Max Talk Ideas?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk Ideas?

• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago by TC. This post has been viewed 90 times
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Any ideas or topics for Max talk videos going forward.

It can be very simple stuff, even such as the combat reload, or whatever.

Remember that my resources for this are myself, in my backwoods, able to do a talk or do some limited shooting at targets etc.

Looking for some stuff that the internet will generally like, so it may be some dumbed down shit.

Andrew
        Participant

How difficult would a short series of videos on clearing malfunctions be? I say that because it might involve close ups of a double feed or similar shots.

Max
          Keymaster

I had a mad idea that I should get myself a Red Coat uniform for videos. I’m not sure exactly what I would do with it, but I have been discussing with one of the reeneactors here about getting an actual legitimate red coat uniform. His buddy directed me to this FB page for more info?:

https://www.facebook.com/hm17thregiment/ – gotta love driving the rebels off the field at bayonet point, you really have :yahoo: B-)

So I am contemplating it. An actual jacket (without the rest) costs about $365 made in the correct madder red wool, which is apparently more expensive since the Woolwich Mill closed. I understand the rest of it, including linen breeches, is a lot cheaper, bu I am sure it gets expensive if you really get into it, like all things.

So other than a mad hair about wanting a Red Coat uniform, what could I do with it in videos? Any suggestions?

Andrew
            Participant

Well, since you are a US citizen now, :good: it could be a target. B-) Just some idle speculation.

Unless you want to do videos comparing modern firearms to muskets, effective range, etc., and stuff like speed loading then vs now.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Want something outside the box?

How about a movie review?

From classic to modern?

The Wild Geese?

Could be fun! Particularly with Redcoat and multicam! ;-)

Max
                Keymaster

Not sure I am technically equipped for movie reviews.

I knew it was only a matter of time on the Red Coat thing, with irony not being appreciated, and bang first comment!

I had even wondered about getting into something more political, which always gets interest, and there would be a certain irony in doing so dressed as a red coat with my accent.

You guys know 1776 about 240 years ago, right? Does being in the British Army make me a red coat? :wacko:

Lloyd
                  Participant

…Does being in the British Army make me a red coat? :wacko:

No. Being in BATFE would make you a Redcoat.

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                    Team Coyote / Team Rekkr / Team Cowbell

58marine
                    Participant

“You guys know 1776 about 240 years ago, right? Does being in the British Army make me a red coat?”
                      Max, you took our oath, right? Despite your previous associations,you’re a Rebel now…one of the good guys. :yes:

Brushpopper
                      Participant

I’m liking all these ideas! But if you wear a red coat how will we see your face since you’ll have to be facing away fleeing!?! LOL all in good fun! :bye:

Brushpopper
                        Participant

Something political while dressed in the red coat would be interesting and funny I think! Definitely something on how we are not as free as we’d all like to believe or are led to believe.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

How about something on “Why AirSim?”

What does that mean?

It’s use and limitations.

Compared to other products like MMR.

Your experience.

Why own vs rent?

Andrew
                            Participant

RE: The Redcoat thing. You could do a series of videos in different UK uniforms from over the years, showing how the Empire grew and declined through various wars over the centuries, up until modern times when the former Empire has receded and the accompanying loss of individual freedoms (no guns, no knives) along with hordes of imported invaders and how our path is starting to resemble theirs. Cue individual liberty.

Who would be better at drawing the inferences/parallels than a guy who was educated in their system, grew up there, and watched the final chapters of the decline first hand?

No offense meant in any, way, shape or form

Lloyd
                              Participant

RE: The Redcoat thing. You could do a series of videos in different UK uniforms from over the years, showing how the Empire grew and declined through various wars over the centuries, up until modern times when the former Empire has receded and the accompanying loss of individual freedoms (no guns, no knives) along with hordes of imported invaders and how our path is starting to resemble theirs. Cue individual liberty.

That’s kind of a cool idea. Brings to mind this:
                                https://forum.maxvelocitytactical.com/forums/topic/tommy-robinson-hero-of-the-uk-needs-help/

MVT Texas 2015-2020

Lloyd
                                Participant

BESIDES the fact that the UK has definitely gone to shit even worse than the US…

For future videos, I would say start with the sand table and plastic “army men” and do something with that. The “army man” videos you have done were EXCELLENT, and really helped viewers visualize how and why the SUT you teach make sense. My 13-year-old son (who has not trained with you yet) commented that a lot of what I’ve tried to teach him all of a sudden made SENSE after he watched the “army man” videos.

:good:

MVT Texas 2015-2020

BradyBunch
                                  Participant

How about use of terrain,camo, etc for recon/hide sites, using your toy soldiers for placement references?

TC
                                    Participant

Looking for some stuff that the internet will generally like, so it may be some dumbed down shit.

Some ideas in typical YouTube clickbait format:

* AR15 for SHTF Fighting Rifle: What to Buy and How to Set it Up

* Red Dot vs ACOG: Pros/Cons for Tactical Preppers

* How to Survive a Home Invasion

* Tactical Tips: How to Flank Your Enemies Like a Pro

* Setting up Security and Defense Positions for SHTF

* Tactical Prepping: Untrained Friends, Family, and Neighbors

* Civil War 2.0 and SHTF – What Most Don’t Know (Boogaloogistics)

* CQB vs Fighting in the Field – Differences

* Managing Recoil – Hammer Pairs, Double Taps, Controlled Pairs

* Rates of Fire – How Fast Should You Shoot Your Rifle in Combat?

