Turks Maintaining Security

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Combat Media Turks Maintaining Security

• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 68 times
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      tango
      Participant

These Turks get the best of a couple Kurds (PKK) in this fight by gaining fire superiority and forcing surrender. As a result, the Turks take a couple prisoners. It’s only a 2 minute video but it shows something important, something Max emphasized to the last FoF class via hard lesson: maintain security.

The Turks receive the Kurds who surrender but notice how they do it. The Turks have 1-2 guys doing the searching and arresting while the others either have rifles on the Kurds or rifles up scanning and assessing surroundings. They are spread out with separate sectors of fire. You don’t see it until the end but it appears they even posted guys to their rear. The situation is under real control.

The Turks are not standing together in a group, talking, rifles at their sides. They are also not jumping around celebrating. Their groups or teams are not broken up. Everybody is not looking at one thing. Eyes are constantly on the enemy as well as their surroundings.

The Turks are dividing up tasks and doing multiple things at once. This looks like some real discipline, experience, and teamwork.

https://youtu.be/_od5-n3xNx4

zeerf
        Participant

Agreed nice teamwork from what I can see tango.

Sam Brady
          Participant

Excellent video. Captures the Op’s point of view. After 34 years in law enforcement, I offer this piece of advice. Every prisoner should be searched twice, by two different people and then searched a third time prior to placing the POW in some type of holding cell, etc.
            Taking control of prisoners when the adrenaline is flowing can sometimes result in missing vital intel or weapons.

wheelsee
            Participant

I’ll second Sam. While the following video involves the prisoner shooting himself, it could just as easily gone the other way. Our SOP was the original arresting officer patting the subject down, then before being put in transport, another officer would search. And again in processing. Your situation may dictate this being compressed, i.e. each time the subject is passed off, being searched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgy9K7yHa5Y&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgy9K7yHa5Y&has_verified=1

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Taking control of prisoners when the adrenaline is flowing can sometimes result in missing vital intel or weapons.

Excellent advice! :good:

Get over any homophobia you have in the sense you will be checking their crotch!

Hell of a reason for someone to get killed, just because you didn’t throughly search someone.

JohnnyMac
                Participant

Interesting use of the ballistic shield- I like the idea, but from what I understand, shields are IIIa rated.

You could definitely tell these guys were pretty well trained.

Nice find Tango

SeanT
                  Keymaster

I think that first part is what Max calls ‘winning the firefight’!

Max
                    Keymaster

Lol. It amuses me that people are so surprised by professional soldiers acting like……professional soldiers….

Yes, tjey are ‘winning the firefight’ although intrigued by the kurds coming from down the alleyway round the corner….assume another stop group that way also.

These are a different breed of Turks from my PKK raid videos…..

SeanT
                      Keymaster

The internet doesn’t do sarcasm well…
                        Not so much amused, at least for me anyway, but impressed at the skill of Professional Soldiers. Remember that us Civvies are very much insulated from the real pros doing real work. We get to see the blooper reel way more than the true successful, professional actions because those dudes don’t seem to brag much, let alone put it on the toobs.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

These are a different breed of Turks from my PKK raid videos…

Basic information…

The staff has the OKK (Ozel Kuvvetler Komutanligi) publicly known as “Red Berets” (Bordo Bereliler), derived from selected noncommissioned officers and officials of the army.

Permanent staff only has the right to have his choice of the placement, in this special unit. They are all volunteers.

OKK in Turkish means “Administration of Special Forces” unit and is falling directly on the Turkish General Staff.

Choice Volunteers are selected after successful written examination in military subjects and assessment of physical fitness.

The successful candidates are nominated members of special forces.

Knowing at least one foreign language is supportive criterion for selection. After the initial selection of the candidates have to pass a demanding training lasts 2.5 years with an impressively high attrition rate.

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Alluding to what Max and Joe said, I’d assume this is a more high-speed police or army unit, whereas the poor guys getting lit up in random shithole outposts in the mountains are probably minimally-trained conscripts just placed there to pull security. (Turkey still has compulsory service.)

I’d imagine the PKK guys have more experience fighting in the mountains than urban environments as well, putting them at a disadvantage in the city. Based on what I see online seems like PKK activity in the cities is more along the lines of riots of locals led by low-level cadres and offshoot groups like the Kurdistan Freedom Hawks, though I might be wrong.

Really it seems to follow the general pattern of guerrillas doing best in the countryside and the government forces doing best in the urban areas. A number of Kurdish cities in Turkey’s southeast have basically been leveled in this current conflict, though there’s a media blackout in Turkey that has prevented solid reporting on it.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.