H.E.A.T. Squad Tactics
Max Velocity Tactical (MVT) offers 4 Day HEAT Squad Tactics training events. These are immersive scenario based training events utilizing AirSim professional training weapons. The HEAT Squad Tactics classes involve the practical application of team based combat tactics in realistic training scenarios against a dedicated opposing force (OPFOR).
Force on Force events are an excellent training opportunity as part of the MVT training progression – these events fill a vital role in developing your tactical effectiveness, with a focus on teamwork, leadership, and team communication along with effective tactical application.
Squad Tactics is the successor to the Combat Leader Course.
- Arrival / Reception.
- AirSim Issue / Brief / Test Fire.
- Lectures: mission planning / orders.
- Tactics rehearsals / demonstration.
- Cadre-Led Orders / Rehearsals.
- Cadre-Led mission.
Friday – Saturday:
- Two full mission profiles (FMP) per day.
- Each mission planned / briefed / rehearsed by a student volunteer Patrol Leader.
- Missions may include: raid, ambush, hostage rescue, woodland / CQB etc.
- Receive Mission (the night before).
- Battle Procedure: planning, mission brief, rehearsals.
- Execute Mission: AirSim force on force battle exercise.
- Debrief / lessons learned.
- Final student mission.
Patrol Leader positions (x 5) will be given to student volunteers. The first mission will be cadre (i.e. Max) led. When not a Patrol Leader, or if you don’t want to do it, you will fill spaces as Riflemen and Team Leaders.
Note: There are no MVT class prerequisites for attendance at FOF; students should be at an appropriate training level where they can manipulate and operate their weapon, allowing them to focus on the Force on Force training. Such initial training may be gained elsewhere. Examples of appropriate MVT classes providing this instruction are are: HEAT 0.5 & HEAT 1.
The MVT Fitness Assessment is NOT Required.
The H.E.A.T. FOF events are woodland based, utilizing the training range of the AirSim Professional Training Rifles, and incorporating the CQB buildings / structures into the training environment.
4 day Class Cost:
- TUITION: $800
- AirSim Rental (optional): Rifle, Gas, BB’s): Included.
- NO LIVE AMMO COSTS!
OPFOR (Opposing Force):
- There will be a requirement for a 4-6 man volunteer OPFOR to support the training objectives.
- There are learning opportunities for OPFOR, by taking part as enemy and listening to debriefs.
- OPFOR will not pay tuition.
Note: Due to pre-deployment training for Special Military Units being conducted at the VTC, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes at the VTC with 30 days notice.