* Tactical Cheating – Distraction and Deception Tactics

* Combat Team Leadership – Command Voice, Maintaining Grip, etc.

* Tactical Comms – Mil-spec Radios Headsets vs Baofengs

* Night Fighting with PVS-14 and AR15 – Tactical Tips

(Also: YouTube thumbnails would pop more if the font had a dark outline/stroke or drop shadow)

Sitting Duck
                                      Participant

What to do with the Red Coat uniform? Although the firearms attract the attention, Water, hygiene and shelter keep the soldier able to handle that firearm.

Focus on the move and communicate and minimize the shoot part. Escaping unarmed POWs and unarmed targets of terrorist attacks share the same disadvantage. Cover/Concealment, How to understand where an attack is coming from (incoming vs rounds at a tangent).

Robert
                                        Participant

How about something on “Why AirSim?”

What does that mean?

It’s use and limitations.

Compared to other products like MMR.

Your experience.

Why own vs rent?

Great idea!

Add in clips from the FOF class in a few weeks. It pushes the class and the guns- “available at RedCoatTactical.com I mean MaxVelocity.com ;)

Yes the redcoat thing would be hilarious. Just watch out for the basement dwellers comments.

hellokitty
                                          Participant

If you want to get more views with the masses, then start doing gear reviews on pistols, rifles, scopes, gear, MREs, toenail clippers, etc. 90% of gun community thrive on this. You will most likely get nauseous while doing it. But thats what the masses want. And you can pre medicate with Zofran beforehand.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                                            HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                                            FOF X3
                                            OPFOR X2
                                            CLC X2
                                            RIFLEMAN

Hessian
                                            Participant

Gear reviews… yes there are thousand reviews out there but it will drive traffic to your page. Perhaps focus on light fight gear (surplus and some gucci gear) and less prepper stuff?

Perhaps some short mini series or at the end of from “Lord Max” wearing a red coat and powdered wig tongue n cheek talking about liberty and other similar topics.

A few other topics that might drive some traffic.

“Why your quick draw means nothing in SHTF”

“Evolve beyond the flat range”

“Fitness and weight: will reduce your combat effectiveness and get you killed in the first minutes of a fire fight”

Robert
                                              Participant

Gear reviews… yes there are thousand reviews out there but it will drive traffic to your page. Perhaps focus on light fight gear (surplus and some gucci gear) and less prepper stuff?

Perhaps some short mini series or at the end of from “Lord Max” wearing a red coat and powdered wig tongue n cheek talking about liberty and other similar topics.

A few other topics that might drive some traffic.

“Why your quick draw means nothing in SHTF”

“Evolve beyond the flat range”

“Fitness and weight: will reduce your combat effectiveness and get you killed in the first minutes of a fire fight”

I smell an idea- Max all kitted out in British regalia from the revolutionary war, discussing how you silly yanks wasted away the work your Founding Fathers put in 200 odd years ago.

Sort of like the old “Visitor from the Past” poem but with a Brit telling how the Founding Fathers seemed to now have fought in vain because we have lost (gave up) so many liberties.

“These were men of action, honorable men willing to put their lives, sacred honors on the line… and meanwhile today’s “men” can’t be bothered to get in shape, develop skill at arms or sometimes even vote…”

Reminds me of Max joking at classes about King George only getting like 2% tax and comparing that to what we pay now. Kinda makes you think you know.

Incipient
                                                Participant

How about a video on the lite patrol pack concept and its contents (a la HEAT 2).

A continuance of your fight life concept videos.

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

Anonymous
                                                  Inactive

I’m not sure if it would count as a Max Talk but I imagine you have a decent amount of footage from training sessions, perhaps you should compile them into a brief overview of what each of your courses cover so folks who follow your channel can see how the training is structured with some context.

thomasws81
                                                    Participant

I like the idea of building a hide, both subsurface and surface, for OPs. How to site, use terrain and construct them.

V/r
                                                      Scott

Max
                                                      Keymaster

(Also: YouTube thumbnails would pop more if the font had a dark outline/stroke or drop shadow)

I don’t have a photo editor program that will let me do that.

Jack Moses
                                                        Participant

Max, you asked for simple how about sling setup. I struggled for years trying to figure out how to have it both ways. Two point setup for a right hander. Head in the first, then left arm in so the two point sling ends up under my left armpit is how I used to do it. I had problems with it getting in the way during reloads and sometimes had to loosen just to be able to chamber check and reload. When I attended CTT, the first day you showed us the way you do it. Right arm in first, then head where the two point sling ends up under your right armpit. That allows me to quickly reload, does not get in the way, and can quickly be slung around to my back. Wear the sling like a necklace for shoulder transitions….Also your method of clearing a bolt override with the barrel in the dirt will have several range instructors freaking out, but could make for some views! Do not get me wrong I use your method just not at work.

Jack Moses
                                                          Participant

I said the sling setup part backwards! Sorry.

Max
                                                            Keymaster

@TC – I figured out I could use a still in my video editor program, and simply freeze the graphic and take another still. That is what I used on the combat reload vid, and went back and did a review on the most recent video covers.

TC
                                                              Participant

@max – Looks great, really stands out now. I tested some free image editing apps and what you’re doing is way faster and easier. :good:

Viewing 28 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.