Class Equipment Requirements
You will be sent a class information, directions and disclaimer packet once you enroll in a class and pay your deposit.
Equipment: Specific information can be found on the relevant class page. This list is a general guide for HEAT tactical classes:
- Equipment: Specific information can be found on the relevant class page. This list is a general guide for HEAT tactical classes:
- MVT Classes are AR15 centric for weapon manipulation training.
- Rifle spare parts/spare rifle/optics are useful in case of failures.
- Ensure your rifle is well / excessively lubricated.
- Muzzle Brakes (known at MVT as ‘loudeners’) are strongly discouraged at class. Not only are they detrimtenal to others shooting in close proximity, they are also a non-tactical item. A standrad A2 birdcage or similar is the encouraged item.
- Rifle cleaning kit/lubricant
- Rifle magazines (20 or 30 rounds standard capacity): minimum eight.
- Unique tape on your magazines will help you find them after drills.
- Bring as many magazines as you can, pre-loaded, to avoid wasting time loading magazines between drills. 16 would be better than 8.
- Bring 4 empty magazines to day 1 of CRS/CTT + 1 x penny.
- Eye protection / Ear protection: Electronic ear protection is recommended.
- Load/ammo carrying gear: ‘Load-Out’ i.e. battle belt/plate carrier/tactical vest. Be able to carry 6 – 8 magazines on your person.
- Water source: canteen/ camelbak/ water bottles
- Bug repellant / Sun screen
- Medication / Allergies: Bring relevant Inform cadre of location / type as necessary.
- Knee Pads
- Rifle sling
- Tactical gloves
- Boots with ankle support. Long pants, hiking or combat style. Long sleeved shirt/top.
- Clothing suitable to the season: i.e. warm/cold gear, rain gear
- Bring Camp Chairs to the Square Range days.
If you have questions for clarification, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work on an average of 400 rifle rounds per day. Check the website for individual class ammo requirements. FoF classes do not require live ammo, utilizing AirSim rifles only.
Student Round Counts per class:
This was for one student. You finger on the trigger will determine how many rounds you expend on top of this.
HEAT 1 Round Count by day:
|Class||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Total|
|Oct 2020||239||418 (2)*||154||285 (3)*||1096|
HEAT 2 Round Count by day:
|Class||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Total|
For classes at the Velocity Training Center (VTC), Romney, WV:
No armor piercing or tracer ammunition. Steel cased ammo is not recommended.
For mobile classes involving the tactical ranges (due to the use of steel targets and shields):
NO penetrator, steel core, armor piercing, bi-metal, M855, tracer, M193 / XM193 / 193 ammunition.
Rounds may be magnet tested (not cases). Steel cased ammo is not recommended.
Mobile flat range classes are exempt ammunition restrictions, with the exception of tracer.
Note: Cheap bulk ammunition is recommendation for tactical training i.e. PMC Bronze .223 55 grain, or similar ammunition. For AK ammo, ensure it complies with the requirements above.
For VTC Romney Classes only. You are welcome to ship ammo to the UPS mailbox in advance of a class. It will be brought to the training site for you. Note that plenty of notice is required, the shipping address is in VA, the training site is in WV: Max Velocity Tactical, 15191 Montanus Dr #127, Culpeper, VA 22701.
- Don’t ship anything illegal. MVT is not an FFL.
- Inform what you are going to ship, and when.
- Remind prior to your class about the ammo so it can be transported to site.
Limitations & Representations
MVT does not represent and cannot warrant that the information, tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) presented during its training course will prevent or minimize the likelihood of loss. MVT disclaims any and all responsibility for Student’s application of the knowledge and skills taught. Student agrees to apply the knowledge and skills taught by MVT in accordance with applicable laws, as well as commonly accepted safety rules and standards, to include using suitable backstops and accounting for surface danger zones. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Student agrees to indemnify, defend and hold MVT and its instruction staff harmless from any and all losses, claims, suits, damages, and judgments for personal injury (including death), property damage, and financial loss to Student or any third party, directly or indirectly, related to the use or misuse of information presented and TTPs taught by MVT.
Attendance at an MVT course does not qualify or credential Student, in any way, as an instructor in firearms, tactics, or any other course content provided by MVT. The use of unique MVT training concepts, methodologies, and scenarios constitutes appropriation and misuse of MVT intellectual property. Student agrees not to use existing or future MVT trademarks for personal gain or to reflect any association with MVT other than as a student. Student agrees not to claim or otherwise imply any