Video: Team Patrol Formations

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Small Unit Tactics (HEAT 1) Video: Team Patrol Formations

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

RobRoy
        Participant

I liked the visuals, watched it on your YT channel

Max
          Keymaster

I just had a horrible thought after doing the filming of the formations from above and noting that as the video was edited, the pieces would move between where I had them – I could make complete demo videos moving the army men and pointing with a stick. For example, showing a hasty attack, break contact etc.

I’m not talking about full-on ‘stop-frame’ photography (whatever it is called) but simply moving the pieces and editing the video together.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Hey if the flyboys can use briefing sticks with little aircraft, I don’t see anything wrong with your training aids.

In fact I prefer it to the whiteboard when in video format IMHO.

I’m not talking about full-on ‘stop-frame’ photography (whatever it is called) but simply moving the pieces and editing the video together.

That would work well. Plot it out then film, basic but effective

Spoon
              Participant

I tend to like this better. Nothing wrong with John Madden whiteboard style but if you aren’t used to descerning information in that manner things tend to get muttled and lost. I get the feeling you are trying to feel out how to go about the DVD project. Great video as well as your last. Much appreciated.

GreenTip
                Participant

:good:

Spoon
                  Participant

Just a thought. It might be advantageous to color associated pairs in really bright colors to better help visualize how pairs interact in a team/squad environment.

veritas556
                    Participant

This I think is a real breakthrough. The use of the soldiers is not only differentiating from what others may be doing but easier to understand – seeing that 3D birds eye view perspective. Use them for CQB demos too – some simple mini cardboard “walls”, showing angles, team movements, etc.

As a funny aside, I had built this play bunker for my kid when he played with Gi Joes – can’t even give the thing away now as every kid is glued to a screen. Shame I have to cut it up and trash it.

Hessian
                      Participant

Its a good upgrade to your white board videos with visual clarity (upgraded camera) and adding the figures.

Robert
                        Participant

That’s was pretty damn good.

Your camera work is great and watching it full screen on a larger monitor it looked super professional.

dave37
                          Participant

I will die of happiness if you use 80s vintage GI Joe action figures on the next one.

HEAT 1 2017
                            Intro to CQB 2017
                            Texas HEAT 2 2018
                            Operation TeaSinker 2019
                            Combat Leader Course 2019
                            Team Coyote
                            Team Rekkr
                            Team Cowbell

hellokitty
                            Participant

😂

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                              FOF X3
                              OPFOR X2
                              CLC X2
                              RIFLEMAN

wheelsee
                              Participant

Good visuals….

BradyBunch
                                Participant

King and Country has great American, British (and Taliban Tangoes) soldiers to use for formations. Just dont go crazy like I did after watching Zulu!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.