Night Vision Retardedness

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Night Operations Night Vision Retardedness

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

OK, I’ll admit it. I scrolled over to WRSA to have look down one of their ’15 Fighters’ open threads on Night Vision. Fucking hell, but the retardedness is strong.

Thing is, these things can be trained. But why train when you can crack on with no fucking idea, gob off in comments without realizing what a fucking noob you are, and dissapear over the horizon of tactical retardeness.

Clearly there was no benefot in my trying to post there to try and educate people. So I’ll just be a sarcastic asshole and post one of the genius comments here. Note, there is so much wrong with all of this I can’t even begin to start:

Having worked with 5’s, 7’s and 14’s, and without money to spend on the fun stuff that has come out since, I purchased 5’s with 3rd gen tubes.
        1. Lower priced than the others.
        2. Binocular vs monocular, better depth perception
        3. 14’s left with me with a burnt out eye after driving around all night, and I got tired of keep one eye closed all the time.
        4. the big solid box with its large rubber strap kept the things where I wanted them on my head, as opposed to the constant sliding down your face that you got with the 7’s and 14’s.
        Just my 2 cents worth. Bear in mind that the M60 and PRC77 were still a thing when I started.
        I did use the Simrad KN 200 (and later the 250) on an m24 but I didn’t think it was that great and the PVS 4 on a m249 always just whited out after the first shot. I wouldn’t spend the money on them now or use them if I had them.

B-)

fabio
        Participant

This is so wrong it makes me wonder if he was trolling.

First Sergeant

Wow.

FILO
            Signal Out, Can You Identify
            Je ne regrette rien
            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

dave37
            Participant

LOL. If ever a statement deserved an “OK Boomer” it’s that one. I bet he loves his 1911 and his M1A too.

HEAT 1 2017
              Intro to CQB 2017
              Texas HEAT 2 2018
              Operation TeaSinker 2019
              Combat Leader Course 2019
              Team Coyote
              Team Rekkr
              Team Cowbell

hellokitty
              Participant

3. 14’s left with me with a burnt out eye after driving around all night, and I got tired of keep one eye closed all the time.

I knew it. He’s a pirate.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                FOF X3
                OPFOR X2
                CLC X2
                RIFLEMAN

Robert Henry
                Participant

Reading the title I thought this was going to be about that scare tactic story that circulated a week ago. Wasted a LOT of my time debunking that BS.

But hell I think this post is worse LOL.

PVS5 is a brick, old skewl brick. Strap it to your head, sweat your ass off… I believe there was some EARLY 3rd gen tubes that went into some of the later ones, but most were Gen 2. At least mine was. I used one for years in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Since the TUBE (tubes in this case) are the big dollar part of a system, if he put new 3rd Gen tubes into an old PVS5 housing…. well that wouldn’t be the smartest move.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                  Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

Max
                    Keymaster

Reading the title I thought this was going to be about that scare tactic story that circulated a week ago. Wasted a LOT of my time debunking that BS.

Please tell.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

PVS5 is a brick, old skewl brick. Strap it to your head, sweat your ass off… I believe there was some EARLY 3rd gen tubes that went into some of the later ones, but most were Gen 2. At least mine was. I used one for years in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Hell I still have a working PVS-5, while it certainly isn’t worthless, to suggest it as primary option today is ridiculous.

Yes the last ones were made with early gen 3 tubes.

I can’t help but think this goofball is talking about something purchased many years ago as I have not seen but a handful of used PVS-5’s for sale in at least the last 15 if not 20 years.

When talking old NVG’s I admit I prefer 5’s to the PVS-7’s, but that’s almost a silly conversation in today’s world.

As Max states “retardedness” is appropriate! :wacko:

Robert Henry
                      Participant

Definitely been a while on the PVS5s. Must have been around 2002’ish that I last saw some decent prices on them. 2nd gen units refurbished at around $795. with a 1 year warranty with the AA battery adapter. That was probably the best price I could remember on a PVS5 since I can remember (1990’ish).

www.jrhenterprises.com

Robert Henry
                        Participant

Please tell.

Basically someone started a BS story that the “FBI confiscated via eminent domain” some NV devices. Basically a scare tactic to drum up sales.

There was NOTHING in the story that was true, I confirmed it with ALL the major tube manufacturers at Shot Show last week.

When I first was told about the story, I asked who it originated with and as soon as I was told who, I laughed and immediately said “yeah it’s BS.” Then I had to waste some time to confirm it. I had gotten several dozen emails and phone calls inquiring about the “shortage” and was the “FBI” really “confiscating” NV. LMAO

So sitting in my hotel room Wednesday morning I sent out an email blast refuting the whole thing after talking to all the big players in the industry about it on Tuesday. Basically confirming my initial call of BS.

www.jrhenterprises.com

First Sergeant

PVS-5’s, we had them and never took them out except to inventory or to play around with.

As was said above, it’s like strapping a brick to your face.

If you are keeping one eye closed while wearing 14’s, you are doing it wrong.

FILO
                            Signal Out, Can You Identify
                            Je ne regrette rien
                            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.