PT Question

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge PT Question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Hi All.

Can any of the guys who served in the US military describe the Standardized Fitness test. Its part of the TRX forces Tactical conditioning program and I cant seem to dig it up anywhere on the net.
        If anyone is looking for excellent core conditioning I would really recommend the TRX. Not just core but all round great results.

Thanks Guys

Corvette
        Participant

It depends on the service.

The Army uses whats called the APFT Army Phycisal Fitness test.
          it consists of a your maximum pushups in 2 minutes , your maximum situps in 2 minutes and a 2 mile run.

USAF I think is same but the run is 1.5 miles and the s/u and p/u are for 1 minute.

google APFT for the standards by age and gender

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The four services physical tests.

Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test consists of Pull-Ups, Crunches, and 3-Mile Run. USMC PFT Score Charts

The Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) consists of 3 events: 2 minutes of Pushups, 2 minutes of Situps, and a 2-mile run.

The Navy Physical Readiness Test consists of 2 minutes push-ups, 2 minutes curl-ups (sit-ups), and either running 1.5 mile or swimming 500 meters.

The Air Force’s Basic Military Training Physical Fitness Test is a three-event physical performance test used to test your endurance. The three PFT events are one minute of push-ups, one minute of sit-ups, and a timed 1.5 mile run. The PFT is normally performed in workout gear and the run is completed in running shoes.

Links show age modifiers and scores.

I listed them from hardest (USMC) to easiest (Airforce).

Corvette
            Participant

Thanks very much for taking the time guys, This helps a lot.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.