Oklahoma

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Oklahoma

• This topic has 63 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by wheelsee. This post has been viewed 151 times
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      MrB
      Participant

Curious if there is anyone in Oklahoma?

Aerohawk
        Participant

What part? I live in Amarillo, most of Oklahoma is closer to me then the rest of Texas.

MrB
          Participant

I’m east of Stillwater.

mark9mmp
            Participant

Im live in the Okc metro

"Ah, so you're that dick"

wheelsee
              Participant

In the DFW area

mark9mmp
                Participant

I have a group i train with, one of us has 160 or so acres of good training land we use. If folks are interested we can talk.

Davidcole
                  Participant

Bartlesville area

dave37
                    Participant

I’m in Tulsa. There’s at least one other alum here who isn’t on the forum yet that would train with us.

HEAT 1 2017
                      Intro to CQB 2017
                      Texas HEAT 2 2018
                      Operation TeaSinker 2019
                      Combat Leader Course 2019
                      Team Coyote
                      Team Rekkr
                      Team Cowbell

mark9mmp
                      Participant

I have fam in Bartlesville and travel there somewhat frequently. I also have a contact near Pawhuska that would be cool with us training at his site. Smaller that the 160 acres I use in the OKC area but still decent. It also backs up to some dense unoccupied woods that can be utilized. We should all meet up soon.

Aerohawk
                        Participant

I would be interested.

dave37
                          Participant

Seems like we have enough people to do something. What do we need to do to make this happen?

-Find a day that works for everybody
                            -Figure out a training plan
                            -Come up with some targets

Can anybody think of anything else?

HEAT 1 2017
                            Intro to CQB 2017
                            Texas HEAT 2 2018
                            Operation TeaSinker 2019
                            Team Coyote
                            Team Rekkr
                            Team Cowbell

Davidcole
                            Participant

I would suggest a meet up with a little range time and go from there. Let me check on some logistics and get back with you all.

mark9mmp
                              Participant

I’m with David Cole. I think an icebreaker of a basic range day/meet and greet first would be great.

Davidcole
                                Participant

Here is what I had in mind. We have a meet and greet at Osage Hills state park (between Bartlesville and Pawhuska). Then after a bit we could go to a fifty yard range I have access to shoot and go from there.

I am tied up until the end of June but July is pretty open.

Thoughts

dave37
                                  Participant

Sounds good to me. If it is more convenient for the OKC area folks, I am a member at Red Castle Gun Club east of Tulsa. We could meet up in Tulsa or Sand Springs and shoot there.

As for a date, I am trying to shoot the Pawnee Run and Gun on 7/22 but any other weekend in July I will make happen.

HEAT 1 2017
                                    Intro to CQB 2017
                                    Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                    Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                    Team Coyote
                                    Team Rekkr
                                    Team Cowbell

dave37
                                    Participant

OK, one other thing. Looks like we have 4-5 people in the thread and interested right now.

Are we limiting this to strictly MVT alumni only, or can we bring other guys that are squared away and want to participate? I’m cool with either way; but if we had more bodies we could practice more stuff.

HEAT 1 2017
                                      Intro to CQB 2017
                                      Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                      Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                      Team Coyote
                                      Team Rekkr
                                      Team Cowbell

Davidcole
                                      Participant

I’d say let’s keep it managable 12-16 tops.

mark9mmp
                                        Participant

Julys a bit hectic for me but I’ll do my best to make it happen. Def can’t do the 15th though going to Garth. I’m also dying to hit the Pawnee 5k this year.

dave37
                                          Participant

How about July 8?

