ShotStop Green Tip 2 (GT2) coming soon!

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates ShotStop Green Tip 2 (GT2) coming soon!

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago by BILLY. This post has been viewed 543 times
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

We are on a back-order till end of July for GT Plates. This is due to the GT plate being replaced by the GT2. The GT2 will be lighter and better for the same price. If you order here now, you will receive the GT2.

All pre-orders for the Duritium® GT2 model are first come first serve.  ShotStop advises that the production run is underway and will be on shelves within ~6 weeks.

Dark Knight
        Participant

New to body armor. Would the best combination be a shooters cut/ SAPI for front and full size for the back?

For front which is better? Shooter cut or SAPI? SAPI provides more coverage, but Shooters cut would provide better range of movement.

Decisions, Decisions!

Civilianresponder
          Participant

I run SAPI cut front and rear. The Shotstop GT plates are nice.

Dark Knight
            Participant

@civilianresponder Thank you for the feedback!!

Civilianresponder
              Participant

No problem.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

New to body armor.

Step one in my opinion is check out First Sergeant’s Thread Fitting Plates Correctly.

Would the best combination be a shooters cut/ SAPI for front and full size for the back?

In the early days of rifle plates a different front and back plate was common. I don’t know of anyone recommending it today.

Decisions, Decisions!

Plenty of opinions, no one size fits all answer.

ShotStop’s line of plates that Max offers is the current gold standard.

Size and style will depend on your build and preferences.

Understand not all plate shapes will work with all carriers.

Body Armor and Protective Equipment subforum has a lot of information and feel free to ask questions in those threads. No such thing as a dead thread at MVT Forum.

Spencer
                  Participant

“Step one in my opinion is check out First Sergeant’s Thread Fitting Plates Correctly.”

Thanks for the re-post Joe and the original post First Sergeant, very helpful.

DCH 10/2019
                    H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

gatlinggun
                    Participant

Aw crap! I dropped a thousand FRNs for two GT plates just before the scamdemic took off and now you’re telling me they are introducing lighter GT plates?

How much lighter?

I should have waited!!!

Max
                        Keymaster

Never wait. Or you will never do anything. You go to war with the plates you have.

First Sergeant

Never wait. Or you will never do anything. You go to war with the plates you have.

Or don’t have.

FILO
                          Signal Out, Can You Identify
                          Je ne regrette rien
                          In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Dark Knight
                          Participant

Thank you, Joe for all the information. Back when I was still an 11B in the ARNG, we still had flak jackets. They were getting turned in around the time I left!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Dark Knight.
                            lucky_luke
                            Participant

Are the green tip plates rated to stop m855A1 or just regular m855? Im not worried about fighting the local national guard or anything. I know most of em. Im just curious if i should spring for those or deal with the increased weight of lvl IV plates for the additional protection.

BILLY
                              Participant

Are the green tip plates rated to stop m855A1 or just regular m855? Im not worried about fighting the local national guard or anything. I know most of em. Im just curious if i should spring for those or deal with the increased weight of lvl IV plates for the additional protection.

The plates are “rated” for green tip 855’s I’ve done informal testing using the 855a1 and they held but to be clear and honest they are “rated” for 855’s. The make up of the 855a1 allows for better penetration of 3/8” steel but they don’t necessarily have a lot more energy on the target so the strike face does it’s job to disrupt the penetrator and the duration does the work of grabbing the projectile and keeping it on the safe side of your body. So i would put these up against the 855a1 personally, but there is not currently a formal rating that includes the 855a1, that could change next year when the new tests come into play for certification

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.