'The Paras: Men of War': ITV (UK) 3 Part TV Series

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Multi Media 'The Paras: Men of War': ITV (UK) 3 Part TV Series

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I have so far been unable to watch this show, which is running as a 3 part series on British (ITV) TV right now. ITV have however been posting clips on YouTube, so I will include some of them here. I hope the full thing will be posted – but beware, there are several posted that appear to be the full show, but are ads.

20 years ago I was a recruit Platoon Commander running this training.

RobRoy
        Participant

Also netflix has a series about SAS which is interesting. A lot of it said what you say about patrolling by the way they describe it.

Another thing I found interesting was the scrappiness of the older gents from back in the day most seemed to be juvenile delinquents that would end up in jail here in the States, since here the establishment beats the scrapiness out of the white kids. And one of the guys was a bit bitter because he was initially rejected because of malnutrition, and he made mention sarcastically that he supposedly grew up in the first world of 1970s Britain.

And the one Para recruit the South African, wise choice to take the Paras over the South African military, while I spent a week in RSA it seemed instinctual for all the Afrikaners I met to ritually denounce the army as a bunch of clowns versus the old Army.

Max
          Keymaster

Episode 1 was posted:

https://youtu.be/3laWpT1d20I

Max
            Keymaster
              Brushpopper
              Participant

Good short videos, I’ll be watching the full episodes as time allows. Honestly, the mental and physical toughness that you need to make it through is fascinating to me……

RobRoy
                Participant

The one minutes look fun, but I’ll pass on that jumping out of the plane BS if I could help it.

joe m
                  Participant

Max, this reminds me of a book I read years ago, about a Para training platoon. It too was based on a British tv series about recruits during the Falklands war. It mentioned the instructors were somewhat upset to be teaching combat while their friends in the South Atlantic were actually doing it. Imagine actually saying we train men to kill men. Snowflakes here would protest to have such attitudes banned. Good series, glad someone in still doing it right.

RobRoy
                    Participant

Max do you know of a Royal Marines show worth watching?

Max
                      Keymaster
                        Max
                        Keymaster

Max do you know of a Royal Marines show worth watching?

No.

Max
                          Keymaster
                            RobRoy
                            Participant

Spotted an LMT made 7.62 marksman rifle towards the end of Pt3 so at least they will have one rifle that will work.

I finished watching the series, very professional men, too bad for virtue signaling that they mentioned at the end of the series about trying to shoe horn women into a man’s role?

As I told my wife I am one fortunate man, in my time in the peacetime Marine Corps I talked with a female Marine exactly one sentence worth in 4 years, and they happened to be two giggly second Lt butter bars that came out to inspect some paperwork at the armory. Because nothing says warrior cult like two giggly twentysomething girls, so too bad for the Paras.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.