Rucksacks for Long Range Recce

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Load Bearing Equipment Rucksacks for Long Range Recce

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • Author
      DiznNC
      Participant

In my travels for the past couple of years, I have been exploring various load bearing systems, that work in conjunction to form a complete load out system. What I was essentially doing was to develop an integrated load out for long range recon, which might possibly be one of my tasks in the for-seeable future. What this entails is a step up from the “Fight Light” concept, which we have all been exposed to in class, where in most cases, there are shelter, food, and water close by, that we don’t have to schlep everywhere we go. But in some instances, we may want to reconnoiter some different points, areas, and/or trails that are far enough to require carrying everything on our backs. So for those of your looking at the upcoming Long Range Recce class, I would submit one rucksack I’ve found, for your consideration.

I initially found Crossfire Australia on line, after someone mentioned them in a LBE thread. I decided to try them out because they had a long association with Aussie SF so I figured they might know a thing or two about military rucksacks. And I was right. Their frameset is the best I have ever humped. So I sang it’s praises so much they hired me on as a North American rep. So yes I do work with them, but that came after I fell in love with their rucks. So I’m not just shilling out their wares for a buck. I really like these rucksacks and think you guys will too.

As Max has already mentioned, the requirement for the recce class will be a ruck of say 55L size, or thereabouts. This is just enough to add it those items you will need, without being tempted to over-load it with a lot of stuff you don’t. Looking at the packing list, you are adding some kind of sleep system (bag per season and bivy), some sort of basha (and bungees/cord to string it), a light weight cook system (a fold up stove and heat tabs would work well here), some freeze-dried rats (I buy #10 cans of beef stew and such, and repackage in 1 cup meals), a canteen cup suitable for heating water, lighter, spoon, and dish rag. You will probably also want some kind of dry clothes bag (extra socks, shorts, t-shirt, etc.) and soft shell/ hard shell jackets/smocks. And insulation layers per season (gridded fleece, windshirt, puffy jacket). Not to mention watch cap, and gloves.

The Crossfire DG-3 rucksack system fits this bill nicely. It resembles a cross between a MR 3-day and Overload style pack. Except it has a conventional top lid over a full center zip main body. I didn’t think I’d like this at first, but it grew on me. By using individual stuff sacks for each bit of kit, it’s very easy to work out of. The bag and bivy go in first, with the bivy forming the stuff sack for the bag. Then I stack 3 x 7L stuffsacks (Highlanders from Jay Jays) on top, consisting of: food/cook stove sack, dry clothes sack I (base layers), and dry clothes II (insul layers). Next in is shell layers, worked around the stuff sacks. Then basha on top of that. Then 3L water bladder, either run down the back, or on top of basha. Top lid has boo boo kit, tool kit, admin kit. So that’s the bag.

The frame is an external polymer design. It is back-wards compatible with practically any ALICE-compatible design (Med/Large ALICE, TT “MALICE”, LBT 8-10-pocket, FILBE, Molle 4,000, etc.) With some slight mods will also work with Large Molle, and MR NICE-framed rucks. It is the heart of their system. They have combined the best attributes from the internal and the external frames. It is rigid enough to support the load, but still flexible enough to move with you. It is a rectangle design, with a full cut out for a rear plate, when required. When combined with their suspension system, it makes a huge difference in carrying loads over rough terrain.

The suspension system has shoulder straps with three layers of different densities, so it’s comfortable up next to you, but rigid to stay flat under load. It’s tailored so they stay out of your arm pits and keep your arms from going numb, which could be bad. The waist belt is segmented so the side pads and belt are removable when not needed, but gives you a solid waist belt when required. The shoulder straps and waist pad are adjustable, with three settings each, so you can configure it as a short back, w/out waist belt, for use with belt order, or long back, w/ full waist belt, for use with PC/chest rig.

So not only is this ruck system the most comfortable I’ve ever rucked, over longer distances, but also integrates with fighting load out, as either a short or long back.

I’ve already sent one to Max for T & E, so he will add in his comments as he tests it out as well. 1st Sgt let me know if this is something you’d like to take a look at as well. It would be interesting to test out in the up-coming recce class. I think you guys will find this ruck ideally suited to our needs.

