New 7.62 Squad Marksman Rifle for Army

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership CUTT Operations New 7.62 Squad Marksman Rifle for Army

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by ffhounddog. This post has been viewed 83 times
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      hellokitty
      Participant

Hmmm…
        I seem to remember an article by Max on the utilization of 7.62 within a squad CUTT.
        https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/12/army-receive-762mm-squad-marksman-rifles-early-next-year.html

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
        HEAT 2 (CP) X1
        FOF X3
        OPFOR X2
        CLC X2
        RIFLEMAN

Lloyd
        Participant

Working toward a “special, government produced 6.8mm”? Why not just go with 6.5 Creedmore, which SOCOM is in the process of fielding? It’s already in the system, and would simply require rebarreling existing 7.62 systems. Same magazines, same links for belt-fed systems (maybe?), etc.

I guess that would make too much sense, and not allow for enough wasteful spending of taxpayer dollars.

:wacko:

RobRoy
          Participant

H an friggin K? With all the homegrown makers of AR-10 platforms they go there, hmmmmm?

hellokitty
            Participant

The brand or the even the caliber is not really important. As long as it is reliable and is a HEAVY round for the application Max is advocating in the CUTT concept in a squad setting. The concept is the key here. You are replacing a squad automatic weapon with an accurate semi auto rifle with enough ass to eat through cover. The rifle must be able to function in multiple roles, support fire and CQB. Which means you can’t put your 20X scope on it.

This concept is important for a civilian unit that doesn’t have access to Belt Feds and a supply chain with endless ammo available. It’s the concept that the Army is adapting to. And Max has already given us this info in CUTT.

Again, it’s the concept that is key.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
              FOF X3
              OPFOR X2
              CLC X2
              RIFLEMAN

tango
              Participant

Put a rifle together and let’s practice :yes:

Still looking for takers…
                https://forum.maxvelocitytactical.com/forums/topic/maneuver-support-group-drones/

hellokitty
                Participant

I have had a rifle, T.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                  HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                  FOF X3
                  OPFOR X2
                  CLC X2
                  RIFLEMAN

First Sergeant

We’ll see if this thread is till going after I get back from the VTC for the weekend.

For now, HK because they won the contract. This was announced over a year ago. I don’t know why they felt the need to release the announcement again.

As far as caliber goes, it’s an answer looking for a solution.

FILO
                    Signal Out, Can You Identify
                    Je ne regrette rien
                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

ffhounddog
                    Participant

There was a protest on the selection from what I heard.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.