The Creepy Line

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Multi Media The Creepy Line

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Just watched this, many here should be aware however there is something for everyone despite your previous knowledge.

Good background information.

JohnnyMac
        Participant

Especially in the past year or so, my wife and I have noticed quite a few incidents that have crossed the creepy line.

Edit:
          As the saying goes “history doesn’t repeat itself, but often rhymes”. I think of the majority Germans surrendering their liberties in the 1930’s and early 1940’s. With hindsight, we view it with horror, but at the time, most were blind to it. I hope we aren’t in a similar situation today with FB/Alphabet

Hessian
          Participant

Google and FB wield an incredible amount of power, its amazing to think that back in the 90s when a PC came with IE pre-installed that it was considered a monopoly.

I have a family member who does data mining for one of the 2 companies I mentioned above. The amount of data they have on you and sold to other companies is incredible. Now we can’t forget our overlords as well as foreign govs having this information as well.

De-platforming for ‘wrong think’ is coming or heck ‘pre-crime’ for not going along with group think of the mass media.

tahawus
            Participant

From the New York Times today:
              Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They’re Not Keeping It Secret

Article

winston
              Participant

Watched it (ironically, on Amazon :wacko:)
                Outside the search engine manipulation, just delete your accounts. Choose not to play.
                …and here’s an old, but good article on cleaning up our footprint.

How to Disappear Online and Delete Your Digital Footprint

Max
                Keymaster

I despise FB and IG. I was just considering deleting them entirely. My only reason not to is the business argument – i.e. “I need them for business marketing.” I am still not convinced that FB and IG actually do anything for marketing. It is an ongoing struggle for me. I was on the delete instructions page for IG just yesterday.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

My only reason not to is the business argument – i.e. “I need them for business marketing.”

Yea the only reason I’ve dabbled with them is to help support MVT, unsure how much help it truly is, but for many it seems to be a must for business.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.