As soon as I figure out how to get pics up, I’ll post some.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  DiznNC.
        Max
        Keymaster

I do indeed have the DG-3 ruck. Frankly, it’s the best bit of rucking kit I have seen, without using it yet, at first observations. It took me a little to figure it out, because of the accessories and flexibility of the system.

I hope to get an intro vid up online next week before heading to CLC. I plan to do field trials of it at CLC – by which I mean replace my sandbag walks with ruck walks in the evening. I’ll try and get a second video out of that too. I will have the DG-3 with me for inspection.

My thoughts are that at 55 liters this ruck takes you beyond the basic fight lite system into having to carry extra gear for an overnight or longer patrol. Preferably not wearing plates if you had to, but it’s an option if it were a combat patrol. This can be worn on top of the fight lite system of light battle belt and chest rig or plate carrier. Or, for longer dismounted patrolling, you could go with trad Brit Belt Kit, such as I used to espouse a few years ago. I’m planning on exploring that avenue also, when I can get an updated modern belt kit.

I know Joe has talked about off the back systems for the heat of FL. Of course we are heading into the cold right now, but I am interested to see how well ventilated the back is.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…but I am interested to see how well ventilated the back is.

Look forward to to your assessment for proper ventilation for hot and humid environments like mine.

I am looking at the Crossfire site right now.

As I’ve stated before our focus on deserts and mountains has left a gaping hole for gear appropriate for jungle or even my swamps.

With careful examination there are a few good choices for what was once called first and second line gear.

However I haven’t seen any packs designed for military use that are even remotely suitable for jungle use.

Doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but I have yet to find them.

Lloyd
            Participant

@DiznNC – If I wanted to buy one of these, where could I find it?

A quick search didn’t show anything other than a couple of short reviews.

Max
                Keymaster

I think if you give him a moment, he may be able to sell you one. Not sure exactly what the setup is gonna look like.

First Sergeant

As I’ve stated before our focus on deserts and mountains has left a gaping hole for gear appropriate for jungle or even my swamps.

The proper gear for northern Europe had been forgotten also.

FILO
                  Signal Out, Can You Identify
                  Je ne regrette rien
                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Lloyd
                  Participant

I think if you give him a moment, he may be able to sell you one. Not sure exactly what the setup is gonna look like.

Cool. I was just looking for more details, photos, pros/cons to compare it to my Karrimor Predator Patrol 45.

Max
                      Keymaster

I’ll get a couple of vids up soon as I can.

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

It’s also worth mentioning that it’s pretty common for companies to discontinue a full size ruck. The market demand is relatively low, so the companies have a hard time justifying keeping them in stock.

If you hear recommendations for one, don’t wait years to get it, it might not stick around

DiznNC
                        Participant

Hey guys, I apologize for my serious lack of IT skilz. The Crossfire North America website should have been up and running by now, but is still in the final stages of being sorted out. So we hope to have the thing up and running in a week or two. So the idea is you can order from the Crossfire NA website, and your order will be shipped out from NC, by me, to you. If you guys want to get on a pre-order list, just drop me a line here, or email my ass.

BTW can someone tell me how to get a pic from your laptop to this thread? It says my pics exceed the size allowed. How do you get around that?

A few comments. As far as size. It is a bit bigger than a MR 3-day sized pack. So it’s actually a legit 72-hour ruck, for woodland ops. The key is food and water. You can save a lot of space and weight by buying a #10 can of your favorite freeze-dried meal, and transferring 1 cup meals into baggies. They make a nice, triangular-shaped baggie, with a flat bottom. It’s perfect to just add water to, set for 10 or minutes, and eat. I can get 6 full meals into six baggies, which weighs less than a 1/3 of equivalent stripped down MRE’s. And fits into a 7L stuffsack, along with a folding stove and heat tabs. So a lot less bulk too. Old timers will remember Lurp rats, which I am trying to re-invent here.

