Tourniquet Question

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 8 months ago by Max. This post has been viewed 81 times
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Okay Guys question is there any reason not to purchase the C.A.T. Tourniquets from Amazon for 30 bucks? I can get them through work for 70 odd bucks.

Try ebay first!

Max
        Keymaster

thanks didnt think about ebay

DuaneH
          Participant

Looks legit to me. Ebay? Sometimes not legit. B careful.

Roadkill
            Participant

Watch out for knockoffs. If it’s too good to be true….

Max
              Keymaster

Watch out for knockoffs. If it’s too good to be true….

This Is my concern, Ebay has several between 10 and 20 bucks and I just dont know enough to be sure if they are legit.
                While I am looking to save some money to purchase other necessary gear I dont want to purchase inferior especially when it is something that may save my life.

DiznNC
                Participant

I’ve bought a few on ebay. Both CAT and SOF-T. Both were legit. Never had any problems.

Recommend the new SOF-T, with separating clip though. Used at the RC II and it’s the shit.

DuaneH
                  Participant

A link on some counterfeit tqs on ebay.
                    http://www.nysvara.org/news/2013/july/130717.pdf

Corvette
                    Participant

Duane
                      Have you seen these? http://www.revmedx.com/#!rmx-tourniquet/cj9i Mosby showed them to us at a recent class. I’m going to get one and do some testing on ease and speed of application of this vs the CAT. To the OP, without question you should not get them through work. $70 is ridiculous. I tried and was unable to find them for anywhere near that online. If you’re concerned about fake CAT’s on ebay get them from a place like this: http://www.narescue.com/portal.aspx?CN=33B7051138B3 Bit more than the ebay ones but you’re assured of getting the real deal.

DiznNC
                      Participant

Looks like its fairly easy to spot airsoft copies, from the packaging, to the materials. I go off the photos, of USGI stuff, and if it ever showed up something different, I’d just send it back. If you can’t tell, sure, go to Narescue.com, good folks.

The reason I like the new separating clip is after using them in class, the new clip is MUCH easier to get around a leg, quickly.

RRS
                        Participant

You want to go to Ft Bragg Surplus they have an Army AFAK complete with CAT for $50, and they have great customer service and they will not be selling you Chinese knockoffs.

Max
                          Keymaster

You want to go to Ft Bragg Surplus they have an Army AFAK complete with CAT for $50, and they have great customer service and they will not be selling you Chinese knockoffs.

That is better then I could hope for thanks. Will be ordering one.

RRS
                            Participant

Let us know if it works out for you

Max
                              Keymaster

What is your life worth? Is it worth saving a few bucks for the risk of a counterfeit/airsoft copy product?

If you need it you need the original.

Even then regular inspection of ALL med gear is highly important to make sure that it will work when you need it most. After more than 20 years as a medic I still inspect all of my med gear every shift. If I’m heading out to shoot with friends, I inspect all of my gear as well.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.