Russian Troops Training (Present Day)

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Combat Media Russian Troops Training (Present Day)

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Video of Russian Military Training. This is more relevant than it should be in current times.

Let’s make this an open thread in terms of feel free to add other relevant video or analysis that you find. Be good to see some hard analysis of Russian military capabilities / training rather than the usual enthusiastic ‘Merica bullshit i.e. we’re the best cuz…’Merica!

Never underestimate your [enemy]. These are some tough hombres, no PC bullshit. Ready for Hillary, ready for war with Russia! If you have any sort of outstanding military obligation, or your family / children do, then you should be worried about this.

Til Valhalla!

https://youtu.be/V3B9Q2hDCQ8 – this one will not embed you have to click the link.

Max
        Keymaster

Max
          Keymaster

Max
            Keymaster

Sweet monkeys balls, but this one is beautiful. Will she sing to me while I die surrounded by a bunch of useless millennials….? :yahoo:

JeffSags
              Participant

But we have the most advanced military in the world?

Short Stroke
                Participant

At least those millennials will have been liberated from the gender they were assigned at birth. Taxpayer-paid gender reassignment surgery is going to revolutionize our military. The Russians will have no chance.

Corvette
                  Participant

These are the people Hitlery wants to go to war with. Unbelievable.

Snowman
                    Participant

I would like to know Russia’s capabilities too seeing as how the administration likes to keep poking the bear. Everything i read is contradicted by some other expert. As for underestimating the Russians, just remember that the Germans occupied almost all of Stalingrad at one point. I doubt they will cut and run now either.

Andrew
                      Participant

In the second video they had a reactive target going down. I wonder if they call it Max? B-). If things break bad with them, I hope no one is under the illusion that it will be easy.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Never underestimate your [enemy]. These are some tough hombres, no PC bullshit. Ready for Hillary, ready for war with Russia! If you have any sort of outstanding military obligation, or your family / children do, then you should be worried about this.

You aren’t kidding.

I would like to know Russia’s capabilities too seeing as how the administration likes to keep poking the bear.

I’ll see what I can work up, in lieu of that check out Wikipedia’s entry Russian Armed Forces for a good overview.

If things break bad with them, I hope no one is under the illusion that it will be easy.

Scary stuff indeed.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

In the “Russian Military Power 2016 // Russian Armed Forces 2016” video…

…APS Автомат Подводный Специальный, I haven’t thought about those in many years.

Anonymous
                            Inactive

I do know the Russians just showed off new development of the Satan-2 ICBM that can turn Texas into the location of the next Fallout game, which is pretty damn scary quite honestly.

It feels weird sitting at work wondering if I’d survive a nuclear strike or if I were out of state and it happened that everyone I’ve ever known or cared about could get wiped off the face of the earth. I grew up post-Cold War so I guess now I can understand the worrying from back then a bit more than I did before.

It’s freaking bizarre that the neocon in this election is the Democratic candidate, usually the Republicans are considered the chickenhawks of the election cycle.

I have seen some pretty funny/sad “I’m with her to war with Russia” memes on Facebook.

The West will cry all it can about Aleppo but the Russians will keep bombing it as long as they feel necessary because they proved that they can bomb people into submission with Grozny. The Russians give no fuck about your triggers, human rights, or hurt feelings, they will do everything in their power to achieve their strategic objectives and I’m not sure that enough people understand that.

riflemaniv
                              Participant

I often wonder what percentage of the Russian military has truly been modernized. With the exception of the VDV(paras) and their special forces, have the rest of their units been upgraded/modernized? I still sometimes see recent pics with troops doing exercises in Afghan war era equipment. That being said after seeing what they did in Georgia and Ukraine they should not be underestimated.

DiznNC
                                Participant

The last two comments were spot on.

‘Raptor hits it on intentions and mindset, Riflemaniv nails it on capabilities.

My impression of them is that a small part of them is modernized and ready to kick ass, but the vast majority of their arm forces is still in need of force modernization. So they project the image of a greater threat, but in reality, they cannot sustain any serious force projection at this time. Much the same as it was in the cold war, if not even WWII.

BUT as we have seen, they are very good at sacrificing millions of Russians while they get their shit together, and steamroller back at you.

They have the hardcore mindset, they are united as a country to defend the motherland, and have the land mass to stall you while they prepare for your defeat.

