Max Talk 017: Tactical Problem Solving & Decision Making (+ Hasty Attack)

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 017: Tactical Problem Solving & Decision Making (+ Hasty Attack)

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 72 times
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

rommel
        Participant

When the hell do you sleep? To me, this is one of your best videos. The suggestion by Hessian to voice over was excellent. Filming in a wide open location being able to see both the support by fire and assault groups was a true eye opener. I got the Big picture. Keep the refining up. I can imagine more views will be coming with this latest release. :good:

William Crowe
          Participant

:good:

Agree with the overlay. Good reference of the Tactical Manual (page numbers), page in the upper R corner (following along), and then telling what we’re looking at. ID certainly lends itself to be able to see what’s happening.

You can also tell you’re finding your groove……

TC
            Participant

Good points, will re-read that part of the manual in light of this video. That voiceover clip was great with you explaining what’s happening, what parts differ from actual combat situations and why, and pointing out the details like silhouetting. I could watch voiceover analysis of class and combat footage all day.

Civilianresponder
              Participant

Nice job. That video was a great example of what the training is about and demonstrating what we do. :good:

Brushpopper
                Participant

Getting better and better!

Pewtin
                  Participant

Good video, thank you.

Team Rekkr

Anonymous
                    Inactive

Great video, nice work Max! My only constructive criticism is that it felt like it bogged down a tiny bit during the book-reading segment in the middle, perhaps it might be worth pausing the actual training video during those critical decision-making moments to discuss “Here, the squad leader can do w or x, because of y he will do z,” to tie in the video to the text even better rather than cite the book verbatim beforehand? Just a thought.

Definitely one of your best videos yet, much more informative than simply raw training footage, which really drives down that this training is more than just guys shooting in the woods like milishuh. Keep it up!

Max
                      Keymaster

My only constructive criticism is that it felt like it bogged down a tiny bit during the book-reading segment in the middle, perhaps it might be worth pausing the actual training video during those critical decision-making moments to discuss “Here, the squad leader can do w or x, because of y he will do z,” to tie in the video to the text even better rather than cite the book verbatim beforehand? Just a thought.

Yeah, there’s always one isn’t there.

I liked the book reading bit.

Civilianresponder
                        Participant

Story time with Max…

Anonymous
                          Inactive

My only constructive criticism is that it felt like it bogged down a tiny bit during the book-reading segment in the middle, perhaps it might be worth pausing the actual training video during those critical decision-making moments to discuss “Here, the squad leader can do w or x, because of y he will do z,” to tie in the video to the text even better rather than cite the book verbatim beforehand? Just a thought.

Yeah, there’s always one isn’t there.

I liked the book reading bit.

I wasn’t making that suggestion to annoy you, just my two cents, take it or leave it, no big deal.

I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.