OPEN ENROLLMENT. NO TRAINING PREREQUISITE. HEAT 1 Recommended.
In any high threat situation you are likely to encounter structures that will require a tactical solution, and thus you need to understand how to deal with structure entry and clearance. Whether operating alone, with a partner, or with a tactical team, you need this class.
The Max Velocity Tactical Hostile Environment Advanced Tactics - CQB class (HEAT CQB) is a full spectrum training program over 3 days, designed to take the student from the basic fundamentals through advanced structure entry and clearance techniques that are taught, trained and utilized by elite military units. Situational training exercises immerse the student into real world scenarios that provide essential feedback through the use of Universal Training Munitions (UTM), while keeping each and every student in a safe and controlled environment.
Upon completion of the course students will know how to properly execute:
- Movement to an objective
- Move, secure and clear hallways
- Single room entries
- Pairs (2 man) entry and clearance
- Team (4 man) entry and clearance
- Multiple room structures
- Multiple building objectives
This is a stand alone course, no prerequisite required. Regardless of your current training level you will be pushed and trained to the point of personal tactical growth. See note below. The class involves live fire individual skills in a flat range setting, and UTM rounds for force on target drills and force on force training and scenarios.
Note: students should be at an appropriate training level where they can efficiently manipulate and operate their weapon, allowing them to focus on the CQB curriculum. Examples of appropriate MVT classes providing this instruction are are: HEAT 1 & HEMS. If you have not taken these classes, or adequate equivalents, you will be at a disadvantage for efficient weapons manipulation. However, safety and skills are built from the ground up over this 3 day class. An honest self assessment of your skill level is required.
- $650 until 90 days ahead of class (early bird).
- $750 within 90 days of class.
- 400 Live Rounds.
- $400 additional cost for the supplied UTM rounds.
Total class cost including UTM ammo: $1050 (early bird) / $1150.
- AR15 rifles only. Your bolt will be replaced by a supplied UTM blue bolt.
- Ensure your AR15 is ‘broken in’ and reliable.
- Empty magazines x 8 – you will be required to put a band of blue tape on the magazines.
- Barrels and chambers pulled through / rodded CLEAN & DRY – no oil/lube. Other working parts lightly oiled.
- UTM approved masks / goggle combinations can be supplied. Preferably: appropriate gear brought by students (see below, recommended).
- UTM Man Marker Rounds rounds will be supplied.
- Left hand ejection port AR15’s will not work with the supplied UTM bolt.
- Ensure you have iron sights and consider removing non-protected optics for the force on force CQB phases of the training.
Founding Alumni (FA) Discounts do not apply to this class.
Cabin Club does apply - to tuition, not UTM cost.