HEAT 1 2017
                                            Intro to CQB 2017
                                            Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                            Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                            Team Coyote
                                            Team Rekkr
                                            Team Cowbell

Davidcole
                                            Participant

July 8th works

wheelsee
                                              Participant

Are we talking a single day or the weekend??

dave37
                                                Participant

Probably just the afternoon this time, I would say.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                  Intro to CQB 2017
                                                  Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                  Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                  Team Coyote
                                                  Team Rekkr
                                                  Team Cowbell

Aerohawk
                                                  Participant

Is this going to be more around OKC or Tusla area? As of right now July 8 is looking good.

dave37
                                                    Participant

Davidcole has a place near Bartlesville (40 minutes north of Tulsa), and I have access to a range about 20 minutes east of Tulsa, so it looks like Tulsa area at this point. I’m totally open to going to OKC area if someone down there is willing to host.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                      Intro to CQB 2017
                                                      Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                      Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                      Team Coyote
                                                      Team Rekkr
                                                      Team Cowbell

Davidcole
                                                      Participant

I am willing to host at Osage Hills St park and the range is less than ten minutes from the park.

mark9mmp
                                                        Participant

July 8th is good for me as well.

Davidcole
                                                          Participant

Sorry guys just found out granddaughter is getting baptized July 8th. I’d still be willing to host on July 29.

dave37
                                                            Participant

I can do the 29th

HEAT 1 2017
                                                              Intro to CQB 2017
                                                              Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                              Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                              Team Coyote
                                                              Team Rekkr
                                                              Team Cowbell

wheelsee
                                                              Participant

The 8th looks to be my only off weekend……I’m in

dave37
                                                                Participant

So wheelsee, you can only do the 8th; and davidcole can only do the 29th?

Do we need to push it into august?

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                  Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                  Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                  Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                  Team Coyote
                                                                  Team Rekkr
                                                                  Team Cowbell

Davidcole
                                                                  Participant

Have not looked into dates in August

Davidcole
                                                                    Participant

As of now I can host August 5, 19 and 26 or attend at another location

mark9mmp
                                                                      Participant

August is wide open for me as well so whatever works.

dave37
                                                                        Participant

Ok. How about august 5 in Osage hills park?

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                          Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                          Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                          Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                          Team Coyote
                                                                          Team Rekkr
                                                                          Team Cowbell

• #82202
                                                                          Davidcole
                                                                          Participant

August 5th @ the park sounds good.

• #82203
                                                                            mark9mmp
                                                                            Participant

Im in.

• #82204
                                                                              wheelsee
                                                                              Participant

I’m in

• #82205
                                                                                dave37
                                                                                Participant

Ok looks like we have 4-5 or more committed for 8/5 in Osage hills. I guess we will just keep bumping the thread in the hope of getting more people, and then set up the details when we get a little closer.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                  Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                  Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                  Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                  Team Coyote
                                                                                  Team Rekkr
                                                                                  Team Cowbell

• #82206
                                                                                  dave37
                                                                                  Participant

Bumped. Anybody else interested? Come train with the Oklahoma group and get a free morale patch!*

*Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                    Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                    Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                    Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                    Team Coyote
                                                                                    Team Rekkr
                                                                                    Team Cowbell

• #82207
                                                                                    Davidcole
                                                                                    Participant

Bump 25 days

• #82208
                                                                                      wheelsee
                                                                                      Participant

Just reading online resources for firearms in state parks (OK – Osage Hills State Park) – some say yes, some say no, some say yes with a permit……can we get clarification?? Not interested in ending up with a misdemeanor/felony from this…… Texas only allows handguns IF have your LTC (and long guns are still prohibited unless authorized by written order of the director).

• #82209
                                                                                        Davidcole
                                                                                        Participant

As in concealed carry or storiing firearms in vehicle? Give more info and I’ll ask the Park Ranger.

• #82210
                                                                                          Davidcole
                                                                                          Participant

Concealed carry with permit no problem.open carry with permit ok. Long guns should remain unloaded and secured in vehicle until we go the range.

• #82211
                                                                                            dave37
                                                                                            Participant

Anybody going to the Pawnee Run n Gun tomorrow? I’ll have an MVT patch on my hat.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                              Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                              Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                              Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                              Team Coyote
                                                                                              Team Rekkr
                                                                                              Team Cowbell

• #82212
                                                                                              mark9mmp
                                                                                              Participant

Howd the run&gun go? Looks fun as hell. I wouldve gone but i didnt realize that it would be sold out lol!

