Question for military folks- container

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Question for military folks- container

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by RRS. This post has been viewed 222 times
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert
      Participant

Anyone happen to know the unloaded, dry weight of something like this? I may buy one but I can’t figure out the unloaded weight of it to see if my trailer would haul it. It shows a max loading weight on it of 12,600 lbs. but that’s obviously packed full of crap.

Any other pertinent info on these?

TIA

Robert
        Participant

It’s approximately 9 feet by 9 feet. I realized the pic kinda sucked. It’s NOT a 20 or 40′ conex. It’s one of the little ones with doors on each side and about 4′ of room on each side- divided with a wall. In other words, doors on one side only access the crap on that side, doors on other side access stuff on other side.

DuaneH
          Participant
            DuaneH
            Participant
              SeanT
              Keymaster

My 20 foot shipping container weighs about 5585 empty if that helps you Guage

Robert
                Participant

http://www.aarcorp.com/isu-90-fc-4-door/

?

Very similar to this, only has a permanent wall between the two sections. But I would assume the thin wall doesn’t weigh crap. I’m guessing in the 2K lb. weight range.

I got a similar size one a while back that was marked with the weight and it did fine on my trailer, I was just a little concerned with the loaded weight being so high and being the only thing marked on this other one.

I’m going to set this other one up as a comm shack/storage.

Robert
                  Participant

This is the other one I already have. Meant to post pics in the last post but I hit submit too quick.

DuaneH
                    Participant

http://www.aarcorp.com/isu-90-fc-4-door/

?

Very similar to this, only has a permanent wall between the two sections. But I would assume the thin wall doesn’t weigh crap. I’m guessing in the 2K lb. weight range.

I got a similar size one a while back that was marked with the weight and it did fine on my trailer, I was just a little concerned with the loaded weight being so high and being the only thing marked on this other one.

I’m going to set this other one up as a comm shack/storage.

Truthfully, I am not sure. I would need more pics of the container you are looking at to figure it out.

There are a bunch of different types of these things sitting around at my Reserve center and co-incidentally I will be there next weekend.

First Sergeant

If you can get me better pictures of the container in question I can get you a weight.

What is your trailer rated at? What are you pulling the trailer with?

FILO
                        Signal Out, Can You Identify
                        Je ne regrette rien
                        In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Robert
                        Participant

Thanks guy, I’ll try to get some better pics this week but I think that second link was it minus the little divider wall inside. I’m guessing less than 2K lbs. and the other one we carried back was similar so I’m guessing good to go. If not I’ll post pics of busted trailer!!

ffhounddog
                          Participant

Looks like a standard ISU90 so 1720 pounds give or take 15 pounds for rust or crap on the bottom.

You can load up to 10K but I’ve never loaded it more than 7500.

RRS
                            Participant

Slightly off topic but I use a 20′ out at my farm for deer camp, love the damn thing but the wifey won’t move into it for some reason.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.