Spokane

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Taylor. This post has been viewed 119 times
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      blue
      Participant

We’re new to the Spokane area, and are working with a realtor to find a home for our young and growing family.

Any locals have any suggestions of neighborhoods to consider/avoid?

Thanks!

HiDesertRat
        Participant

blue,
          are you set on living in Washington? Idaho is a short trip, 20min away. Open carry, permit less concealed carry also. Plus, the idiots in Seattle are trying to put some laws in place to restrict semi auto firearms. Eastern WA is much more conservative but doesn’t have the votes to stop such nonsense. WA is a shall issue state as far as CCW permits. Some things to consider.

blue
          Participant

Definitely good points! I’m currently working in CdA, and enjoy the area, the culture and the people for sure! It’s a MUCH better fit for us than the western part of the state. Not to mention the hunting in Idaho rocks! I am very open to living on the other side of the border, but am a little concerned with the public education in Idaho, since we’ve got two little ones. From what I read, the WA public schools rank higher, but if we’re able to put our kids though private school anyway, I guess that’s not that big of an issue. Hmmm…

Thanks for the input!

dnb
            Participant

Fact: a lot more uncontested freedom in idaho and less bs law.

wheelsee
              Participant

From what I read, the WA public schools rank higher, but if we’re able to put our kids though private school anyway, I guess that’s not that big of an issue.

My biggest regret with mine was not home-schooling………

chant8tones
                Participant

Any updates to this thread? I am also thinking of relocating to Idaho… I know there was a class in Idaho recently, too.

Taylor
                  Participant

Idaho is relaxed about guns and personal freedom. Law enforcement just assumes everyone has a gun and doesn’t worry about it unless you do something stupid. Lots of people here are Mormon and it can be a little hard to get your foot in the door for work until people get to know you if you aren’t a member of the church. The Sun Valley area is rather liberal and expensive because of all the movie stars and wealthy people. The Snake river valley has lots of sagebrush and a shortage of trees while the central and northern parts have mountains and trees. I moved to Idaho 13 years ago from California and have never looked back. Eastern Oregon and eastern Washington are also nice but have to deal with the laws pushed by the west coast counties.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.