You come home and find this.. What would you do?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Multi Media You come home and find this.. What would you do?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Corvette
        Participant

Part II

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I truly can’t imagine this happening without killing my GSD’s.

If my GSD’s aren’t looking at me through the windows as I approach I would know something is wrong. If I had at least one GSD with me I would probably search house to check on other GSD’s.

wheelsee
            Participant

1st video – homeowner (per video), spends WAY too much time having a preschool conversation. Regardless of why the intruder is in the condition she is in, call 911 for police and EMS. See these folks in ED frequently, there is NO rational discussion.

xsquidgator
              Participant

Those dirty feets on my couch! GTFO!
                Good reasons to leave your doors locked and alarm on when out of the house…

HiDesertRat
                Participant

Space cadet cruising on high. Agree that she needs EMS intervention. Doesn’t look capable of breaking into anything, not even her shoes. Just wandered in the front door, nap time. Dialogue is a waste of time. And despite the urge, would not just throw them out. Needs EMS supervision.

Rowland
                  Participant

That’s a 911 call in a hurry. And I think I’d move her to the porch in the meantime. And…given the drug induced confusion, I’d probably have a gun drawn. Drugs make people VERY unpredictable. I’m in the drug industry as a forensic scientist, and the same drug affects different folks different ways. I don’t like folks on drugs anywhere around me.

Corvette
                    Participant

1st video – homeowner (per video), spends WAY too much time having a preschool conversation.

So true!

Judging by the vid the fam all came in and the parents found her. So with that being said- If i came home and my kids were in the house id be on her like wet on water. Id skull drag her by the back of her face and toss her out in the grass.. No one gets that close to the kids..

The police and EMS can have her then..

Bergmann

Roadkill
                      Participant

Too much talking.

Robert
                        Participant

“I copt’ed it bro!”

I’m heading down to the model home in the million dollar subdivision tomorrow and I’m going to try this.

“Well hello, would you like a tour of the home?”

“No. I copted it bro.”

“Well yes we can see about getting you financing.”

“No. I copted it bro.”

“Well here are some plans for homes we can build for you.”

“No. I copted this one bro.”

After that I’m heading over to Ft. Stewart, I’m gonna “copt” me a Bradley and probably a couple of M249s.

“What the hell do you think your doing here”

“I’m copting your Bradley bro.”

This could really catch on….. Don’t tell Hitlery’s crew about this…. LOL

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Probably on drugs, though could be a mental health issue (or both). No point in arguing with the person when they keep insisting they’ve co-opted it, just call the cops and wait for them to arrive. Seems pretty sedated, could be PCP or something but the few folks I’ve seen on that kind of stuff act hyper. Openly displaying a firearm could cause the person to freak out and get aggressive, probably don’t want to find out, if there’s multiple people in the household like in this situation maybe the armed person stays right around the corner out of eyesight while the person talking bullshits with the intruder long enough for police and EMS to arrive. Maryland has all kinds of goofy laws, so manhandling a person in that physical state and throwing them out on the street here might wind up with assault charges or some BS.

Can’t say the folks in this video did too much wrong, part of what took so long could have simply been police response times, when we get an armed robbery at my job it’s a good 3-5 minutes before anyone shows up, let alone a weird call like this.

hellokitty
                            Participant

If I come home and there is someone i don’t know on the couch, I am not going to fucking worry about what law I might break by booting that fucker out of my house. I will have one thought on my mind and that is defending myself and family. My first inclination would be to grab that bitch by the hair and drag her ass into front hard. However, I will then consider, does she have a weapon? So not a good idea to go hands on. So I would most likely cover her with my rifle or pistol while everyone else moves to a safe area, like outside to meet the law when they come. If she threatens me or my family, I am going to light her up.

Worrying about what law I might break will get you killed. Worrying about why she is there is irrelevant and will get you killed. She is a threat. PERIOD. The communication will be one way. Me giving her orders.

