MVT West: Feedback / Market Research Request
Below is copied the recent post I did about the new classes to be held at MVT West, near Spokane WA.
I’m seeking a little feedback from readers / students:
1) I get the feeling from some comments I have seen that interest in MVT is mainly in the tactical classes, such as Combat Team Tactics and Combat Patrol, and that people will hold out on the flat range classes awaiting the tactical classes to come online (I mention this in the post below). My ‘feeling’ is that people think they are squared away at flat range shooting and do not need it, and they want the tactical classes, in the main. What is your feedback on this? We won’t actually be able to get the tactical classes running for some time at MVT West, maybe not till summer 2016, so if you are holding out it may be a while. Also, if I didn’t think that the CRS classes held a huge amount of value I would not be running them.
2) I had the following idea, specifically for MVT West: given that it may be some time before we bring the tactical classes online, and that we are running only CRS classes in the interim, we could change the way things work: CRS is a two day flat range class. It gives you approximately the same training as you get by attending the Rifle Skills (Thursday) and Combat Rifle (Friday) days as part of a CTT class. The Saturday and Sunday parts being on the tactical ranges. We specifically created those Thursday and Friday training days because they were needed to bring students up to speed for the best training experience on the tactical ranges (vast improvement over the old 2 day CRCD class). So how about, for MVT West, we do the following:
- CRS becomes a prerequisite for CTT. It’s a 2 day weekend class.
- CTT goes back to a 2 day weekend class, having completed the CRS equivalent of the Thursday (currently optional Rifle Skills day) and Friday Combat Rifle day by attending CRS.
- This would give you 2 x 2 day classes, with no training on the Friday. You have to attend twice, but less work days off allowing for travel etc.
- Students would be better trained having attended CRS. They would be equivalently trained as if they had attended the full 4 days of the current CTT class, taking the optional Rifle Skills class on the Thursday.
- For MVT West, this would allow students to get the CRS done now, and then attend CTT when it comes on line.
Above: Chris instructing at the Velocity Training Center
Introducing the MVT West satellite facility for Max Velocity Tactical Classes. Chris (BIO Page) is the Chief Instructor for MVT West. It is hosted at the Tier 1 facility near to Spokane, WA. Those attending classes will get site maps and joining instructions. The training site includes a flat range and 60 acres of tactical training land.
The first scheduled classes are:
- Oct 22 – 23 (Sat – Sun): Combat Rifle Skills – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Oct 22 (Sat): Night Firing – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Nov 5 -6 (Sat – Sun): Combat Rifle Skills – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Nov 5 (Sat): Night Firing – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Nov 19 – 20 (Sat – Sun): Combat Rifle Skills – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Nov 19 (Sat): Night Firing – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
Note: it appears that some may be holding out for when Combat Team Tactics / Combat Patrol will be offered at MVT West. It will be some time before these classes are offered, due to the site survey and preparation that needs to happen, including equipment (i.e. target) purchase. Perhaps not before summer 2017. I urge you to consider the flat range classes that are being offered, which are excellent, for all levels. For example, the CRS class gives you the same training as the combination of the Rifle Skills (Thursday) and Combat Rifle (Friday) as part of the Combat Team Tactics classes. The night firing is only usually offered as part of the CTT Class, but is being offered as part of CRS for MVT West.
Combat Rifle Skills (CRS) is a two day flat range class for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced shooter. It will teach you to safely and competently operate your rifle. This class takes the student from running their rifle on the bench, to practical combat applications that will put both rifle and shooter through their paces. Max Velocity Tactical specializes in the teaching of proven, adapted, legitimate combat tactics, techniques and procedures; as such, this class is designed as part of the progression to Combat Team Tactics.
Night Firing is offered as an add-on the the main scheduled class (CRS or CTT), not as a stand-alone. Exceptions may be made for MVT Alumni.
For specific training inquiries for MVT West: email@example.com.
Classes are booked through the normal class booking procedure:
Below: Tier 1 Flat Range