Video: HEAT Night Operations Class Nov 2019

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Night Operations Video: HEAT Night Operations Class Nov 2019

• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 375 times
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

This video was taken on the second night of the HEAT Night Operations Class in November 2019, using a ‘student cam’ equipped with an ANVRS camera.

More information on this class can be found here: https://maxvelocitytactical.com/tactical-classes/h-e-a-t-night-operations/

Class prerequisites are:

HEAT 1 Combat Tactics
        HEAT 2 Combat Patrol

—————

This series of instructional videos illustrate tactical concepts described in the Tactical Manual: Small Unit Tactics (link below) available on Amazon or via any reputable book retailer.

MVT Tactical Manual: https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Manual-Small-Unit-Tactics/dp/1536876003

MVT Home: https://maxvelocitytactical.com/

Max Velocity Tactical (MVT) has established a reputation on the leading edge of tactical live fire and force on force training. At MVT we are dedicated to developing and training tactical excellence at the individual and team level.

Max Velocity Tactical operates the Velocity Training Center (VTC) tactical and leadership training facility near to Romney, West Virginia, where we provide training for US Special Operations Forces and Responsible Citizens.

Max Velocity Tactical classes utilize professional quality combat marksmanship, tactical and leadership training, in order to develop situational awareness, teamwork, leadership, decision making and communication.

JohnnyMac
        Participant

:yahoo:

hellokitty
          Participant

Excellent video. I knew exactly where this was done. Good job students on ambush and raid.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
            HEAT 2 (CP) X1
            FOF X3
            OPFOR X2
            CLC X2
            RIFLEMAN

Max
            Keymaster

Yes, Scott (student, not 1SG) was secretly filming with an ANVRS system. Sneaky fucker. So I had no idea till after that I had this footage, which he sent to me.

Yes, this is a great video. I wish we had some of the first night. I will aim to get one of these for the next class, and either film myself of make a student wear it. The jungle walk was a big hit and it would have been great to get that.

I wonder what the reception will be in wider idiotsville. Either acknowledge that it is s great video and encourage people to get to it via HEAT 1 and HEAT 2. Or pick it apart on technical gear issues such as who has what cool guy kit….etc.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Max.
              Max
              Keymaster

The key here is investment in your training progression to get to the level where you can do this class. Prerequisites are HEAT 1 Combat Tactics and HEAT 2 Combat Patrol. Night fighting is not nearly as easy as people assume. You also need to invest in the equipment.

The progression to Night Operations also runs in parallel to the other non-prerequisite classes such as CQBC, Squad Tactics etc.

You can guarantee that people will be planning to fight at night. You can only hope that they have not trained for it, and that you have. You see NOD ger junkie posts all over places like Instagram. People definitely have this equipment. Knowing how to use it is the essential issue.

JohnnyMac
                Participant

I wonder what the reception will be in wider idiotsville.

I think it’ll be quite positive, as visibility is limited, there’s not as much opportunity from armchair commandos to pipe up.

I think there’s just enough to be like “that looks cool”

Mike Q
                  Participant

It was nice to see the video. Let the nit picking begin!

I don’t know how many people will get the reason why the student filming was turning his head left and right like a madman on the last Assault portion of the Raid. From the video’s perspective its very jarring and dizzying, but a necessary step. Can anyone tell me why?

dave37
                      Participant

No peripheral vision.

HEAT 1 2017
                        Intro to CQB 2017
                        Texas HEAT 2 2018
                        Operation TeaSinker 2019
                        Combat Leader Course 2019
                        Team Coyote
                        Team Rekkr
                        Team Cowbell

Mike Q
                          Participant

no peripheral vision is right. But why do you need to see on either side of you?

dave37
                            Participant

To make sure you’re still on line with rest of the squad

HEAT 1 2017
                              Intro to CQB 2017
                              Texas HEAT 2 2018
                              Operation TeaSinker 2019
                              Combat Leader Course 2019
                              Team Coyote
                              Team Rekkr
                              Team Cowbell

Mike Q
                              Participant

got it! But I expect the right answer from you. I suspect the internet trolls will be bitching up a storm.

Mike Q
                            Participant

I can’t wait to show the video to my 5 year old! He loves this stuff.

In class today he blurts out “my daddy is going to show me how to pew pew in a building.”

needless to say – a discussion was had with the teacher… And with my son as well. The child needs to learn to keep his trap shut!

Robert Henry
                              Participant

Finally SOMEONE came with some decent video!!

I say this cause my Iphone adapter video crapped the bed last weekend…

Great job Scott!

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                                Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

wheelsee
                                Participant

EXCELLENT!! :good: :good:

Max
                                  Keymaster

Just been pointed out to me that the 2 x Night Ops classes for 2020 are not linked from the class page. I will have that fixed. You can however sign up for the classes via the event, found via the training calendar on the website dropdown menu.

First Sergeant

:good:

FILO
                                      Signal Out, Can You Identify
                                      Je ne regrette rien
                                      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Jack Moses
                                      Participant

Here is another option for filming night vision. I am saving up now. Camera

Anonymous
                                        Inactive

Great video, definitely is something that will distinguish MVT from other tactical schools in terms of the “cool” factor. :good:

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.