Tactical Leggings

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by wesmc. This post has been viewed 148 times
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      wesmc
      Participant

Thoughts?

http://www.rogueamericanapparel.com/tactical-leggings-black-camo/

Combat-2-Gun
        CTT
        CQB
        19D20 Cavalry Scout 3d ACR Desert Shield/Storm
        Mountain Biker

Brian from Georgia
        Participant

I’d say she has spent some time in the squat rack.

Eddie
          Participant

Thoughts?

Dirty old man!! And NO, not talking about WesMC…..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lucky_luke
            Participant

thoughts in regards to what? They look good on her. are you asking for the wife/daughter for tactical use? I know a couple of women that use the 5.11 leggings for conceal carry. Or are you asking for something to wear under your bdu’s to prevent chafing? I’ve heard of rangers using pantyhose when rucking long distances, but have only ever used vaseline myself. I was thinking of trying the pantyhose option but figured the same thing could be accomplished with dress socks and underarmour boxers.

farmer
              Participant

I’ve heard of rangers using pantyhose when rucking long distances, but have only ever used vaseline myself.

wouldn’t the vaseline prevent sweat evaporation?

farmer

lucky_luke
                Participant

I normally only put it in my crotch/iner thighs and lower but (cue the gay jokes). Honestly though, i have never really noticed how warm it gets with preventing sweat evaporation. im normally stuck on the fact that it feels like i crapped all over myself… at leasst until the 3rd mile, and then i’m more concerned with the weight of my pack.

First Sergeant

If you are asking if they are good for your wife or daughter, I would suggest the 5.11 leggings. They finally realized that there was an untapped market when it came to women shooters. The 5.11 ones are specifically designed with belt loops to be able to wear a belt, holster and mag pouches. They are thicker than normal leggings and are re-enforced where necessary. One of the women that took the handgun class last year wore them and she liked them. I know of two other women shooters that have them and like them.

If you are asking for yourself, we would need proof of life pictures of you wearing them. In public. Pictures must be taken by a MVT alumni. Then we can make an informed decision. ;-)

As far as pantyhose goes, I knew guys that would wear them for foot marches to cut down on blisters and chaffing. I have used knee highs for blister prevention. Best way to prevent chaffing is to go commando with pants that fit like they are supposed to.

We also used knee highs during Gulf War 1. When we took or boots off we put a knee high hose in each boot and roll the top over the outside of the boot. When you went to put them back on just pull the hose out of the boot. Any bugs or scorpions that crawled inside came out in the hose. You could then use the boot to squish whatever was caught in the hose.

FILO
                    Signal Out, Can You Identify
                    Je ne regrette rien
                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I would suggest the 5.11 leggings.

I too know some women who love the 5.11 Tights (leggings), never heard of these RA ones before.

I’ve heard of rangers using pantyhose…

I’ll raise your pantyhose clad Rangers with a pantyhose clad SEAL use! ;-)

SEAL’s in Vietnam supposedly used them to prevent leeches from attaching themselves. I can’t confirm whether this works or not, but maybe worth trying if your AO has serious leech concerns.

In the above picture the SEAL is wearing black pantyhose (runs and all) under swim shorts (thankfully). Anyone who has had to remove and don a wet wetsuit understands how difficult it can be, the pantyhose makes this easy for waterborne operations/training.

You will not find as complete a supply of larger Earth tone pantyhose than the Exchanges in Little Creek and Coronado. :yes:

Thomas
                      Participant

I agree with 1SG, go commando and wear pants that fit.

The knee high stockings never worked for me when trying to prevent blisters. I did a couple of different things. One was to wipe the bottoms of my feet with alcohol daily. This dried the skin and toughened it. Second, I always had a blister kit to drain the blisters and inject them with betadine. Third, I never wore socks in garrison. In the bush, socks help to keep feet clean and protected so they are a must.

The woman pictured has good legs. So does the woman pictured in the 5.11 link. When it comes to women like those two, remember the old cadence.

We all know “a big leg woman ain’t got no soul”. B-)

jmj
                        Participant

For the more discerning man for range day:

http://www.rogueamericanapparel.com/black-camo-shorties/

This is why we all do PT right? Right? :rose:

SeanT
                          Keymaster

I have used silk knee highs under wool socks for skiing. Silk is pretty damn warm and it helped me with blisters from the ski boots. As for chafing, there is a product that is silicone based that is called Body Glide, it works and is not like vaseline and all goopy. One brand is Wet, platinum premium which you can usually find in the ‘intimate’ aisle of Walgreens or on Amazon.

Dimethicone

wesmc
                            Participant

Hahaha!!!

I wasn’t asking for thoughts on anything specific thing. This is an open-ended thought exercise. Actually, lots of good info generated, and about as entertaining as I figured.

jmj, those shorties RAWK!!! :yahoo:

Combat-2-Gun
                              CTT
                              CQB
                              Mountain Biker

gramma
                              Participant

Some of us are past the age when wearing tights without a long tunic is just cruel & unusual punishment for the public. However, if my PT program succeeds – I like the 5.11s. They appear to be a little heavier knit which would be a good thing outdoors, in the woods, etc.

It wasn’t that long ago, that I could get away with wearing leggings. There is hope at the end of the training tunnel.

wesmc
                                Participant

Gramma, keep working that PT. You’ll get there, so go ahead and order up a pair. :)

Combat-2-Gun
                                  CTT
                                  CQB
                                  Mountain Biker

JohnnyMac
                                  Participant

Spam?

BrigandActual
                                    Participant

Spam?

Yup. Blatent.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Spam?

<
                                        Yup. Blatent.

Fixed

wesmc
                                        Participant

@johnnymac, it just seemed funny two years ago. Sorry, all.

Combat-2-Gun
                                          CTT
                                          CQB
                                          Mountain Biker

JohnnyMac
                                          Participant

Sorry, all

My comment was at a robotic comment that has since been moderated, so not at you.

I hope all is well!

wesmc
                                            Participant

:good: Look forward to training again but not sure when. Kids are growing and getting expensive.

Combat-2-Gun
                                              CTT
                                              CQB
                                              Mountain Biker

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.