Video: CQB: Methods of Entry: Step Center

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership CQB and Urban Operations Video: CQB: Methods of Entry: Step Center

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

This is a segment from the Max Velocity Tactical CQBC (Close Quarter Battle Course). The three day class covers Tactical Clearance methods. This specific period of instruction concerns the number one man entering an open doorway via the Step Center method of entry.

The CQBC class is a three day event, day 1 on the flat range conducting individual skills and entry drills, using live fire and frangible ammunition. The latter two days are force on target and force on force at the CQB complex.

This series of instructional videos illustrate tactical concepts described in the Tactical Manual: Small Unit Tactics (link below) available on Amazon or via any reputable book retailer.

MVT Tactical Manual

Max Velocity Tactical (MVT) has established a reputation on the leading edge of tactical live fire and force on force training. At MVT we are dedicated to developing and training tactical excellence at the individual and team level.

Max Velocity Tactical operates the Velocity Training Center (VTC) tactical and leadership training facility near to Romney, West Virginia, where we provide training for US Special Operations Forces and Responsible Citizens.

Max Velocity Tactical classes utilize professional quality combat marksmanship, tactical and leadership training, in order to develop situational awareness, teamwork, leadership, decision making and communication.

farmer
        Participant

@ Max, Awesome response of yours in the comment section. Absolutely loved it. I gave it & the video a thumbs up

RobRoy
          Participant

If you don’t mind me kissing ass, IMO these two vids are your best produced ones yet. You even crossed some threshold where ads run before your video.

Max
              Keymaster

Vids have been monetized for some time. I’m not sure why this video is better, I appreciate you saying it. How to learn from that? I literally set up the camera and then gave the lesson at class. Is it the setting on the range? I was out of shot a lot! So there was no real production to it. Curious as to what makes this appear better? Is it the engagement with students out of shot? Rather than me talking to a camera on my own?

farmer
              Participant

One thing I noticed is your voice volume got a little lost when you went behind the barrier. Maybe a Lapel microphone / wireless mic setup ? Not sure what would happen when you shoot though.

Max
                  Keymaster

Ordered. Will not use for shooting though.

RobRoy
                  Participant

That is the first time ads came up on my play of your vids, just thought I would mention it. A couple of things the info was made clear as glass and secondly your screen presence jumped out at me. If that SAS guy who choreographed the shootout in “Heat” needs an extra such as 6th guy on team you should apply. I know a couple of people who do extras work and it was worth their time, helps they lived in the Chicago area where plenty of shoots are going on at anyone time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.