On water, I run a Source 3L bladder, the new one which is more square-shaped. What I have been doing lately, and this is for Joe, I run the bladder off the back wall, but, I flip it up and place it over the rest of my kit, usually the basha or a smock. That way it rests on the top of the ruck, just under the top lid. The external frame was tailored to allow for body armor use, however, when you don’t run BA, it creates a nice little hollow spot for good ventilation, ala ALICE framed packs. So in hot and humid areas, the external frame creates some stand-off from your back. Are you feeling the love yet, Joe? This depends of course on whether you are running BA; depending on your SOP here, in really hot weather, I would either leave it off, or carry it in the ruck for the infil in, and then jock up for actions in the obj area, and replace it in the ruck for exfil. Now with a 3L bladder, if you are not running BA, it tends to bulge out into the gap, even contacting your back. So I have started carrying it on top of everything so it doesn’t interfere with my happy space. If you do have to wear BA, then the bladder can still be worn down the back; the rear plate will just push it back into the ruck. It almost creates kind of a shock absorber for it, so it works really well. As oppose to other packs where bolsters must be worn, to keep the pack from sliding around.

On jungle use. Yes this is also near and dear to my heart. The good news here is that the external frame is essentially an updated ALICE, in that it creates a nice air gap around back. So if you are thinking along these lines for jungle ops, you’re in for a treat. The other thing is, it makes an excellent “short back” ruck, By which I mean it actually works with a jungle patrol belt, aka belt kit. The DG-3 has an 18″ frame length, which puts it at just above the waist for most folks, So in effect, it is optimized to sit atop the sustainment pouches on your belt kit. The waist belt and outside pads remove so you don’t have to dick around with trying to get two waist belts into the same space. With a proper belt kit, with the pouches all mounted flush with the top of the belt, the ruck nestles in nicely and really doesn’t need the waist belt, under normal circumstances. Running a belt kit allows you to get all that crap off your chest and makes hot weather patrolling at least tolerable.

On integrating with your Fight Light load out. It will also do this as well. You can leave the ruck adjusted as a “short back” and run it with your “battlebelt”, and/or a PC or chest rig. It will not nestle as well, if you don’t have full sustainment pouches on back, but it will still fit on with your battle belt; just more weight will be on the shoulders.

This pack actually has a shit-load of more features, which I was hoping to have the website and up to demonstrate, but just briefly. It comes standard with an external frame, but, also comes with an internal frame sheet and extra lumbar pad. So for times when an internal frame will work better, such as vehicle ops where space is limited, you can remove the external frame, slide in the internal framesheet, add the lumbar pad directly to the bag, then re-attach the suspension directly to the bag.

It also comes with an expandable “beaver tail”, which will take a full-sized ballistic helmet. So for when the helmet/NV gear is not needed, it can be stored around back.

It also comes with several internal pouches, for water bladders or radios along the back wall, and several along the sides, ala MR stuff.

So it comes standard with a lot of shit you pay extra for with other packs.

DiznNC
                          Participant

And I should mention, it comes in MC, Coyote, and Ranger Green. We also have a few framesets (just the frames and suspension) for those of you with ALICE compatible rucks that would like to upgrade. I have the DG-3 frameset (18″) in all 3 colors. I also Have a few of the DG-16 framesets in MC only. This is a slightly longer frame for those with longer torsos. Or if you want a better frame for “long back” config.

DiznNC
                            Participant

DG-3

Holy shit I got a pic up. OK here’s a general arrangement shot to give you an idea of size and what it looks like. I’ve got 30 lbs of kit in here for a hump up a local mountain.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  DiznNC.
                              DiznNC
                              Participant

DG-3

Ok here’s the working side of this deal. Notice rectangle shaped external frame, with cut out for hot weather, or BA if required. Also notice suspension, with nicely padded shoulder straps and waist belt.

DiznNC
                                Participant

DG-3

Here’s a profile view, so you can get an idea of overall size. It has the same length and width of say a classic Brit Bergen, but obviously a lot thinner. So 55L instead of 110. Balances very well.

DiznNC
                                  Participant

DG-3

Here is the back end. Note full center zip, two compression straps, and conventional but well-tailored top lid.

DiznNC
                                    Participant

DG-3

And in the wild. This is actually a DG-3 mounted on a DG-16 frame, which works better for taller guys; depends on your torso length. Notice how it integrates with a belt kit. Again this is a 30 lb load, with a legit load out for a multi-day patrol in the bush.

