When you’re tired of little CCW pistol options like my Beretta M9!

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Multi Media When you’re tired of little CCW pistol options like my Beretta M9!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Max’s recent AIWB holster thread got me thinking of different carry options.

So I figured some of you younger members maybe unfamiliar with this option!

When you’re tired of little CCW pistol options like my Beretta M9!

Weak side had the option of either two of three spare magazines.

:good:

Healthhokie
        Participant

Just remember you own every round you fire!!

Civilianresponder
          Participant

:good: I’m more of an HK guy though

null

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Just remember you own every round you fire!!

At CQB ranges you’ll hit your target just fine. ;-)

Deploy the folding stock and you’ll do even better.

I’m more of an HK guy though

I much prefer the simple reliability of the UZI to the overly complicated German engineering.

Besides I can buy two or three UZIs for the price of one MP5. :yes:

Civilianresponder
                Participant

I’ve gotta confess I really like them all. I certainly wouldn’t turn up my nose at an uzi. Close range crowd clearing implements are awesome!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

MP5 are decent, but just not worth the premium NFA ones bring IMHO.

Civilianresponder
                      Participant

I agree. The zenith clones sound like they are pretty reasonable and seem to be well thought of.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I would go with CZ Scorpion or a Beretta CX4 that takes the same magazines as my M9. There are some interesting choices for Glock people.

For full auto choices the UZI ($10,000-12,000) is a good bang for the buck and plenty of surplus magazines and cheap replacement parts. Of course if you can afford the current prices you are probably not worried about that! ;-)

A new MP5 is around $2500; of course we can’t buy that, a pre 86 transferable is something like $35,000 and up! :wacko:

Stupid NFA laws!

Robert Henry
                      Participant

Love the old skewl shoulder holster! Probably could have caught that in an old Miami Vice episode.

I like the Uzi also. Only gun I ever regret selling was an original IMI model B.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                        Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

JohnnyMac
                        Participant

Desantis makes an updated version of this, called the DSD.

They have their uses.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by JohnnyMac.
                          Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I like the Uzi also.

Well it is the AK of subguns! B-)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Desantis makes an updated version of this, called the DSD.

The new ones are in nylon; which is probably better, but I can’t help but be drawn to the classic leather.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

They have their uses.

A properly tailored sport/suit coat or any properly hung jacket and it’s easily concealed. Unless of course you’re smaller in stature.

With the UZI a twenty round mag inserted conceals well with your spares being standard capacity.

I can see uses in extraordinary times.

Healthhokie
                                Participant

Joe, I do have an Uzi B-)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Joe, I do have an Uzi

They’re a good weapon. The weight is a surprising to many, it eliminates the recoil and due to design balances well. Built like a tank compared to newer designs. A Vickers ONE Sling makes for a modern upgrade to original Israeli design which isn’t bad.

Extremely compact firepower and in the SMG version the 600 rpm is easily controlled with single or bursts easily accomplished with little practice in auto. Open bolts have a learning curve, but not too hard.

The semi version is decent in SBR format or a braced pistol version. With the long barrel civilian carbine it looks a bit goofy, but still effective.

There is a rental in Law Vegas that has something like 3 million rounds through it, of course that’s been serviced and many replacement parts, but still impressive in my opinion.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.