Saxon Math

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 3 months ago by Max. This post has been viewed 30 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Look in to the Saxon math program.
        We “used it” on our kids.
        Both our kids Cleped 1st semester calculus at the community college at age 15.

Max
        Keymaster

Howdy,
          My folks used Saxon math when they homeschooled me. I did well with it since once it taught something in a lesson it would keep bringing the subject up throughout the work in the book so you didn’t forget it. I think Saxon math is common core aligned now though. Good thing I saved my books for my kids!

cynikal
          Participant

Saxon is the way to go … get the right edition though, the 4th or 5th is the common core version – cannot remember off the top of my head but the salesman was very helpful to my wife and explained it all. We are anti common core and prefer the traditional way of learning – with our brains not our feelings!

Max
            Keymaster

That is too bad.
              We used an earlier version.
              The books may be found used for a reasonable price all over the net.
              We sold ours. (Bad idea)

Byron

Max
              Keymaster

We are using Saxon math for our oldest. She was pretty advanced in public school but finding a few holes in her knowledge with Saxon. Highly recommend the non common core editions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.