OPEN ENROLLMENT. ONLY AT THE VTC ROMNEY LOCATION.
Summary: This is a combat leader class designed to teach you leadership, decision making, and the planning and the execution of missions at the team and squad level, via immersion in a simulated combat environment. There are no training prerequisites for those coming from alternative tactical training backgrounds. This is not a live fire class, and runs utilizing AirSim Professional Training Rifles. This class is currently an annual event.
How it works:
- Class runs Sunday – Sunday. First Sunday is reception (1500 hrs) / lecture.
- Monday AM is lecture / practical planning exercises.
- Monday PM first Mission.
- Each subsequent day has a morning and afternoon tactical mission.
- Nominated Squad Leaders will be given their missions the night before, to allow planning time.
- Night recon patrol missions are available, and we may add night missions for those with night vision equipment.
Students will rotate through command appointments, with each leadership student getting the minimum of one full rotation as squad leader. Each scenario will allow time for those nominated as leaders to conduct full battle procedure:
- Receive Mission.
- Battle Procedure: planning, mission brief, rehearsals.
- Execute Mission: AirSim force on force battle exercise.
- Debrief / lessons learned.
When not in a command appointment as a squad or team leader, you will be a part of the squad, supporting execution of the mission. Although the class will at times be demanding and tiring, it is a learning environment and will be managed accordingly.
Type of Attendance Available
- Leadership Student (with a command appointment).
- OPFOR volunteer: 4-6 volunteers required per class.
- 13 Students required
- This is an AirSim Class:
- Students can loan MVT AirSim rifles or bring their own
- Gas / BB cost included in class price.
- This is NOT a live fire class.
- More info on AirSim HERE.
- The deposit holds a space on the class.
- Deposit is non-refundable, but transferable.
- If the class does not meet minimums, students agree to transfer the deposit to another MVT class of their choice.
- You are encouraged to camp at FOB Velocity at the training site, for the team building / scenario factor.
- You can camp in whatever comfort you want at the FOB.
- A Team Cabin is available at the FOB.
- You are not prevented from staying in local hotels if you wish, for all or some nights.
- Your fitness will need to be adequate to be mobile across the Velocity Training Center with a combat load. See Tactical Class Fitness Prerequisites, which apply.
- AirSim GBB Rifles only
- Protective gear as per AirSim (link below).
- Personal gear as per MVT Lite Fight Concept (link).
- No MVT Class prerequisites, although HEAT 1 / HEAT 2 / HEAT FOF / HEAT CQB are recommended!
- You must have some appropriate infantry or civilian/other tactical training. This class will not be taught from the ground up of basic tactics. The focus is on the planning and leadership. If you need help with specific techniques for your mission, of course it will be given. It is a learning environment, not sink or swim. Cadre will shadow you through your appointment, helping or hindering, as deemed most beneficial to your training development.
- There will be a requirement for a 4-6 man volunteer OPFOR to support the training objectives.
- OPFOR will require the same gear as the students.
- There learning opportunities for OPFOR, by taking part as enemy and listening to debriefs.
- OPFOR will not pay tuition.