New Forum Area

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by  Larry Moore. This post has been viewed 5 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

This new forum area is designed to specifically support the HEAT Reconnaissance class and aspects to do with recce planning and patrol movement, recce patrol, close target reconnaissance, surveillance and observation (S&O), observation posts etc.

We have recently created the HEAT Reconnaissance class. That is a 3 day class focusing on recce (recon). It dioes not cover observation posts. It is likely that we will run 2 day weekend classes at some point to cover observation posts: planning, siting, setup, running, IAs.

Larry Moore
        Participant

So who’s coming to class, myself plus one will be there. I’ve heard multiple guys asking for this class so let’s fill it up and have some fun!

Max
            Keymaster

At 4 with deposits in right now. 6 min, 8 max.

Max
            Keymaster

What may not be realized / understood is that both Scott and I have specific training and experience in the realm of reconnaissance. We have held back on this for a long time, figuring out how to best bring this to class. Hence the new 3 day Recon class with later plams for 2 day OP training weekends.

Scott specialized in LRS. I had specific training in BritMil.

I have also noted the ongoing interest from students in anything long range / sniper / fieldcraft based. It is true that HEAT 2 is more of a squad based combat patrol class. The Recon class will square that circle. We are not doing ‘sniper’ but we are bringing out the fieldcraft in reltion to small team recon (recce) patrols with close target recce etc.

Max
              Keymaster

And then there were 5!

1 more and it runs.

:yahoo:

Larry Moore
                Participant

roll call….. who is in for recce class?

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.