• #82213
                                                                                                dave37
                                                                                                Participant

Really glad I did it. The actual run was brutal, but after finishing I floated around on a cloud the rest of the day. I only did the 5k but that was still brutal. It really underscored the need for not overloading yourself. All I had was weapons, ammo, and water and I wasn’t able to run the whole thing.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                  Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                  Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                  Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                  Team Coyote
                                                                                                  Team Rekkr
                                                                                                  Team Cowbell

• #82214
                                                                                                  dave37
                                                                                                  Participant

So is everybody still on board for 8/5 in Osage hills park?

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                    Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                    Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                    Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                    Team Coyote
                                                                                                    Team Rekkr
                                                                                                    Team Cowbell

• #82215
                                                                                                    wheelsee
                                                                                                    Participant

Yep…..

What time starting??

How many rounds??

Costs??

Any specific “no” clothing/items??

I’m coming from the DFW area, if anyone needs a ride……

• #82216
                                                                                                      mark9mmp
                                                                                                      Participant

yep I’m still G2G.

• #82217
                                                                                                        Davidcole
                                                                                                        Participant

Yes. I was thinking I would grab a table down by the pool about 10am. Folks can show up between 10 and 12 for the meet & greet and if all works well we can head to the range about 1:00 till whenever.

Round count? whatever you feel comfortable bringing

Clothing? I wouldn’t want to scare the locals. There is place to change at the range if needed.

How do you all want to handle lunch?

• #82218
                                                                                                          dave37
                                                                                                          Participant

Is there a town on the way to the range we can get lunch in? Otherwise I guess sack lunch.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                            Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                            Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                            Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                            Team Coyote
                                                                                                            Team Rekkr
                                                                                                            Team Cowbell

• #82219
                                                                                                            Davidcole
                                                                                                            Participant

I’ve thought about fixing some BBQ pulled pork for lunch.

• #82220
                                                                                                              mark9mmp
                                                                                                              Participant

Wheres the pool located? Easy to find?

• #82221
                                                                                                                Davidcole
                                                                                                                Participant

Pool is easy to find. drive by park office straight thru 4 way stop then first left. Picnic tables will on the left,

• #82222
                                                                                                                  Davidcole
                                                                                                                  Participant

Bump 4 days out

• #82224
                                                                                                                    dave37
                                                                                                                    Participant

If davidcole is bringing pulled pork, I can bring some sides and we can have a tactical picnic.

At this point, there’s me plus three more coming from Tulsa.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                                      Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                                      Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                                      Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                                      Team Coyote
                                                                                                                      Team Rekkr
                                                                                                                      Team Cowbell

• #82225
                                                                                                                      Davidcole
                                                                                                                      Participant

Great Can everyone respond with a headcount so I know how much pork to fix.

• #82226
                                                                                                                        wheelsee
                                                                                                                        Participant

1 from DFW

• #82227
                                                                                                                          mark9mmp
                                                                                                                          Participant

1 from Okc.

• #82228
                                                                                                                            dave37
                                                                                                                            Participant

And then there was one! All my peeps have to work, so just me from Tulsa.

HEAT 1 2017
                                                                                                                              Intro to CQB 2017
                                                                                                                              Texas HEAT 2 2018
                                                                                                                              Operation TeaSinker 2019
                                                                                                                              Team Coyote
                                                                                                                              Team Rekkr
                                                                                                                              Team Cowbell

• #82229
                                                                                                                              wheelsee
                                                                                                                              Participant

Any contact numbers for those of us traveling?? Hate to drive 5 hours and then not be able to locate anyone…….

• #82230
                                                                                                                                mark9mmp
                                                                                                                                Participant

I sent you a PM

• #82231
                                                                                                                                  Davidcole
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Ok. We have had our first gathering of the Oklahoma members of the forum with the addition of one Texas member. We was fortunate to have two who have attended MVT training in Texas. With their(Dave37 & Wheelsee) leadership we practiced RTRs contact left, right & rear, We also worked on buddy pair and four man team (two buddy pair) bound forward and bound to the rear drills.

We are going to schedule another training date early Oct around Shawnee OK details to follow.

MrB & Areohawk we hope you all can attend in Oct.

Picture of the Texohma Timberwolves.

• #82232
                                                                                                                                    wheelsee
                                                                                                                                    Participant

It was a pleasure gents….

Viewing 63 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.