DiznNC
                                      Participant

DG-3

Another shot, showing how it integrates with belt kit. Also notice stand-off between ruck and back. This was a Memorial Day land nav patrol. Temps were up over 100 degrees. Our man was fresh as a daisy. Because he wore a DG-3, well maybe, but probably because he’s a fucking stud.

DiznNC
                                        Participant

DG-3

On the move. Another shot to give an overall impression.

DiznNC
                                          Participant

Sorry, I don’t mean to spam you guys, but wanted to add a few things, maybe in anticipation of your questions.

First of all, some of you may be thinking what’s so fucking special about this ruck? I mean there are a lot of rucks out there; why should I consider this one? Well, the first thing I would say is that the frameset, which is the external frame, and suspension, is literally the best I’ve ever rucked. That’s a steep statement all right and I will explain. When we talk about rucks for military operations, we need to have a ruck that can integrate with your LBE, be it classic belt kit, Fight Light belt kit, PC/chest rig, or some combination of the above. That usually means a short back ruck. There are many other rucks that are arguably more comfortable, long back rucks with fully padded waist belts, but most of these have problems integrating with your fighting load out. So within the context of a short back ruck, designed to be worn with fighting load out, this is the best execution of that concept I’ve ever seen. And I have been working on this issue for over 30 years, with lots of different ruck designs. So why is this one different? It’s the external frame. They made a polymer frame that goldilocks the rigidity of an external, with the flex of an internal. It is a simple, contoured rectangle design. It supports the load, because it has the structure of an external frame, but it also is flexible enough to move with you, so it also acts like an internal frame, as far as balance and comfort go. Let me compare it to some other rucks. The classic ALICE has a similar external frame, in fact it carries much similar to this design, with nice ventilation around back. But here’s the differences. The metal frame is rigid, it can only support the load, but can’t move with you. The classic internal frame Bergen is more flexible, in fact, sometimes too flexible, as it can shift around on you without enough support. So you get either too much, or not enough support. The genius to this design is it gives you the right amount of support, AND it can flex and move with you.

This becomes especially apparent, when you are speed marching to “troops in contact”. When things get really dynamic, it really comes alive. As you move, the pack can move with you. The frame is flexing so it follows your movement, as your shoulders and hips rock back and forth. The frame is literally twisting with you. A conventional external frame will just bounce up and down and beat you to death. A conventional internal frame will just roll around with the movement, over-flexing, if you will, which also tires you out. This is why I say it combines the best of both designs.

DG-3

DiznNC
                                            Participant

Next comes the harness.

DG-3

I have made a few harnesses, trying to get that perfect blend of comfort and support. Well, these guys got it done. They actually used two different densities of closed cell foam, and stiffener sheet. So it builds from soft up next to you, to rigid on the outside. So the thing is very comfortable, but has the structure to stay flat, and support the weight. They found the perfect blend of support, with padding you can live with.

So this makes up the frameset. I have never been so close to perfection in my life, because the major limitations I had to live with were: using other frames (ALICE, TT, or Down East), in combination with other harnesses (you name it, plus my own). This was a real game-changer for me.

DiznNC
                                              Participant

Next comes the bag. Besides the overall layout and size, there is the attachment method to the frame.

If you look at the above pic again, you can see the sides of what I like to call “the jockstrap”, which is 1 1/2″ webbing that secures the top of the bag to the frame, much the same way the sleeve does on an ALICE type ruck. It has a vertical piece that comes over the top center of the frame, hence the jockstrap. Down further along the sides, and bottom, are webbing tabs that fit through slots in the frame. Much similar to tabs on the Molle and FILBE rucks, but taken a step further to create what they call the “live load”. The bag is stressed around the entire circumference of the frame, instead of just hanging down from a top sleeve. So as you move, the entire frame is helping to support the load, instead of just hanging off it. This is an important feature for us, as we contour terrain, and the bag weight wants to shift around. The side and even bottom attach points become more important. Along with the compression straps, they keep the weight secured tight to the frame. You can really feel this when climbing or descending steep terrain, or just walking the military crest all day!

