Worth keeping?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Worth keeping?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ronin42
      Participant

I have an old surplus Roman psl in good shape that I’ve had since I was 14. Me and my dad got it right after the Clinton ar ban was lifted. I have like 6 mags, and original parts for it, and all match numbers up too.

I’ve been of the mind to sell it, couldn’t give myself a reason to. worth a pretty penny nowadays, and parts seem harder to come by. Though I’ve heard they are reimporting them.. kinda.

Other idea was to update it, or make it into a more practical rifle.
        Seems to be sturdy, and a tough weapon. Plus, I recall it shoots well.

I can’t seem to make up my mind on this one, and I’m hoping to get some suggestions.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If it is one of the more desirable ones the money from its sale could fund more important items or a better rifle.

Some of these were accurate enough for a designated marksman role, but again there are better rifles.

If accurate and you are attached to it, keep it. ;-)

If it has higher value you could also hang on to it and n hopes of it gaining even more value.

My thoughts for what it’s worth.

Ronin42
          Participant

That’s kinda where I am.
            It’s about 2ish Moa when I had good ammo for it, I’ll put some thought into it. May see what I could get for it if I decide to get rid of it.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The other point is do you need the money?

I’ve shot them they are a fun weapon.

Civilianresponder
              Participant

That’s a good store of value for the future. That should only go up in value. I’d keep it.

Lloyd
                Participant

Speaking from experience, if there’s ANY sentimental attachment (related to your dad), keep it. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.

Ronin42
                  Participant

That’s been the main hang up. From my dad, I mean.
                    I’d like to jump back into training hard after a year and a half of having to sideline, but I have other things I can part with.
                    Worth almost as much.

It is certainly a fun rifle to play with. One of my favorites for sure.

Threw around the idea of taking to a class to really playboy it :-)

Ronin42
                    Participant

Play with

DuaneH
                      Participant

I don’t know how much you like your dad, but my dad bought me an HR 20 gauge single shot shotgun when I was 13. When I was 16 I traded it. A few years later I became an adult and regretted it simply because it came from my dad and when he died when I was 27 I regretted it even more.

Speaking as a father, your father would understand you getting rid of it if it were life, needed to feed your family or defend your liberty. Other than that…?

Robert Henry
                        Participant

I don’t know how much you like your dad, but my dad bought me an HR 20 gauge single shot shotgun when I was 13. When I was 16 I traded it. A few years later I became an adult and regretted it simply because it came from my dad and when he died when I was 27 I regretted it even more.

Speaking as a father, your father would understand you getting rid of it if it were life, needed to feed your family or defend your liberty. Other than that…?

What Duane said.

I’ll choke my son out from beyond the grave if he sells a rifle I gave him… :yahoo:

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                          Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

GreenTip
                          Participant

I had this issue pop up when my grandfather died 15 years ago. He had a bunch of guns. I kept several I had an attachment to and would never part with them. The ones I didn’t want I sold to buy stuff I did. If you only have the one keep it. Those are cool rifles and they are getting expensive and hard to find. They also shoot well enough at range.

Ronin42
                            Participant

That’s a fair point.

I’m trying to be more objective when it comes to my firearms.
                              No ego in my gun and all.
                              Sometimes forget that an emotion with an object is not always bad.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.