Texas

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 51 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by LittleBigBill. This post has been viewed 303 times
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Any Texans around?

Andrew
        Participant

Yep. Formerly South Texas, now Southwest Texas. I’m a long way from anywhere.

Max
          Keymaster

not max

TexsonSFC reporting for duty sir. Born in the Permian Basin, raised around the Dallas area and now live not too damn close to Houston after retiring from the Army.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Max.
            Max
            Keymaster

not max

Yep, although currently relocated to the Redoubt.

Pericles
              Participant

DFW area

Corvette
                Participant

DFW area also. I’m hoping we can get folks connected.

Max
                  Keymaster

not max

Central Texas.

Max
                    Keymaster

not max

DFW here more FW than D

Lloyd
                      Participant

Way out west.

Pericles
                        Participant

For those interested: http://www.dallascitytroop.org

Corvette
                          Participant

Seen that before. That’s not just a bunch of tubbies wanting to play soldier…is it?

Corvette
                            Participant

West as in panhandle or El Paso area?

Lloyd
                              Participant

200 miles or so SE of El Paso.

Corvette
                                Participant

Big Bend area?

Lloyd
                                  Participant

Big Bend area?

More or less.

Corvette
                                    Participant

That’s arid land. Hope you got lots of water!

Max
                                      Keymaster

not max

Another in DFW.

Max
                                        Keymaster

not max

I was wondering the same thing about the Dallas troop

Tony
                                          Participant

Parker County area, If it don’t happen soon I feel I may be too old to contribute to the cause. Took the oath at federal, state and local levels over the years and will abide by it until the day that I’m worm food.

Corvette
                                            Participant

Everyone can contribute in some way. Trick is to figure out how!

Pericles
                                              Participant

Seen that before. That’s not just a bunch of tubbies wanting to play soldier…is it?

Well, you do need to be able to move around with a combat load, say 50 pounds, and not just from your car to the hot dog stand.

We also have a support element for those with limitations, to concentrate on base defense and logistics.

Max
                                                Keymaster

not max

I am from the Gulf Coast, currently living in Central TX. If all goes well, will be moving up north to D/FW area by the end of the year.

Andrew
                                                  Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Anonymous wrote:</div>

200 miles or so SE of El Paso.

About another 50 miles east and south of you. Se habla espanol aqui.

Max
                                                    Keymaster

not max

Northeast Texas Red River County.

Max
                                                      Keymaster

not max

Corpus Christi down here.

Max
                                                        Keymaster

not max

Hi Yall, I’m in Fort Bend County (SW Houston area)

Max
                                                          Keymaster

not max

TEXAS IS GOING TO BE ATTACKED BY ISIS!!!

If your not religious that’s okay just listen to the federal and militia stuff. Ranchers are in danger. God gave this pastor a dream about isis attacking TEXAS! PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS!!!!! You TEXAS need to defend the US! REMEMBER THE ALAMO!! Help your local sheriffs!! PLEASE WATCH!

START IT AT 4:20!!!

http://www.morningstartv.com/prophetic-perspective-current-events/urgent-warning-isis-coming-america-gate-hell-has-been-opened

Lloyd
                                                            Participant
                                                              T
                                                              Participant

Will be there.

Lloyd
                                                                Participant

Will be there.

See you there! :good:

good2go
                                                                  Participant

Central Texas. Attending 6-day combined CTT/CP 6/24/15. Anyone going that wants to carpool?

Max
                                                                    Keymaster

See y’all there (February).

Max
                                                                      Keymaster

Anyone Here in Texas Hill Country (Kerrville, Fredricksburg etc) looking to join up with another fireteam and do joint training?

Civilianresponder
                                                                        Participant

Just thought I would bump this thread and see if there is anyone around central Texas….. Austin/ Hill Country area specifically. I met a few at the Texas CTT/Mobility 2017 but not sure if they’re on the forum.

• #81700
                                                                          texas
                                                                          Participant

I am in Cedar Park.

• #81701
                                                                            Civilianresponder
                                                                            Participant

I’m in Liberty Hill. Right up the road.

• #81702
                                                                              wheelsee
                                                                              Participant

DFW……willing to drive….headed to N OK in Aug

• #81703
                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                Participant

If I can find a suitable location somewhere around here I will let you know. Anyone going to 2018 texas classes?

• #81704
                                                                                  wheelsee
                                                                                  Participant

Anyone going to 2018 texas classes?

Already put deposits down….

• #81705
                                                                                    Civilianresponder
                                                                                    Participant

Cool. Me too for the CP/DA and FoF

• #131650
                                                                                      MarkA
                                                                                      Participant

Thought id give this a try again. Participated in the feb 2019 Texas Class, Looking to do some further training. Anyone in the texas hill country (kerrville, Fredricksburg, SA, Bandera, Mtn Home).

• #132474
                                                                                        LittleBigBill
                                                                                        Participant

LittleBigBill (aka Pixelman) here in Austin. I’ll be available after Christmas to get together for some training. I am going to the 2020 Texas training, so I need to get out to a range soon.
                                                                                          We lost our local range that had tactical bays (Best of the West, Liberty Hill) and a private range I’ve gone to is also up in the air as far as availability. So right now, having a place to go through drills is non-existent for me. Do you have any suggestions?

PM me for contact info, Bill

• #132505
                                                                                          wheelsee
                                                                                          Participant

I’m in the DFW area and have access to an area for movement (though only backwards and forwards).

• #132507
                                                                                            MarkA
                                                                                            Participant

would be fantastic to get a group of the Tx Alumni and maybe new individuals together on a frequent basis to hone the skills we learn at Max Texas Trainings. Maybe once a month or every other month. If we could find a central location for all to travel to, that would take the cake.
                                                                                              @Wheelsee, How big is your location? Would live fire be possible?

• #132593
                                                                                              dave37
                                                                                              Participant

It’s not in Texas, but we have access to several training areas in Oklahoma, and we get together and train a few times a year. You guys are welcome if you’re up to making the trip.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                Combat Leader Course 2019
                                                                                                Team Coyote
                                                                                                Team Rekkr
                                                                                                Team Cowbell

• #132595
                                                                                                MarkA
                                                                                                Participant

id be willing to do that trip if we could get others to make it as well. It would have be a weekend training at min. to make it worth while.

• #132605
                                                                                                  T
                                                                                                  Participant

I live on 40 acres between San Antonio and Austin. Thick cedar with a training area roughly 200×600 yards. Three dry creekbeds give pretty good elevation change with a lot of scenario possibilities.

Pretty sure there are at least 8 alumni 1-4 hrs from me plus I have some locals I trust. Would be airsoft only and give me a reason to buy an airsoft rifle.

• #132607
                                                                                                    dave37
                                                                                                    Participant

If you put something like that together, I could likely make it down that far. Probably some other Okies as well.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                      Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                      Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                      Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                      Combat Leader Course 2019
                                                                                                      Team Coyote
                                                                                                      Team Rekkr
                                                                                                      Team Cowbell

• #132780
                                                                                                      MarkA
                                                                                                      Participant

@T I would be interested as well.

• #132798
                                                                                                        wheelsee
                                                                                                        Participant

Due to space requirements for live fire, I think Air Soft opens up a larger number of potential training sites. I’m in……

• #132801
                                                                                                          Civilianresponder
                                                                                                          Participant

I’m in

• #132812
                                                                                                            LittleBigBill
                                                                                                            Participant

I’d certainly be interested, but have to get equipped for it…
                                                                                                              Too late for Christmas list. Santa has already gotten my list.

Viewing 51 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.