WW2 US weapons live fire

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Small Unit Tactics (HEAT 1) WW2 US weapons live fire

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      gatlinggun
      Participant

Interesting vid. Small unit tactics WW2 style.

WW2 US weapons live fire

Lloyd
        Participant

That’s pretty cool.

MVT Texas 2015-2020
          Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

tango
          Participant

That was really cool!

wheelsee
            Participant

I recognize those commands…….timely too as I was on the R side of Max’s “screaming” video……His comment on the MG42 really drove his point home…….

RobRoy
              Participant

I won’t comment on the technical aspect of their exercise but I will say it is something to see when the Marines go back in time to fight the Germans in WWII. The Army just don’t get no respect. As for the greatest instrument of war ever built it sure do jam a bit.

wheelsee
                Participant
                  RobRoy
                  Participant

I’m sure Marines at some time in some war used fire and maneuver, but it was not their go to tactic, they literally were stuck in 1864 with General Forest’s gittin there firstist. So I kind of find it a bit ironic that its a Marine squad fighting Germans using F&M tactics.

Not that they didn’t it’s just not mentioned in any of the dozens of Marine histories I have read, they more being in love with how many casualties they took to achieve victory. Even an aquaintance of mine an Army draftee in 67 who hated and still hates the Army with a red hot passion would mock me for being a Marine, mocking me saying “Hi fiddle diddle straight up the middle, get on line, charge” for Marine stupidity.

Hessian
                    Participant

Looks like a fun day at the range.

As for the greatest instrument of war ever built it sure do jam a bit.

Several of those reload techniques are suspect. I doubt these guys spend time rehearsing reloading a garand at night while watching TV.

gatlinggun
                      Participant

I found it interesting that they kept saying Marines but the guys in the vid who were in period correct uniforms were Army.

Also, I know reenactors who can load, unload, and clear malfunctions on the Garand with practiced ease….

RobRoy
                        Participant

I believe it was the Garand Collectors Assoc that put out a documentary and some old timer a Korean War vet I believe called the M-1 Garand America’s greatest invention. I really can’t oppose that sentiment, wonderful rifle. But it’s still obsolescent, and it’s mainly for gun culture cranks to spout off about that they are going to use it to fight off tyrants or something. Same cranks whose training is under cover at the range equipped with cup holders for their 64oz sugar drinks.

Lloyd
                          Participant

Gen. George S. Patton is the one who said. “In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.” Comparing it to the bolt action Mausers, M1903’s, etc that were the standard back in those days, I’d say he was right. Comparing to what we have to choose from 75 years later doesn’t make a lot of sense, though.

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                            Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.