So while you can get close to it with other bags on their frameset, to really get the full monty, you need to try their complete system. Or at least get a rigger to modify your bag to match.

DG-3

Lloyd
                                                Participant

Great photos, Diz! Thanks. Gives me a much better idea of what you’re talking about.

Looks very similar in size/capacity to Mystery Ranch SATL, correct?

However, having owned the SATL, this DG-3 appears to be more user friendly, with greater ability to adjust up/down as the load might require… not to mention the benefits of the external frame.

Am I on the right track with those observations?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Lloyd.
                                                  Lloyd
                                                  Participant

Am I right in thinking that the waist belt and side/hip pads can be removed, but still retaining the big lumbar pads shown in the photos above?

What kind of price tag are we talking about for one of these things?

DiznNC
                                                    Participant

Yeah It’s about the same size as the SATL or the Overload series. As far as frames, if you remove the external frame and install the internal framesheet and lumbar pad, and then re-attach the suspension directly to the bag, it is very much the equivalent of a MR ruck, in how it rides and performs. With the external frame, it is superior, IMHO.

When using the external frame (highly recommended), with a belt kit, you can remove the outer pads and waist belt, and as you guessed it, the lumbar pads in back stay. So it’s just like duct-taping an ALICE waist belt out of the way for jump ops. And how lots of folks ran them most of the time. If you look closely at the pics in the wild, you can see the outer pads and waist belt have been removed.

We are working on a price right now for MVT alumni. I am talking about it with my boss as we speak. Our website should be up very soon (thank God and my boss). It’s going to be under 350.- but will have to nail the exact price down. So it’s not cheap, but compares very well against the Gucci brands, which it beats the shit out of, IMHO.

DiznNC
                                                      Participant

Here is a good buddy of mine doing a test comparison between his issue Overload, and the DG-3.

Overload

Here’s the Overload.

DiznNC
                                                        Participant

And here’s the DG-3.

DG-3

The Overload is much taller due to it’s alpine cut, but the volumes are surprisingly close.

DiznNC
                                                          Participant

And let me just say, I had to about use a crowbar to pry him out of his Overload; he doesn’t just change kit because some gear queer recommends it. He was very impressed with the DG-3. In fact, I’m taking one to him as soon as he gets back.

We have been getting them in the hands of beta testers within the community, active duty, LEO’s, and armed civvies. The response has been very favorable. We are eagerly awaiting Max’s review as well. I think the DG-3 is tailor-made to our ops, for longer range patrols, when you need more kit.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

When you get a chance I would like to see some additional pictures of the DG-3 frame, preferably off the pack. I did see above picture, so a profile shot and opposite side.

With and without shoulder straps etc.. I found pictures of the DG-16 frame so I am trying to compare the two.

You also mentioned an internal frame/board. A picture and description of pocket or straps that hold it in place. How thick and roughly how flexible.

DiznNC
                                                              Participant

Here’s a few pics I already have. If you want a different angle let me know.

DG-3

Here’s the other side of the DG-3.

DiznNC
                                                                Participant

Here’s the internal framesheet. It’s about .080″ I would say, plus the two alum stays.

DG-3

DiznNC
                                                                  Participant

Here’s the velcro pouch it fits into on the back wall.

DG-3

DiznNC
                                                                    Participant

And then here’s what it looks like with an internal frame.

DG-3

DiznNC
                                                                      Participant

The DG-16 is being re-designed to resemble the DG-3, so really the only difference will be the torso length. With the DG-3 being 18″, and the DG-16 being 20″.

Here is the side view of the DG-16, with DG-3 the same.

DG-16

DiznNC
                                                                        Participant

DG-16

Here is the harness by itself on the frame.

• #121948
                                                                          DiznNC
                                                                          Participant

DG-16

And the back side showing how it attaches to the frame.

• #121949
                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                            Participant

Some notes. The DG-3 frame will fit like an ALICE frame, that is, sit above your waist line. The DG-16 is 2″ longer so it will sit lower, if that’s your preferred method of carry. I find the DG-3 frame works well with belt kit, and the DG-16 works better, for me, for cold weather or mountain warfare, where I might run a chest rig and the DG-3 as long back with full waist belt. So a lot is gonna depend on your torso length, and how you want to run your fighting load out. I have a 17″ torso length so this set up works well for me.

