Thoughts on Modding an Eagle canteen pouch

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapon support and miscellaneous gear Thoughts on Modding an Eagle canteen pouch

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      theothersteve
      Participant

I was very disappointed to find out that the eagle canteen pouches (with the elastic) have a very difficult time accepting a canteen cup. It seems that while the entire pouch is a tight fit the main hang up is in the elastic.

I was hoping to see if anyone here had removed the elastic on their pouch, and if so were you able to more readily insert and retrieve the canteen cup.

Brian from Georgia
        Participant

I’ve just learned to live with it. Since the pouches also serve as a general purpose pouch, I’d leave the elastic in. They will hold a stripped down MRE but you’ll need to cinch the elastic down to retain some of the smaller items.

theothersteve
          Participant

What work around did you come up with; Do you store your canteen cup elsewhere on your kit, or do you wrestle it in and out of the canteen pouch?

Brian from Georgia
            Participant

I just wrestle with it. It’s a skill to be learned.

DuaneH
              Participant

Anvil ball peen hammer= Flattened lip on canteen cup.
                Then it will fit.

I have them on my coyote FLC vest, so Yes it can be done. Still a little tight, but much easier.

Sometimes all you need is a bigger hammer.

zeerf
                Participant

Sometimes all you need is a bigger hammer.

:good:

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.