Trips Wire Sound Alarms..

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Escape, Evasion & Wilderness Survival Trips Wire Sound Alarms..

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

I got two of these at the local hardware store. They are intended to be used with a key chain. You pull the cord and its screams like an Ork being slain..

They are great but susceptible to wet whether so i Improvised using an inner tube from a bike, sewing the ends and permatex to seal the end..

They need some work so i had at it..

Spray paint..

Then finally some camo tape..

Max
        Keymaster
          Max
          Keymaster

That’s good stuff. Used them in hotels but not in the field. Tanks.

Corvette
            Participant

Their pretty water resistant out of the box too..

CW
              Participant

Great Idea! You could also use silicon to seal the seams as another failsafe against wet weather.

Yankee Terrier
                Participant

I like the flecktarn tape over the innertube.

Corvette
                  Participant

Cool. I’ve also seen trip wire activated 12g flare launchers. Which must be pointed in a safe direction and used with proper ” ammo” at all times. Of course.

Max
                    Keymaster

Chem lite trip wire perimeter devices can be purchased on amazon , as well as “noisemaker” models….

Max
                      Keymaster

I’ve seen a laser tripwire hack online somewhere, intruder steps across and breaks the laser beam pointing at the photocell, trips a buzzer, light, incendiary…Whatever floats your boat. I’ll try to dig up the link. B-)

Max
                        Keymaster

these are good for training :good:

Max
                          Keymaster

Not posting this as a hyperlink I hope, but what are everyone’s thoughts on this as a perimeter early warning system. I’m a novice on setting up LP/OPs but if this was posted 100m down expected avenues of approach, it has potential to ruin someones acclimation to the dark, not to mention wake up everyone in the patrol base. This can be made simpler and cheaper in various forms, anyone with a fair knowledge of electronics should be able to fashion one that can compensate for animals and only recognize human forms.

RedWire

http://www. thehomesecuritysuperstore .com/alarm-systems-strobe-motion-detector-w-remote-gps-p=38?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_content=MA795DC&utm_campaign=pla

Max
                            Keymaster

I got these a while back. Haven’t done too much testing with them, however, they do work. They take a 22 caliber ramset blank cartrige, and make a pretty decent bang. Instructions say a live .22 round will jam, but it looks like in a pinch, one could drill out a hole in the bottom, and it would work just dandy. Not going to try that, as ramset .22 is a lot more plentiful than 40grain at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SENTRY-ALARM-MINES-22-Cal-trip-wire-alarms-MULTICAM-PACK-PREPPER-Mini-Sentry-/161279317820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258cff173c

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.