Max Talk 028: Close Quarter Battle / Demonstration Video

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 028: Close Quarter Battle / Demonstration Video

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

JohnnyMac
        Participant

Notice how smooth and controlled they are…not dashing into a room.

BrothersKeeper
          Participant

Great progression of explanation to video to narration. Very helpful. You keep adding more things and improving the teaching value of these videos. Specifically the content gave me a really good understanding of some of the basic concepts. Can’t make CQBC this year but hopefully next year. Thanks.

riflemaniv
            Participant

Excellent play by play. Something I noticed was the #1 guy pinning the door in the second room until one of his teammates could clear behind it. It was a little bit of a lightbulb moment for me seeing as I haven’t made it to a cqbc class yet and have zero cqb experience.

Mike Q
              Participant

This was a 3 room shoothouse so there was a known quantity of rooms. However if you were clearing a modern American home, for example, at what point does your team perform tactical reloads to make sure you don’t run dry while clearing a “new room”. I know the answer will most likely be “it depends”, but would it be something like once engaging 2 or 3 targets or perhaps a few more.
                I’m taking CQB in September so I’m sure it will be discussed then but I’m curious now.

tango
                Participant

This was a 3 room shoothouse so there was a known quantity of rooms. However if you were clearing a modern American home, for example, at what point does your team perform tactical reloads to make sure you don’t run dry while clearing a “new room”. I know the answer will most likely be “it depends”, but would it be something like once engaging 2 or 3 targets or perhaps a few more.
                  I’m taking CQB in September so I’m sure it will be discussed then but I’m curious now.

That will reduce stoppages but you’ll get them anyway. Figuring out how to deal with them is interesting.

JohnnyMac
                  Participant

I know the answer will most likely be “it depends”

Yeah, it’s one of those things. In the CQB huts, with only a few small rooms, and 1-4 enemy, you might not go through even a full mag. Larger structures, larger forces, barricaded enemies, etc might mean more ammo is used.

It’s perfectly acceptable to take a sec before moving to the next room, for whatever reason (tac reloads, casualty, EPW, etc). It shouldn’t be a long pause, if possible, so you don’t lose the initiative.

Hessian
                    Participant

Good break down of CQB and an excellent narration by Max. At other tactical schools I’ve attended people tend to rush through the CQB exercise in an attempt to be ‘cool’ cbq masters.

The people in the video doing the CQB, I assume they are professionals? I ask because it would be great to inform the friends who I share the video with that yea these guys are pros and you don’t see them rushing.

Max
                      Keymaster

Legit Special Forces.

Mike Q
                        Participant

Thanks Tango. Thanks Johnny.

Brushpopper
                          Participant

Great video, really like the talk through! :good:

JohnnyMac
                            Participant

At 8:06 we see 3-man bump 1-man and then hug him as 1-man pies the next door. We don’t get to see the entire room, so maybe 3-man (now 2 man) is facing something we can’t see, but it’s a little different to see him with his back to 1-man.

Any insight @Max or @John3X ?

Max
                              Keymaster

He’s covering the target at the bottom on the screen, because consolidation has not happened yet.

But the video was an example that showed TTPs. I don’t want you to grt too sucked in to this particular example. There was no breaching. They did a deliberate clearance vice more of a flow. There are lots of option here.

JohnnyMac
                                Participant

the target

Ahh, that’s what I was missing

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.