Video: React to Close Contact: Offensive Maneuver

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Small Unit Tactics (HEAT 1) Video: React to Close Contact: Offensive Maneuver

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

From the Texas HEAT 2 Class.

5 man patrol. React to close contact. Cover Shooting. Skirmish / Fight Through. Move / Fire technique.

There are 8 manikins out there and the first time through the teams only saw two of them, despite fighting over the top and past them. Cover shooting, you would hope, would take care of them anyway, if it was thoroughly applied.

The Theme of the Texas Class this year is ‘Rhodesia.’

Max
        Keymaster

People might not be spotting this thread, but this is the only video I will post this year from Texas. This is the first time we have run this cover shooting exercise, and only because we have multi-year alumni. So it’s pretty ground-breaking, but seems to have garnered little attention here on the forum. So, priorities?

wesmc
          Participant

What is the term used when all team members have closed with the enemy position and then all move through shooting as they go? Pepper-popping?

Combat-2-Gun
            CTT
            CQB
            19D20 Cavalry Scout 3d ACR Desert Shield/Storm
            Mountain Biker

JohnnyMac
            Participant

So it’s pretty ground-breaking, but seems to have garnered little attention here on the forum. So, priorities?

No, just got lost in the shuffle.

Locating the enemy is a lot harder in practice than many people think! As an aside, getting shot at and not knowing where the shots are coming from really sucks (but is a two way street I suppose).

Cover shooting is interesting, Max, did they get higher kill% with the cover shooting method?

Incipient
              Participant

Cool video. Texas was a HEAT 1/2 combined if I recall correctly? Did this fall into the HEAT 1 or HEAT 2 instruction, or somewhere in between based on skill level of attendees (I know you said it was multi-year alumni – I’m wondering going forward if this will become part of the syllabus..)?

Edit: I see that it is a HEAT 2 now.. disregard.

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I just bumped Max’s Thread What is the Drake Method? Rhodesian Cover Shooting (The Drake Method) for both newer members and the rest of us that haven’t seen it in awhile.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.