The pack bags are not currently 100% interchangeable, but we are looking at that. The DG-16 frame will fit with a DG-3 bag, but two tabs on the sides will not line up.

I mention this only because Joe is looking at it. Most of you will be fine with a DG-3 frameset, especially if you’re used to the ALICE system.

• #121953
                                                                              Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                              Moderator

Appreciate the prompt follow up.

• #122118
                                                                                Max
                                                                                Keymaster

• #122133
                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                  Participant

:good:

Very much looking forward to this being available! Definitely looks like an improvement over my Karrimor 45, but not big and “sloppy” like a lot of rucks in this size class.

• #122145
                                                                                    DiznNC
                                                                                    Participant

Hey Max’s review is up!

Yeah, I ran the Karrimor 45 at MVT Patrol class ands it worked pretty good. But this is definitely an upgrade.

• #122148
                                                                                        Max
                                                                                        Keymaster

Respond to email Diz. Need to put the sales link in youtube description. Already had a comment that it is $115 shipping from Oz to US. I did state in description that I would put the sales link up soon as I have it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Max.
                                                                                      • #122157
                                                                                        Pinky
                                                                                        Participant

dumb question..how large is this compared to the Kifaru pack that was recommended a while back? I cannot seem to find the model or the size of it, but I did see several of them over the last couple years at MVT. It seems to be smaller, but not sure by how much. Thanks

• #122159
                                                                                          Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                          Moderator

Diz,

In Max’s part 1 video and the various components he demonstrated, what comes standard vice extras?

• #122162
                                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                                            Participant

Pinky: Which Kifaru model was that? The DG-3 is 55L if that helps any. You can get a pretty good idea of the size from Max’s vid.

Joe: Everything you see there comes with. External frameset, main bag with top lid, beaver tail, all 6 removable pouches, internal framesheet, and lumbar pad.

• #122163
                                                                                              Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                              Moderator

Have you ever tried installing internal framesheet then attaching external frame?

The idea being to minimize pillowing effect of items into airgap between pack and wearers back. Such as you described by folding hydration bladder over too of gear.

Do you understand what I am trying to get across?

• #122164
                                                                                                DiznNC
                                                                                                Participant

Our website is getting real close to being ready. If you’re interested, let me know here and I’ll start a pre-order list. MVT alum will get a 10% discount. Discount code to be announced. I only have a limited number on hand on this first production run, so let me know if you want one, and I will reserve it for you, in case we get a lot of orders and run out.

The DG-3 comes in Multicam, Coyote Brown, and Ranger Green. It comes with an external frameset, pack bag, 6 removable pouches, beaver tail, internal framesheet, and lumbar pad. Full retail will be $360.- for CB/RG, and $388.- for multicam. MVT prices will be $324.- CB/FG, and $349.- MC. + shipping.

We should be up and running within a week. Stand by to stand by!

• #122165
                                                                                                  DiznNC
                                                                                                  Participant

Joe: Yeah that is totally doable, in fact I have done it. I don’t do it as a general rule because it adds weight which I’m trying to minimize. With careful/artful packing you can get around it. Like your self-inflating sleep mat, folded up and used as a stiffener against back wall. That sort of thing. And/or the bladder flipped up to rest on top of everything.

• #122166
                                                                                                    Lloyd
                                                                                                    Participant

You can put me on the pre-order list! Multicam

• #122168
                                                                                                      DiznNC
                                                                                                      Participant

Gotcha, you are cleared hot!

• #122194
                                                                                                        JC
                                                                                                        Participant

The pack and frame look awesome. I love the flexibility. Please put me on the list as well Diz. Multicam.

(PS: It’s been awhile, so you might not remember, but we were both in the May 2015 Combat Patrol class. I was using an old Eagle Becker Patrol pack.)

• #122244
                                                                                                          Max
                                                                                                          Keymaster
                                                                                                          • #122250
                                                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                                                            Participant

Yes! Thanks Max for the vid review and the link to the website. You guys should be able to order as of this point. Fire for effect!

