The Most Shocking Second a Day

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge The Most Shocking Second a Day

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

It is not a joke. It will not be like the internet fantasies I see some people discuss. It is not something to be longed for. It is hell – and your children will live it too. Ponder.

Corvette
        Participant

Who is “your fantasy”? I think that vid was putting it mildly. You’re correct though, many people dont get it.

We were out this past weekend scouting a valley and we stopped for lunch that over looked the entire valley from east to west. As conversation went on I asked the guys how bad it would suck to see a swarm of Hind gun-ships fill the sky above the valley and head toward Anchorage. One guys says to me ” I bet that would be your dream come true”. I just looked at him and said “really”? He really believed I longed for such a situation so I promptly addressed that assumption. WTf makes you think that? He just though it..Somehow he got the idea I do this for fun, shits and giggles. I dont get how anyone would think war would be fun. Its best to avoid ppl with such delusions.

I was asked what would I do. I told them If the Russians were trying to take Alaska, this valley would be home for quite some time. They replied they would both try to get back to the city to find their families. I assured them they wouldn’t make it anywhere but into a camp or body bag. They asked If i would try to get back to my town to my wife. I told them no.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx48/bootnknife/Newfoundland Valley 2 Scout/fe737e61-af17-4b08-a62a-5bea417c7833_zps5e755bdb.jpg

Max
          Keymaster

Bergmann, you make a good point. My comment, “It will not be like your fantasy” was directed towards the larger internet survival/patriot audience I see that always seems to pine away for war. I am sure we have many lurkers here who dabble in those thoughts as well. However, it was misused on much of the membership audience here at MVF. As such, I changed it to reflect that.

Thanks for your other comments and additions.

Corvette
            Participant

This is a good vid that brings home how “it can happen here”

JohnyMac
              Participant

The video is just propaganda. With that said, you were to insert your family into the video it certainly brings up emotions.

I have never been in a war however I was brought up on fathers stories of the Blitz in WW II. His childhood house was burnt to the ground in Glasgow. several weeks later the house they were renting was destroyed by the Germans too. Pretty tough stuff for a 10 year old boy.

Although I feel this country needs a “reset.” I wish war on no man.

Eric
                Participant

It makes me sick to consider…

but I consider it often anyway because it is, in the current climate, a huge possibility. War is always going to be hell on earth, regardless of how righteous the cause.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.