New plate carrier

View Latest Activity

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Civilianresponder
      Participant

I’m thinking of upgrading my banshee plate carrier to something better to go with my ShotStop plates. Top choice so far is Crye JPC but I’d love to hear what other Alumni are running and what they think of it.

Robert
        Participant

Bought a Cyre off of another Alumni and I love it. Need to find another one to upgrade the boy at some point.

Civilianresponder
          Participant

Thanks for posting. I’m leaning towards the JPC its seems to be more reasonable price wise.

idahocajun
            Participant

My father in law runs the Crye JPC and loves it. I run the Warrior Assualt Systems recon rig. I personally love the quick snaps versus Velcro. I have been eyeballing the first spear rigs for a while, just haven’t pulled the trigger based on the price point.

Mike Q
              Participant

I run a jpc but swapped the cumberbound out for a first spear tube unit. I love the first spear tube design. If I had to do it again, I’d go with a full first spear plate carrier. I bought the jpc a year before I switched the cumberbound and didn’t want to spend the additional several hundred dollars for the full first spear rig.

Roadkill
                Participant

Velocity Scarab LT. With the ultra small zip on back pac. The articulating shoulder straps make for super comfortable movement. Plus with Velocity in the name how can you go wrong. Seriously though, great piece of kit. I can quickly attach either of the MVT chest rigs I have.

Hessian
                  Participant

Direct Action Gear, Spit Fire Plate carrier. Very similar to the JPC & very light.

JohnnyMac
                    Participant

I’ve been using the FirstSpear STT https://www.skdtac.com/FirstSpear-STT-Plate-Carrier-SKD-Exclusive-p/fsr.550.htm.

The tubes are nice.

Keeper
                      Participant

Crye good to go :good:

Civilianresponder
                        Participant

So after a lot of deliberation I decided to try out a US made version of the LBT 6094. AWS Inc makes it,there are some great reviews and their gear is well made. They sell their version of the 6094 for about $150 and I can get a tubes conversion for it for another $100 from Beez Combat systems. After I receive it I will update with what I think of it.

https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52813

Lloyd
                          Participant

I’ve tried a bunch of different PC’s and my favorite are these –

Slick Plate Carrier

https://lbtinc.com/collections/sale/products/6094k1

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                            Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

Mike Q
                            Participant

Here is the attachment method I used to marry the JPC with the cumberbund from First Spear and their tubes.

Civilianresponder
                              Participant

Thanks for the pics. I wound up going with a Firstspear strandhogg. So far I really like it. Super comfortable.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.