Where there is no doctor

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Medical Care Where there is no doctor

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Jamison. This post has been viewed 36 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wheelsee
      Participant

So as to not hijack a thread, I’ve started a new one.

Diomedes mentioned the above book Where There is No Doctor in his post. The book can be found here. http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/

At the same site, are other good reference books.

diomedes
        Participant

“When there is no dentist” is another good one. It’s a start… I’m a doc and I own both.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

There is a place for all of the Hesperian Health Guides in a prepared persons library.

The Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook, 2d edition is an excellent resource both in electronic ($9.99) and Looseleaf with Binder.

The hardcopy is printed on tear-resistant, water-resistant, synthetic paper. A 5.25 inch by 8.5 inch quick-reference guide with a three hole punched ring binding for $59.00 from the U.S. Government Publishing Office .

Beware of the very early versions (pre 2000) as they truly outdated.

DiznNC
            Participant

Oriented x 5.

Jamison
              Participant

I also keep a copy around of Ditch Medicine, it’s a good reference. It’s actually the only one that I have in my med bag right now. I need to get another copy of SF Med handbook and Where there is no doc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.