Get some training.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                              FOF X3
                              OPFOR X2
                              CLC X2
                              RIFLEMAN

HiDesertRat
                              Participant

It would seem some folks here would initiate all out nuclear war on this chick. While it is prudent to check the rest of the house, once secure, just 911 the situation. What if someone slipped her some drug in a drink, or fell and hit her head and she is just dazed and confused (obviously). Gonna beat her with a hammer and shoot her? I thought most people on this site were a bit more evolved and might actually think things out a bit. I am beginning to wonder. What would one do if you encountered this kind of behavior the outside? She is clearly not able to defend herself from a house cat let alone some puke with bad intentions. Just gonna let her go down the tube? Would it help if she were bleeding instead to resurrect your sense of humanity? Tourniquets are ok but not compassion? Darwins law 24/7? I am curious about the responses. Whats the point of surviving the SHTF/WW3/Armegeddon if we, in the end, are just another zombie in disguise?

Corvette
                                Participant

It would seem some folks here would initiate all out nuclear war on this chick. While it is prudent to check the rest of the house, once secure, just 911 the situation. What if someone slipped her some drug in a drink, or fell and hit her head and she is just dazed and confused (obviously). Gonna beat her with a hammer and shoot her? I thought most people on this site were a bit more evolved and might actually think things out a bit. I am beginning to wonder. What would one do if you encountered this kind of behavior the outside? She is clearly not able to defend herself from a house cat let alone some puke with bad intentions. Just gonna let her go down the tube? Would it help if she were bleeding instead to resurrect your sense of humanity? Tourniquets are ok but not compassion? Darwins law 24/7? I am curious about the responses. Whats the point of surviving the SHTF/WW3/Armegeddon if we, in the end, are just another zombie in disguise?

Dear god.. really? Now you’re pretending and changing the narrative to suit you inability to digest facts in the video…Somehow we are now suppose to play Counselor and nurse? Exactly when does she get to take responsibility for her actions? If she’s willing to get so messed up she walks into someones house and crashed out like that what else is she capable of? Is she armed? You going to politely ask her if shes laying on a Glock or get control of the situation then and there? Guess what, real life dont work like that. You dont get to change the narrative and rewrite the situation so it fits your sensibilities. Sorry.

Aggression and initiative wins.. if you want to hold her hand and have a conversation thats on you.. When my family is involved the threat is going outside willingly or unwillingly.. Im good either way.

Bergmann

hellokitty
                                  Participant

HD- Your comment is too stupid to respond to.
                                    Get training.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                                    HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                                    FOF X3
                                    OPFOR X2
                                    CLC X2
                                    RIFLEMAN

Corvette
                                    Participant

HD- Your comment is too stupid to respond to.
                                      Get training.

I thought the same thing, but I did anyhow. Last night at the time he posted that stupid reply I was already seriously irritated by a work truck parked snugly next to my house, by my truck and Mrs.Bergmanns brand new car she worked her ass off to buy. This was about 9-9:30 Alaska Standard time. It had no business there or coming down this long dark drive way. I don’t know them and my Mexican neighbors sure didn’t know them either. There was three grown men and a grown ass woman high as shit on something playing with wind-up glow in the dark helicopters and I saw them hit Mrs.Bergmanns car at least twice with a thud loud enough to get my attention the first time.

Keeping the porch light off I came around the side and remained on the dark side where i reached them and got the tag number with other information. Then I let them know in no uncertain terms it was time for them to take their toys and go elsewhere. The big guy tried to talk at me with some sort of convoluted gibberish all the while attempting to sound intelligent by using vocabulary he couldn’t pronounce or place together correctly. He was attempting to assure me that he’s respectful when it comes to someones house and property who he doesn’t know late on a work night, when he’s at a house he has no business being at and that he’s respectful of such things. Really shit ball? .. I assured him his attempts ingratiation were going to be quite fruitless and he and his buddies needed to leave..I dialed 911 with the Intel gathered and the cops came. Sadly they left before the police arrived, save one glow in the dark helicopter stuck in the tall pine tree..

You might be asking yourself what would I have done if the confrontation went south and I was confronted with grown ass men and not a small woman? Well there’s no guarantee they wont come back again tonight (especially if the cops found them and they’re now pissed off) so I’ll stop there with any sort of self incriminating post of premeditation but the situation are hardly the same other then my point being the level of audacity displayed by the bottom feeders in society. The fuk you entitlement attitude that’s growing and festering as a norm now. Ppl think its Ok to do what they want, when they want, and where they want….

