Max Talk 027: The Combat Reload

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 027: The Combat Reload

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

William Crowe
        Participant

EXCELLENT!!

Davidcole
          Participant

Great video really liked the tap rack bang

Brushpopper
            Participant

Awesome, was just like being in class! :good:

Civilianresponder
              Participant

:good:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Max, Arktis Comb Arid?

Max
                  Keymaster

Max, Arktis Comb Arid?

Yes.

Hessian
                    Participant

Excellent follow up to the last Max Talk.

I am surprised that Arid COMB works very well in your Ao there.

Also, noticed that your belt setup has changed from your original setup in Max Talk 007: Gear: The MVT Lite Fight Concept? In this video it appears that you have stacked your pistol mags outside of your AR mags on your battle belt. Any particular reason for the change?

Max
                      Keymaster

Excellent follow up to the last Max Talk.

I am surprised that Arid COMB works very well in your Ao there.

Also, noticed that your belt setup has changed from your original setup in Max Talk 007: Gear: The MVT Lite Fight Concept? In this video it appears that you have stacked your pistol mags outside of your AR mags on your battle belt. Any particular reason for the change?

I sighed when I read this, tell it to you straight. Take-aways were gear set-up and camo?

Gear.

Gear is such a basic thing, we have to move beyond it. Most of the internet cannot move beyond gear. It has to be achieved to build the whole warrior. Wear your gear at class / training and find out what works.

This seems harsh? Imagine my perspective when I am building something here – and some haven’t even trained, to take benefit from what we have built.

I will probably never do another gear postor talk. Ask me about it at class if people are really that interested.

wildbill
                        Participant

Great demo of the combat reload but what I really liked was the real world demonstration of when something doesn’t go as planned you went into auto mode and fixed the problem.

TAP RACK BANG :good:

To this day I remember the Jungle Walk where Ivan popped up and instead of BANG I hear click. Do I get to cover NO I stand there like a dummy looking at my rifle and yelling F@$k! A perfect example of to much time on the square range.

So if you are out there watching Max’s videos and reading this forum and not getting to his classes you are just kidding yourself!

Hessian
                          Participant

Max my very first comment was how the video was an excellent follow up to your Max Talk 26 and even answered my question that i asked here on the forum about reloads on the move during a peel. It was nice to see the explanation and several examples of how you guys do it at MVT.

No not harsh I understand why your not hung up on gear.

Lloyd
                            Participant

Awesome, was just like being in class! :good:

Ditto! Great follow-up for “Max Talk 026”.

….and I’m kinda diggin’ the new “dirty” uniform. :heart:

Seriously, these Max Talk videos are GREAT! Talking about setting up your gear is cool, but you’ve already done that, and the rest is a very personal “what works for me” thing… so I see no reason for you to rehash the “gear” thing, unless you have a huge lightbulb moment and discover a better mousetrap.

RobRoy
                              Participant

At my range this week with my go to war carbine practicing this I mention the emphasis on the snap downward to drop the mag out. A few times I went to put in a new P-Mag and the old was still hanging in.

A_A_Ron2guns
                                Participant

More Pmags not dropping free. Pmags suck, always have. I will never understand why they became so popular.

This videos is goooooooood. We need to see more of you (Max) shooting and doing talks about the WHY. It’s all about the software. Not the hardware.

GreenTip
                                  Participant

Great video over a simple often overlooked important skill. :yahoo:

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.