• #122251
                                                                                                              DiznNC
                                                                                                              Participant

Point of clarification. Someone asked if you needed to order a frameset when ordering a ruck, such as the DG-3. No you don’t; the DG-3 comes with a frameset included. The separate framesets are for upgrading your existing pack, an ALICE/FILBE/Molle 4,000. Which is highly recommended.

• #122256
                                                                                                                DiznNC
                                                                                                                Participant

Hell yeah! Rock on JC!

• #122269
                                                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                                                  Participant

Is there a special discount code for MVT guys?

• #122271
                                                                                                                    Lloyd
                                                                                                                    Participant

Just placed an order with “guardian” as the discount code. :good:

• #122274
                                                                                                                      DiznNC
                                                                                                                      Participant

Yeah that’s fine. We had different codes for MVT and LF but that’s what got put up. And it works.

• #122278
                                                                                                                        Lloyd
                                                                                                                        Participant

@DiznNC – I sent an email to the address on your site, but it bounced back undeliverable…

Placed an order (No 415) and didn’t get an email confirmation. Also, before ordering, I tried to set up an account and got a mssg saying a password would be emailed to me. No emailed password has come through.

Just wanted you to be aware there are a few bugs to work out.

• #122280
                                                                                                                          DiznNC
                                                                                                                          Participant

Lloyd: Thanks for the feedback. Yeah there are a few bugs to be worked out. I’m getting on the website guys right now. I have you down on my list and will make sure you get a ruck, even if you don’t get email confirm at this point.

Guys if you order a ruck, check in with me here, so I have you on MY list.

• #122302
                                                                                                                              farmer
                                                                                                                              Participant

DizNC, My order #417. Please add me to your list.

Rough idea on delivery or a tracking number? I guess they will send that in an email.

Thanks, Ron :good:

• #122290
                                                                                                                              DiznNC
                                                                                                                              Participant

Hey guys, sorry for all the drama. The website does work, but for right now please use credit card, if possible, as the pay pal isn’t working. And we are going to do $20.00 flat rate shipping for you guys on these first few orders. They are working on the email thing right so again please check in with me here. Thanks for your patience!

• #122316
                                                                                                                                JC
                                                                                                                                Participant

Hey Diz – so do you want us to use an “MVT” code, or just go ahead with the “guardian” code as the other guys have done? I’m not trying to beat this to death, I just thought you might want to track Alumni purchases.

• #122329
                                                                                                                                  DiznNC
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yeah man go ahead and use the “guardian” code. And just let me know here so I can keep track manually. One of these days we’ll be able to do that kind of thing like the big dogs, but for now, I’ll just do it the old fashioned “one potato, two potato” way myself.

BTW, Credit card works, pay pal work in progress. $20.00 Flat rate shipping in place. You may not get an email confirm yet, but just let me know here cuz i’m keeping my own list.

And thanks for your patience.

• #122332
                                                                                                                                    JC
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Roger.
                                                                                                                                      Order placed – #419.
                                                                                                                                      FYI – I received 2 emails. One informing me an account was set up, and one confirming the order.

• #122402
                                                                                                                                      DiznNC
                                                                                                                                      Participant

OK thanks for the feedback. I have been putting a boot up IT’s ass all day and will probably continue today until it gets right. Thanks again for your patience.

Farmer what color did you order? I’m keeping my own list as a back up.

• #122415
                                                                                                                                          farmer
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Did, I ordered multicast. I sent you a note on PM.

• #122405
                                                                                                                                          DiznNC
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Guys here’s the bottom line. This website is all FUBAR but we will eventually get it right. But. You WILL get your rucksack. Because I’m sitting on the rucks. As long as your CC payment went through, I will take your address down by hand if I have to and make sure your ruck is shipped. For all you vets, just a little nostalgia, no extra charge. For the rest of you alum, hang with me, this is just a normal mil-spec operation.

Please report back here on how your order went. As guys report the bugs, I am relaying (in a calm and friendly fashion) to IT. I know this seems impossible now, but we will get this site un-fucked.

