SUT in SF training – SOFREP

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Articles Collection SUT in SF training – SOFREP

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mdbjjc
      Participant

https://sofrep.com/84940/special-forces-small-unit-tactics-range-time-better-overall-training/

This is not to compare MVT directly to SFQC training just to show that the training progression are similar.

SOFREP has a recent black eye on their journalism integrity due to a release of a video that showed SF men dying I believe in Niger (could be wrong on the exact details). This article is shies away from controversy. It merely describes the progression of steps to pass a portion of SFQC.

It’s no surprise that the light infantry/SUT/unconventional warfare training, the purview of SF in large part, is so similar to Max’s writings and training philosophy. Again, just because you finish a round of MVT courses does not make you an SF soldier.

FreedomOak
        Participant

13 weeks of this is a long course. Good for those guys because it sounds like a lot of fun. I don’t think anyone thinks they are soldiers from a weekend course (I don’t). Weekend courses for the citizen warrior though seems like a good trade off for skill development and real world expectations. Committing to a 13 week course is a non-starter for most of us anyway. I’ll note that State Guard forces indoc is usually 3-4 days for an E-1.

wildbill
          Participant

From the article;
            “The candidates go thru a six-day shooting cycle where they’ll qualify with M-4 rifles and M-9 pistols. Combined, between the two weapon systems, candidates will put over 1000 rounds down range.”

Wow a whole 1000 rounds in six days :wacko:

Robert
            Participant

From the article;
              “The candidates go thru a six-day shooting cycle where they’ll qualify with M-4 rifles and M-9 pistols. Combined, between the two weapon systems, candidates will put over 1000 rounds down range.”

1 WildBill

My son and I went to the range on Father’s Day and in the course of about 2 hours running drills, used up almost that- 2 hours. We didn’t break much, but the point is still the same. 1K of trigger time isn’t that much.

First Sergeant

From the article;

It’s not the quantity of rounds you shoot, it’s the quality. That’s just one portion of it. They will shoot 1000’s of rounds during that course.

FILO
                Signal Out, Can You Identify
                Je ne regrette rien
                In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.