TacGun Patch Design?

View Latest Activity

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I am thinking of having some TacGun patches made for the gear store. Planning on using the design of the current MVT Patch. But open to options.

If we used the current 3 x 2 patch, there is limited space for writing. So how about we put ‘TACGUN’ at the top where Max Velocity is, and move the logo down, and have no writing below?

I was thinking of possibly putting MAXTAC below the logo, or some wording such as TACTICS. TEAM. LEAD. – but I think space is lacking.

Feedback?

Max
        Keymaster

So something like this:

wheelsee
          Participant

It will certainly raise questions from people (“what is TacGun”?) which is what we want, gives us the opportunity to introduce and explain……

Andrew
            Participant

TACGUN on the top and MVT centered, on the bottom, where TACTICAL is in the first picture.

Might inspire questions as to what each is.

Max
              Keymaster

This?

Scott G
                Participant

:good: :good:

wildbill
                  Participant

Or where MVT is Team, Tactics, Leadership

Andrew
                    Participant

This?

Yes, that’s what I had pictured.

wheelsee
                      Participant

This?

Yes, that’s what I had pictured.

:good:

TC
                        Participant

Is the shape of the patch set in stone? TACGUN or TACGUN MVT has a vertical layout suitable for a vertical shape. Example is a shield in the attached pics. Tried “TACTICS. TEAM. LEAD” or “Team Tactics Leadership” but was too busy for an iconic patch. Might be doable on a circular patch with text wrapping along the circumference. Just some ideas.

wesmc
                          Participant

I like the TACGUN MVT rectangular and the TACGUN B shield. The shield design would look good as a shoulder patch, while the rectangualr works well on the shoulder or a cap.

Max
                            Keymaster

The shield is nice. The rectangular shaoe is simply copied off the current MVT patch and at 2 x 3 is designed to best fit velcro on ball caps, where I thought it would most likely be worn, and be most evident. We already use a shield and rocker for CTT grads, for the arm, and it does not fit well on a cap.

I thought about more words but it is hard on a small patch, and why only those words, if you get my meaning?

A possible idea is a shield version that becomes a sign of achievment such as passing the TacGun Challenge, much like the rifleman patch it would replace?

Thoughts on shape and use? The idea of this patch is a purchaseable one for o
                              Publicity purpoaes.

Max
                              Keymaster

Seeing Wes’s comment. There is no reason we could not sell both. Or keep one as an actual award.

Andrew
                                Participant

If you sell both then it reduces their value as a reward. Might think about one in subdued (OD green) and black and one in tan and black. Make one for sale and the other as an award so there would be a difference. JMO.

Max
                                  Keymaster

Size for the shield version?

I can order both. I want one as a prize for the TacGun Challenge. Not sure I like different colors, due to liking CB. I think the shield is a better candidate for the TC. But nice for everyone to get hold of them. Possible to put some sort of laurel wreaths or something either side of the logo, or some other design, for the ones that are awarded for passing the TC? Could in fact do that for both designs/shapes? distinguish the bought ones from the earned ones?

Something along these lines. I used a simple paint design and only dd it on one side because I could not flip the lightning bolt:

TC
                                    Participant

I like the TACGUN MVT rectangular and the TACGUN B shield. The shield design would look good as a shoulder patch, while the rectangualr works well on the shoulder or a cap.

Agreed. Just did a mockup of the shield on a ball cap and the rectangle does look better there. Shield would be great for shoulder sleeve, plate carrier, or bag though. I like the lightning bolt variation for the “earn-only” patch. Size… 3-4″ height for the shield.

TC
                                      Participant

Another idea, based on the forum logo.

Max
                                        Keymaster

@TC – you are doing some good work here. I may ultimately use these mockups to send to the patch company to have them made. That said, could you do another version of the rectangular, like the one you just did, but with TACGUN on top of MVT. Can you do the shield version A and put something like laurel wreaths, or maybe a good looking lightning bolt, or something either side of the logo, for the earned patch version. I would suggest #’ tall for the shield.

Anyone else jump in with constructive opinions?

Max
                                          Keymaster

Looking at the photo above, these are current MVT patches. The left side two are given out for passing CTT and are not sold. The rectangular is also given out, but also given to anyone as a promotional item. Team Coyote is not spoken about (!)

That said, if we redesign the rectangular patch and bring on the shield, we can start giving out those instead, and also sell them, and have an earned version for the TacGun challenge. There may be some confusion, because we don’t necessarily want to give the earned TACGUN patch out to replace the CTT patch. So we could keep the CTT patches, or simply go to giving out the new unearned shield and cap patches for class attendance and have the laurel wreath earned version specifically for TACGUN challenge?

Thoughts?

Max
                                            Keymaster

Also, what about rounding the top of the shield design and saving space on it? If this is 3″ tall, what is the width?

Corvette
                                              Participant

Max, I hope you have copyrights and trademarks on all of these designs and I would most certainly get them on “Tacgun”. I think that has the real potential to take off and you don’t want people to steal that phrase and ruin it and turn it into something it isn’t.

Max
                                                Keymaster

Of course I don’t have copywrights and trademarks on this stuff.

Davidcole
                                                  Participant

Of course I don’t have copywrights and trademarks on this stuff.

Max there is always one more thing

Max
                                                    Keymaster

Then they want the t-shirt, and the hat, and I am still getting out of bed…. :good:

But in all seriousness, I don’t think trademark and copyright work like that it is a night mare to actually trademark a product, and makes nor real difference if you end up in court, and copyright happens by just doing – like my books are copyright by simply being written. We can show a history here of using TacGun. And anyway, if it gets out, that is the point, isn’t it? Dos anyone have a copyright on 3GUN?

Back to the design?

wesmc
                                                      Participant

I love the shield with the lightning bolt. The only change I would suggest is adding another lightning bolt to the other side. That’s the shit, I think.

TC
                                                        Participant

Here are several new versions. Once we settle on the final designs, I can provide the Photoshop files for the patch company, if needed.

Max
                                                          Keymaster

I really like rectangle B and tacgun G.

2 things:

Can you do the backgrouns of the shields same color as the mvt patches.

Can you also do the shield without the laurel, the basic one.

Thanks, and with the files I can send to the patch people.

Any other input before we nail this down?

Max
                                                            Keymaster

I think that looks great.

Any other opinions before we pull the trigger?

Height of the shield? 3″, 3.25″

Thanks TC

TC
                                                              Participant

Edited my post above and it disappeared :wacko:

Well here are the finalists again, color-corrected to be more coyote brown. For shield height, 3.25″ looks good to me. No taller than 3.5″ if possible.

Max
                                                                Keymaster

Looks good to me. Any objections, speak now. Otherwise I would like the files and I will have these made. Probably 3.25″ height on the shield. Basic shield and rectangle will end uo being available in the patch store, laurel patch will be held close to give out at the TC.

Maybe early May 2018 for the TC? Will have to look at the calendar.

TC
                                                                  Participant

Alright, I’m emailing you the two photoshop files, one for rectangle, one for shield (laurel layer can be turned off for the basic patch). Attached below are screenshots of the above.

ellobo
                                                                    Participant

I’ve always seen a face in the MVT LOGO.

wesmc
                                                                      Participant

I love the face character!!! :heart:

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.