• #122407
                                                                                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Update. It is rumored that Pay Pal is now up and running. Also a couple guys reported that it wouldn’t take their address. Strange but he’s working on that now.

• #122419
                                                                                                                                              DiznNC
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Farmer, got it, you’re GTG.

• #122556
                                                                                                                                                Max
                                                                                                                                                Keymaster

First bit of video made this evening, of me myself and I tabbing around the VTC in the DG3. A bit of ‘survivorman’ filming and having to go and collect the camera after. Loving the DG3 so far!

• #122564
                                                                                                                                                  wheelsee
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Order #420, coyote

• #123024
                                                                                                                                                    DiznNC
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hey Guys sorry for the delay. I am packing everything up today and will ship on Friday. Except those who requested special handling instructions.

Thanks again for your orders, and your patience!

• #123120
                                                                                                                                                      JC
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Excellent. Thanks for the update Diz

• #123478
                                                                                                                                                        idahocajun
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Ordered today! Looking forward to field testing it in Idaho.

• #124266
                                                                                                                                                          farmer
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Mine showed up today. Thanks Diz ! :good:

• #124270
                                                                                                                                                            JC
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Got mine a few days ago. I’m loving it! Thanks for bringing this great kit to us Diz!

• #124332
                                                                                                                                                              DiznNC
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thanks guys for your orders. You won’t be disappointed. Let me know you got your order here, if you would. Want to make sure all MVT alum are squared away. I don’t have a list to cross-reference your handle here with your shipping name.

Well, the website is down right now. Sort of a self-inflicted wound, but no matter, it’s down and we are working on it, as we speak. The higher ups wanted to change the name to “crossfirepacks.com” and evidently it is freaking out the IT guy. SNAFU.

• #124357
                                                                                                                                                                  wheelsee
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Received mine 4 days ago. Well built. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

• #124457
                                                                                                                                                                  DiznNC
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

It appears the website is back up and running as “crossfirepacks.com”.

• #124571
                                                                                                                                                                    winter_is_coming
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Ordered 10/21/19 RG ORDER NUMBER:461

• #124579
                                                                                                                                                                      Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Got mine today. Gonna take some studying and adjusting, but it does look VERY well-made!

• #124681
                                                                                                                                                                        DiznNC
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

OK I can see orders now so I will be going down to UPS most skosh and get everyone out, as of yesterday, 10/21.

Ha, yeah it does look intimidating at first but once you get it sorted out, it’s pretty easy to set up and adjust.

• #124695
                                                                                                                                                                          Max
                                                                                                                                                                          Keymaster

• #124790
                                                                                                                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Allright! Pt deux is up. This is an excellent vid that shows Max humping it in the bush. Notice how the frame rides right above the battle belt, and how the shoulder straps clear the chest rig. Important for military rucks. Lots of internal frame rucks sag down and interfere with your rear pouches, especially on battle belts without full sustainment pouches. Even some assault packs. This pack and frame is cut to ride above them. Lots of pack shoulder straps interfere with chest rigs (not to mention BA). These straps are cut to tuck back away for your rig, especially if you have side utility pouches.

A big shout-out and thank-you to Max and the MVT alum who have decided to add this pack to their load out. You will not be disappointed. I have spent my entire adult life looking for the best training, weapons, and equipment. With MVT, you are getting as close as I have ever come. Along with world-class training, you also get advice on weapons builds, and some good solid kit, from sources around the world. Packs made with input from Aussie SF, belt kit with input from Brit SF (Max’s vid coming soon), and chest rigs designed by Max, with input from MVT alum.

These are dangerous and uncertain times, but I’ve got to say, we’ve never had any better opportunity to train and equip for it. I look forward to seeing you guys at the VTC again soon.

• #126531
                                                                                                                                                                              T
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Order #475

• #127436
                                                                                                                                                                                T
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

THAT. WAS. FAST

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  T.
                                                                                                                                                                                  Attachments:
                                                                                                                                                                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                                                                                                                                                • #127439
                                                                                                                                                                                  T
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Also, why is the time stamp 9 hours fast? England time?

• #127451
                                                                                                                                                                                    Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

It’s zulu time or UTC depending on point of view.

Viewing 81 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.