Sleep pad recommendation

View Latest Activity

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      hellokitty
      Participant

I wanted to recommend Klymit to replace your foam pad. I have used both the Static Recon 18 oz and the Inertia X Recon 9oz. Both work great. They keep you warm and they are more comfortable than a foam pad. I settled on the Static because I toss about and sleep on my side. The Static is wider and works better for me. But if you sleep on your back then the Inertia is good to go.

https://www.klymit.com/sleeping-pads.html

The beauty of using Klymit is how you pack it. I leave it in my Bivy under my sleeping bag. So it takes up no room. Also it inflates fast and more important it deflates immediately. I can open valve and start stuffing system into pack. No fuss.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
        HEAT 2 (CP) X1
        FOF X3
        OPFOR X2
        CLC X2
        RIFLEMAN

Brian from Georgia
        Participant

Looks like that ought to beat my thermarest in both packing and comfort.

wheelsee
          Participant

I will echo kitty.

We bought my SIL the insulated static Vlux (see link above, this was based on his height, and what was available) for Christmas. He is active duty military and was going “to the field”. He said it worked well and slept well. His use of the system was exactly as Kitty said. And the red color is not an issue as it stays inside his bivy.

I will say I bought it on sale at Costco for much less than the posted price (the rep said they are at Costco twice annually)

HiDesertRat
            Participant

I used thermarest for years, about a year ago switched to klimit, lighter, better technology. And works well also. No going back.

BrothersKeeper
              Participant

REI has there own brand of self inflatable sleep mats that fold up to a very small size. They have a honey comb structure which is very supportive that is aided by the air. They have about 5 different sizes. I’ve used these mats for quite a few years and been quite happy with them.

Land Nav - 08/15
                Combat Team Tactics -
                Combat Patrol - 10/15
                Combat Leadership - 09/17
                Alumni Weekend - 07/18

trailman
                Participant

I have klymits and thermarests. Both are good products with their place. But I’ll go with kelloKitty for the win, I used the same setup for CP, the may rolls right up with the bivy.

Definitely the Klymit like Hellokitty says. I use it the exact same way. INSIDE the Bivy with sleeping bag on top. Works very well.

zeerf
                  Participant

:good: Agreed, I love my static V RECON.

Corvette
                    Participant

Glad you posted this Hellokitty. I think the Inertia X was the one you had in your bivy that you showed us at Doc’s. I couldn’t remember what brand it was.

hellokitty
                      Participant

:good:

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                        HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                        FOF X3
                        OPFOR X2
                        CLC X2
                        RIFLEMAN

Viewing 9 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.