OPERATIONS: Citizen Unconventional Tactical Team (CUTT)

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership OPERATIONS: Citizen Unconventional Tactical Team (CUTT)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

This is to draw your attention to previous posts, which I have collected and placed together as a separate permanent OPERATIONS page.

The purpose of this information is not simply interest only, to then be forgotten about, but to develop your Citizen Unconventional Tactical Teams (CUTT). Start by finding a buddy and getting trained, then step up to a 4 man team. A number of 4 man teams make up a CUTT.

Do not forget the requirement for competent leadership!

For right or wrong, for good or bad, the ‘M’ word has been corrupted. Not only by attacks on it, but also by the incompetence and poor PR ability of many involved in the ‘M’ movement. If you are untrained, and unfit, get a grip of yourself and take off the camo and rank. It may not be too late for you, if you can wake up, but right now you are an embarrassment to all Americans bearing arms.

The other side of this problem are those organizations that are exclusive to certain persons, perhaps due to prior service. The bearing of arms is not an exclusive thing.

The CUTT concept is designed to be inclusive. However, it does not work with untrained incompetence. To operate in a CUTT, you need to be competent and physically able. That is the only ‘membership’ test for this: can you do the job?

As this STUDENT REVIEW attests, there is no reason that you cannot attain a high level of soldiering competence, as a civilian with no prior service. Just get fit and get the training. It is for this reason that MVT provides a progression of serious tactical classes.

Get off the grill, get off the ride-on mower, get off ESPN. Stop being that pretend tough guy that the commercials want you to be. Being a free American is not about grilling and sports. Grilling is only OK after a hard training day! Then you earned it!

Dennis W
      Participant

<Get off the grill, get off the ride-on mower, get off ESPN>
      It’s funny that you mentioned this, as I was going to make a post about mowing. I do most of the major mowing around hear with a tractor and bushhog, but have a small 22″ self propelled that I used just right around the house. Last summer I started mowing 1-2 acres in the clearing around the house with the small mower. I figured that I was walking and sweating about 2 mile per acre.

RRS
      Participant

ESPN is some of the worst propaganda out there, but lucky for us they are so over confident they might as well be explicit in their denigration of their audience.

It cheers me up seeing an empty stadium as people slowly filter away from the spectator sport nonsense.

Question about the CUTT page

one of the listed implied tasks is “Mobility: tactical fitness, and realistic combat loads, to allow individuals and teams to maneuver effectively towards and away from the enemy.”

A very small view into one particular issue on this – for the folks who would be the maneuver element – from your book and other sources, the standard seems to be ‘drop your ruck and run faster’ if you’re needing to get there fast. how critical is that aspect? If you have a huge ruck for long distance patrolling it would be tough to go fast. If you have a small day pack or assault pack, would it be better to just run with it, if you have the PT to support it?

this is a very narrow question into a broad topic, but the particular outcome is my recommending gear to others, and links back to the battle belt with ruck vs ruck with big hip belt and other ways to carry ‘ready mags/speed reloads’ and a pistol, etc.

thanks

Corvette
      Participant

Not being Max, I’ll throw my 2 cents in here anyway: I use a buttpack on my rig as a “assault pack light” and in favorable weather I feel I can sustain operations out of it for quite some time…

IMO lots of CUTT activities will center around the Insurgent (Ambush then run) or Prepper (short patrol and/or scavenging) concept of operations which implies light loads.

Max
      Keymaster

@TFB: this is something that I cover on the patrol class, which luckily for you is likely coming to Texas, as well as the CTT/mobility package, early 2016.

I am planning on doing a video shortly as well, with the updated CUTT chest rig, and looking at patrol packs. Basically, if you can’t run away with it, you are likely to lose it. Not big rucks, but smallest patrol packs you can do and accomplish the mission, think 48/72 hours max. Got to think smart and about logistics – we all need resupply some time anyway.
      Why are you even out there, and for that long? What is your logistics plan? Etc.

Max and Mod – thanks for your responses.

With the CUTT concept, I agree – dont really need a 6000 ci pack for a 3 week trek. short patrols dont need huge loads, so a ‘3 day assault pack’ or similar will do you fine, with frequent resupply for food and water, or cycling out with other teams into guard duty or work detail.

Same question, further refined:
      In the event you were going on a longer patrol, or had a large ruck (but packed lightly and compressed down, so that you could expand the load for carrying out scavenged items), how fast is necessary to be able to get the big pack off of you?

The reason i ask is that i would like to try out the battle belt concept again, but using the Hill People gear Ute and prairie belt. The prairie belt is removable, but you have to take everything off, undo some velcro, slide the pack frame stays out of the pockets, and re-don the prairie belt. It takes ~10 seconds to do all that if you’re in a hurry. That might be a problem if you’re under contact. If you aren’t in direct contact/are to be the maneuver element, those 10 seconds will be precious time to be running to the flank, but removing the load might be useful.

Is this an issue i should worry about? If the seconds were super critical during that time, it might be worth it to go to a load system like the AttackPak or a modified Mystery Ranch BASE frame, where the battle belt is the hip belt of the ruck, but it detaches within a few seconds at most, without the need to undo the belt.

thanks for your time.

Max
      Keymaster

If using a bigger ruck, it should drop right off you with no gear fiddling. Then, if you have time, take the grab bag from the larger ruck and keep moving.

If you have to have a larger ruck, I like to keep a smaller grab/patrol pack in/on it in case the large bag had to be dropped, or is cached/left in a patrol base.

But what I am trying to get across is the concept of never using the large ruck, and never going with a patrol pack that you can’t run away with.

“But what I am trying to get across is the concept of never using the large ruck, and never going with a patrol pack that you can’t run away with.”

loud and clear. got it- thanks

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.