I’m thoroughly convinced society as a whole has become walking bags of self serving, self-indulging and self-righteous filth that has long forgotten the meaning of respect at any level or in any situation.

If someone lives in a place that strips them of their rights to act in self defense of yourself and other around you, dont piss cry at the ppl who have that right. You have no one to blame but you for dwelling in a situation where you and yours are legally compromised with criminals having all the rights..

Bergmann

HiDesertRat
                                      Participant

I’m stupid? Perhaps. Get training? Yes, been to MVT and doing some more in a week or so. That aside, as I said, would secure the area (that includes her btw, ie not sleeping on a glock, knife etc). I never advocated holding her hand nor creating a coddling dialogue, she obviously is not capable of forming a coherent thought, nor am I interested in doing so. Grab her by the hair and drag her out? Hell, my wife might, considering those filthy feet on the couch. Why bother, let the authorities do it unless there is some immediate, compelling reason to do so. Assaulting her without provocation seems pointless even though she is clearly not wanted. My biggest concern is how did she get in? What part of my home defensive scenario is wide open to a person barely functioning on a brain cell? Maybe this explanation will help others to understand my thoughts. Aggression and initiative have their place, so does using force appropriately and in the context of the situation.

Max
                                        Keymaster

Well, I guess I am at odds with most of you. Granted, she could be anyone and does not SEEM a threat as a small confused woman.

However, I give you these thoughts:

SECURITY

ASSESS THE SITUATION

RESPOND REASONABLY, WITH COMPASSION IF POSSIBLE

It is clear that in this case the woman is confused. I do not know why, drugs, mental illness, head injury, rape, rohipnol, drink, whatever. She may also be a threat, even though she does not look like one. She may go batshit crazy with a knife (21 foot rule). But I refer you back to above. Secure and cover her, secure the house, move family to a safe location. How did she get in, is she alone…etc?

But I cannot agree with grabbing hold of her. Assess the situation. If she is clearly a burglar in mid theft, it is one thing. She was asleep on the couch, dazed and confused.

Rather than going back and forth with her, try and determine some basic information, like where she was and how she came to be there. Is she a battered wife, rape victim? She seems to be quit well dressed – did she come from work or a party? Mugged on the way home? No point arguing about how she ‘copted’ the house.

No, I’m not going to let her sleep on the couch, but once I have assessed the situation I will determine my course of action. Do I call the cops? Do I call her husband or family? I would prefer to not have someone get an arrest record if I can honestly avoid it. Any of you got drunk and slept in stupid places? I have, and slept it off inside a cell (not here, in the UK).

We say we are rationalists here, so act like it. Assess the situation in a a calm manner. Don’t be complacent, but don’t be a dick either.

Look, I don’t rule here, so feel free to tell me I am wrong. Discuss it constructively.

Corvette
                                          Participant

This thread got out of context quick.. It wasn’t meant to be serious when I posted it, but got quite edgy. Ill offer my personal and sincere apology to anyone I offended. Not that I really care on a personal level but Forum First, I always say…

I googled “Max Velocity-Drunk Tank-UK” and these are the first three pics in Google Images results..

The first one was dated in the early 90s… But its none of my business.. ;-)

Bergmann

hellokitty
                                            Participant

Thanks Max
                                              Your solution is exactly what I wrote I would do even if my first inclination is to drag her out of house. Putting hands her is not a good idea, not because I am sensitive to her plight, but because she could have a weapon. Not sure how what I wrote got construed otherwise.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                                              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                                              FOF X3
                                              OPFOR X2
                                              CLC X2
                                              RIFLEMAN

HiDesertRat
                                              Participant

Ivarr, you said 3 pix, was the last one that’s missing really that bad?

I stand by my words above. If I am a jerk for it, so be it. From the looks of this woman, the only damage would be her drool on the couch.
                                                I could not assault someone just on that, maybe send her a dry cleaning bill which in all likelihood will go unpaid. Its like a fender bender in the grocery store parking lot, you don’t know who did it and if you did, you won’t get satisfaction anyway. Shit happens, move on.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.