Not your typical SOG story!

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Not your typical SOG story!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

SFC Jerry “Mad Dog” Shriver is some what of a MACV-SOG legend.

“MAD DOG SHRIVER”

Shriver’s closest companion was a German shepherd he’d brought back from Taiwan which he named Klaus.

One night Klaus got sick on beer some recon men fed him and crapped on the NCO club floor; they rubbed his nose in it and threw him out.

Shriver arrived, drank a beer, removed his blue velvet smoking jacket and derby hat, put a .38 revolver on a table, then dropped his pants and defecated on the floor.

“If you want to rub my nose in this,” he dared, “come on over.”

Everyone pretended not to hear him; one man who’d fed Klaus beer urged the Recon Company commander to intervene.

The captain laughed in his face.

:yahoo:

Jerry and Klaus

First Sergeant

Still listed as MIA.

RIP.

FILO
          Signal Out, Can You Identify
          Je ne regrette rien
          In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Still listed as MIA.

RIP.

Excerpt:

No one else could engage the machinegun that trapped Shriver’s men — it was up to Mad Dog. Skittish Yards looked to Shriver and his half-grin restored a sense of confidence. Then they were on their feet, charging — Shriver was his old self, running to the sound of guns, a True Believer Yard on either side, all of them dashing through the flying bullets, into the treeline, into the very guts of Mad Dog’s great nemesis, COSVN.

And Mad Dog Shriver was never seen again.

wesmc
            Participant

I’ve read everything I could ever find about Shriver. He was as great a warrior that ever lived and just an intriguing character.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.