Thoughts/Adivce on selling a Caribou shoulder mount?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Thoughts/Adivce on selling a Caribou shoulder mount?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I do some non-profit work that receives a variety of donations in many forms.

I thought I might try leveraging our forum knowledge base on how to sell a Caribou shoulder mount.

Anyone know what measurements mean something to potential buyers?

We also have this whitetail deer shoulder mount plaque with foot rifle rack.

Any ideas appreciated. :yes:

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Anonymous
        Inactive

I am not sure how to score a caribou but you can do a quick search and find out. I do know that in some states it is illegal to transport game across state lines with out a tag.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Yea it’s got it’s caribou tag from Alaska.

Andrew
            Participant

Mostly scoring on ungulates is done with the Boone and Crockett scoring system which can be found easily enough via google or something similar. I’m guessing Caribou will be measured similar to deer.

On a deer, you would count the points, (points count as points, if you can hang a ring on them) measure beam length, tine height, and I think I remember antler base, circumference at the base of the antlers, and maybe (this is what I forget) a circumference at mid beam.

No offense, but that deer is not going to score very well. Not much width on the spread, I doubt if it’s 14″. Usually from ear tip to ear tip is about 16″…depending. If that one measures over 125″ I will be surprised.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Andrew.
              Joe (G.W.N.S.)

No offense, but that deer is not going to score very well.

Not my mounts, just donations I am trying generate money for a non-profit I work with.

The deer is nice by Florida standards, but nothing special. Hoping the rifle rack aspect has some use for someone generous! :-)

I am sure some me local hunter or their spouse will think it’s a great Christmas gift. :good:

The caribou isn’t the record breaking, but is above average. I’ll see what the numbers work out to.

I need to check out the some of the hunting retailers, supposedly they buy things like the Caribou for display purposes. Don’t see too many caribou mounts in Florida.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.