MVT chest rigs

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment MVT chest rigs

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew
      Participant

Any update on when they will be available again? My wife has decided she needs one and I would like to “strike while the iron is hot.” :yahoo:

Roadkill
        Participant

Same, not wife, but a couple of buddies.

Max
          Keymaster

The iron is not hot. I am on a delay. And in the meantime deciding whether I will get back into gear at all.

dnb
            Participant

Seems like you had a market for it and got the gear you were interested in figured out. Contract it out with quality assurance. Make lot runs. There are a bunch of people (small companies) that make gear in the hiking, backcountry, and hunting gear that would probably would do it as a side. I would also look into ‘sweat shops’ in the USA. There are tons of textile / sewing companies in major cities. May not be the mom and pop oem, but at least the gear would make it to the market.

Also, tailors in big cities are always looking for steady customers and they are craftsman. Every seamstress I’ve dealt with are always willing and busy.

Virgil Kane
              Participant

That blows. Anybody got an extra chest rig for sale?

JohnnyMac
                Participant

A tactical tailor mav or minimav and esstac kywis are a close substitute.

More and more, I worry less about gear and more about training for the fight.

wheelsee
                  Participant

More and more, I worry less about gear and more about training for the fight.

Sounds like you are progressing on your journey……… :good:

Virgil Kane
                    Participant

Damn, I know I can come here any day and get my balls busted. LOL

Understood on the gear. I am just really impressed with the Kydex retention on my MVT rig compared to an LBT I have with velcro tops that hold 3 mags in a pocket and rattle and shift with only 2. I have a Specops Brand that is similar, but it has a lot of elastic that I know will eventually break down.

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

Damn, I know I can come here any day and get my balls busted. LOL

Understood on the gear. I am just really impressed with the Kydex retention on my MVT rig compared to an LBT I have with velcro tops that hold 3 mags in a pocket and rattle and shift with only 2. I have a Specops Brand that is similar, but it has a lot of elastic that I know will eventually break down.

I totally wasn’t trying to give anyone a hard time- more of just a friendly reminder. ;-)

The esstac kywis will do exactly what you’re looking for.

Andrew
                        Participant

My spouse has finally expressed a little more than a passing interest in training. Training will be simplified, and less stressful for her, if she has something besides my leftover Vietnam vintage web gear to work with. It is much easier to train with good equipment, a little something I found out at RS/CTT Texas 2017.

BrothersKeeper
                          Participant

Hey Max, I’ll just put out there that I hope you don’t give up on MVT gear. I’m sure it’s a pain in the ass to keep the quality high and the prices reasonable, but those of us who have MVT gear are very appreciative of the end result. Beyond buying more product let us know how we can help. I’ll be buying a new multicam versa rig if you bring them back.

kadelic
                            Participant

Damn, and after all the hype? I was looking forward to the MVT light battle belt.

Keeper
                              Participant

I am still looking for another chest rig, sof rig

Roadkill
                                Participant

MVT gear is now collectible. Wish I would have bought more when they were available. Day late and a dollar short.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.