That’s just the conventional side. If it goes nuclear, again the Russians stand a better chance at survival, especially all their remote rural areas. Yeah pretty funny if all the political prisoners in gulags are safer than the obedient peeps in the cities. But it would also mean that a “third party” would stand a good chance of defeating us both while we are so weakened. So yeah I guess all the payoff money to the chinks would come in handy here.

Corvette
                                  Participant

My impression of them is that a small part of them is modernized and ready to kick ass, but the vast majority of their arm forces is still in need of force modernization. So they project the image of a greater threat, but in reality, they cannot sustain any serious force projection at this time. Much the same as it was in the cold war, if not even WWII.

Toe to toe I agree with this but I don’t underestimate their ability to mobilize mass forces in a short time. “Quantity has a quality all its own”. This is how their crude forces with crude weapons kicked the Germans back to Berlin…

However as its stands Russian can barely keep its one aircraft carrier up to date..They have one carrier.. we have 20..

These are useful..

LINK

LINK 2

LINK 3

Bergmann

DiznNC
                                    Participant

I do not underestimate Ivan in any way shape or form. They would be a formidable foe at any strength level. Look at these stone age little boy fuckers and how they have fought us to a stand-still.

Actually my vote is to get self-sufficient again, defend our own boarders and let all these booger-eaters kill each other off. When they try and invade, then we fight. Why should I give a damn about the rest of the world that despises me.

Use special operation forces to advance our needs when required but quit giving the rest of the world a free ride on defense spending. Drop the façade of being the liberator of the oppressed and pursue our own self-interests without guilt.

We have been accused of being this big imperial power, blah blah, blah. Quit apologizing for it. I say, yeah that’s right, fuck you.

Corvette
                                      Participant

These are the guys that scare me… They’d make short work of my plans..

Andrew
                                        Participant

On the 2nd vid, starting around 2:48 it sure looks like your AO Ivarr.

Corvette
                                          Participant

On the 2nd vid, starting around 2:48 it sure looks like your AO Ivarr.

Indeed the Taiga (or Boreal forests) terrain is generally the same there as here in my area…

MAP

Max
                                            Keymaster

Ever notice how from WWII to present day, Russians and troops from that region (i.e. Ukraine etc) always ride on their armored vehicles? Here is a a little background on that from Wikipedia:

Tank Desant

And some historical movie. Are we the Germans now?

https://youtu.be/cXRhmE7seBs

Thomas
                                              Participant

Are we the Germans now?

No, we are the Russians. Communists at the top and imperialistic as we continue to create havoc for the oil and natural gas countries of the Middle East. We are taking their resources and forcing democracy on them.

I still hate the USSR and all of its stupidity.

Corvette
                                                Participant

The Rus tribe are like the Klingon’s of humanity..

Bergmann

Max
                                                  Keymaster

Bergmann: No. And there are Russian members here and alumni of MVT. We here in America should remove the log from our eye before throwing accusations at other nations. Yes, they had communism. Germany had Nazism. Now we have imperial neo con progressivism (communism).

DiznNC
                                                    Participant

Bergmann my money is on you. Don’t care how good any opfor scout force is, it’s your AO. If those motherfuckers do actually show up, I may jump in a re-supply to you.

Yeah Max I agree. I don’t have a hard-on against any nationality, per se, just their fucked-up political systems, including our own.

That being said, I don’t have a problem shooting any motherfucker in the face that threatens my life and liberty.

Corvette
                                                      Participant

Huh? Wait wait wait wait…Max, Diz? Really. Thought you both knew me better then that. I mean I only been here since 2013..Check your signals, both of you, please.. Who said I had anything against the Russian tribe? Klingon’s are awesome..Try not to be so sensitive..I feel like I just said something about the Ferguson riots being based on a lie and got called racist for it.. :wacko: I invite you both to google a bit about it before you think I was disrespecting anyone. There’s literally dozens and dozens of websites and info about how the Klingon’s were based on Russians (and a few other cultures). How you digest that fact will depend on your perspective. Don’t hold me responsible for that. The real insult here is what you outright thought about me in my simple post.

Anyhow..

Here is an interesting read about Soviet tactics of using Native Nationals to conduct guerilla war behind the lines in the Lapland’s of Finland in WWII. IMO its still relevant today. Especially when the hammder drops and technological ways of tracking ppl has vanished..

LINK

A bit off topic but still relevant are the Jagers that hunted them..

LINK

They may pop up in Finnish but Google has a translation button on the site that works pretty well..

Diz. Thanks I appreciate your confidence in me..

Bergmann

Corvette
                                                        Participant

FWIW, I admire both the Klingons and the Russians.

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.