*NEW* Squad Tactics Class

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates *NEW* Squad Tactics Class

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

At the AAR for the CLC on Sunday, we discussed the fact of how hard I had to scramble to fill CLC (we had 10 out of 13 students) and also the main problems of getting enough OPFOR. Due to an incredible amount of selflessness we have a number of guys give up anything from two days to a whole week to ensure we had enough OPFOR to run the class.

We know that the class is a whole week and that impacts leave time for students and OPFOR alike. I also want to point out that the events are constructive and great fun for OPFOR.

We also discussed my decision to not schedule another CLC in 2020, how to go forward, and the fact that CLC is really our best class. The class is at 7 (8) days right now due to the requirement for a 13 man squad, and the need to have time, at two missions per day, for all of those guys to fill the squad leader role. We did also discuss that many may not be showing up for the class due to the fear of failure of not wanting to step up to the squad leader role.

The following were the conclusions:

We will replace the Combat Leader Course with a new Squad Tactics course.

Squad Tactics will be a four-day class run twice a year in spring and fall.

It will still require the same number of students (13) and OPFOR (6).

Students will arrive on the Thursday morning as per a normal class.

Thursday AM:
        AirSim issue / briefing / test fire.
        Classroom – lectures on the planning and orders process.
        Basic tactics rehearsals.

Thursday PM:
        I (Max) will give orders and run the first mission as the Patrol Leader.

Friday – Sunday:

2 missions per day, 1 mission Sunday morning. These will each have orders and rehearsals conducted by a student Patrol Leader, as the current CLC is run.

This means that you can show up wanting a squad leader role, or not at all. During the class, there will be 5 squad leader spots for volunteers. Everyone else gets to be a rifleman and learn that way with less responsibility. During the missions, there will be (with a 13 man squad) 18 team leader positions available.

I will be making adjustments to the 2020 schedule shortly. There will be a couple of changes to already posted classes in order to run one Squad Tactics April and another September.

The current FoF Squad tactics class will go away. That had become a sort of half-way house between the old FoF and CLC, but with no real time to plan or rehearse any missions. FoF at MVT will now be on either Squad Tactics or CQBC.

I will remind everyone that due to these changes, and also the Recon class, there is a requirement for OPFOR for these classes. We are finding AirSim to be an excellent way to simulate Small Unit Tactics, and MVT is moving more into it as a complement to the live fire classes. Please sign up for OPFOR spaces.

AWS18
        Participant

Sounds great 👍🏻

CQB 04/19
          Heat 1 06/19
          Heat 2 08/19
          CLC 10/19

Max
          Keymaster

FoF at MVT will now be on either Squad Tactics or CQBC.

And HEAT Reconnaissance of course!

hellokitty
            Participant

I have taken this course twice. It is absolutely excellent and you will be a silly kinigit if you do not take this course. And now that its a 4 day course, there is NO excuse.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
              FOF X3
              OPFOR X2
              CLC X2
              RIFLEMAN

Pewtin
              Participant

Planning on being in this class.

Team Rekkr

Max
                Keymaster

I have changed the calendar for 2020. I have now added a spring and fall Squad tactics class.

Calendar can be found here:

Training Calendar

I moved a couple of things around so will repost the schedule (which is in the calendar anyway). Dates for the Squad Tactics are now:

04/23/2020 – 04/26/2020
                  09/17/2020 – 09/20/2020

Robert Henry
                  Participant

Hell yes.

Bummed this year couldn’t do OPFOR because of some surgery in the family that I had to be there for.

Looking forward to this new class.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                    Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.