Old School Yard Sale Find!

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 110 times
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

PASGT size Large.

$5.00! That’s right $5 and in excellent condition!

Sure it’s not the latest and greatest, but you never know when you may need a extra helmet.

GreenTip
        Participant

That’s cool. I never have luck at yard sales!!

A_A_Ron2guns
          Participant

That was a great helmet.

wheelsee
            Participant

I’ll take it…. wait – you’re telling about a find or selling???

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Civilianresponder
              Participant

Nice find!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I never have luck at yard sale!!

It helps if you live in or near areas with military bases. I always tell people if they travel near bases to check yard sales, flea markets, and pawn shops if they have some free time. Lots of good deals available.

That was a great helmet.

I never had a problem with them, obviously the newer gear is much more comfortable, but it’s a relative thing. I remember when we were first getting Interceptor Vests. The young guy next to me was commenting on how heavy they were and I was thinking how light they were compared to earlier plate armor. :unsure:

I am ancient enough that my first helmet was the M1 steel pot. ;-)

…you’re telling about a find…

Sorry, it’s going into my extra gear bins. I have two PASGT’s and one MICH. I’ll be looking for a deal on the upgraded suspension/padding.

Nice find!

It’s always fun to score a good deal!

Anonymous
                  Inactive

I’ve seen some of the old PASGT helmets flip for $35 or so on the Goodwill auction site, might also be worth a look if you’re looking for kevlar on a budget.

PASGT isn’t the best or brightest but better than nothing, those upgraded suspension kits do make it look a lot more palatable though.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

A friendly reminder on the upgraded suspension/padding kits, there are many cheap kits that aren’t worth your money.

I was surprised (probably shouldn’t be) that the current issue pads are cheap junk vice what they at least started out with.

Oregon Aero is still the gold standard to my knowledge.

Something to consider when buying used/surplus gear is needing to replace junk/worn out padding.

Anonymous
                      Inactive

A friendly reminder on the upgraded suspension/padding kits, there are many cheap kits that aren’t worth your money.

I was surprised (probably shouldn’t be) that the current issue pads are cheap junk vice what they at least started out with.

Oregon Aero is still the gold standard to my knowledge.

Something to consider when buying used/surplus gear is needing to replace junk/worn out padding.

Good advice, I’ll keep that in mind, thanks Joe.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.