Max Talk 013: The RTR Drill: How to React to Contact

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 013: The RTR Drill: How to React to Contact

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

JohnnyMac
        Participant

Nice. I’m glad you mentioned having to skip the first R because of safety angle. Untrained people don’t get this.

farmer
          Participant

another good talk that brought back memories & lessons learned at HEAT 1.

Brushpopper
            Participant

Another good one, excellent points on the RTR and/or TR drills (depending on the situation)! Looking forward to the talk on cover shooting. These talks help stir up the lessons from class and keep things fresh!

Max
              Keymaster

Well, the views are not cutting it so far. I can keep making them, but the idea is to do it to get the word out. I need to get some exposure and get these some views.

Brushpopper
                Participant

@max I totally understand! I wish I knew what the answer was, but will keep sharing these on Facebook and by email until something happens!

GreenTip
                  Participant

Good clip.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well, the views are not cutting it so far.

Keep it up, these videos are a investment to attracting future students.

We’ll keep “seeding” these to various sites until they build the exposure you are looking for.

Another thought is your Amazon page, I don’t know how it’s done, but some authors have videos and blog posts on their “author” page. These are part of “Author Updates” on their page. The blog post are abbreviated, but when you click “read more” it takes you to their website.

Might be worth doing.

LittleBigBill
                      Participant

Be out of look, so I have GOT to binge watch them. Please keep them coming.

Anonymous
                        Inactive

Good video, everything was to the point and clearly explained. Agreeing with Joe, unless YouTube does another anti-gun purge these videos won’t expire, it’s an investment.

Perhaps one suggestion I could make is adding either video or graphics to highlight some of the things you’re talking about as you discuss it, sounds silly but people like pictures. Would take a bit more work to put together, not necessarily super-hard but it’s your call. The video stands well enough as-is but, if you’re worried about view counts, more visuals can hook people who might get bored or impatient with a spoken-word explanation of RTR.

Hessian
                          Participant

Well, the views are not cutting it so far. I can keep making them, but the idea is to do it to get the word out. I need to get some exposure and get these some views.

I am not sure how well these videos are recommended if at all by Youtube to people who might be interested (based on their previous videos). We all know where YT stands on a well armed and educated civilian population. You have just under 2k subscribers to the channel, and with in the past week or two many Youtube content creators have noticed a downturn in views. Youtube changed their notification setup and many people who are subscribed may not be getting notified of when you uploaded a new video.

It does take time to develop a following. I didn’t hear of MVT until March of this year by stumbling on a YT video posted on the Lite Flight concept which was posted Aug 16th 2017. Video production isn’t very refined, but the content is great! There is something missing compared to more popular YT gun/military channels. It could be that your too low key in showing how your different from the rest of the ‘flat range’ guys in your videos. A bit more bravado and more action on the channel? You do have action videos but they are very confusing to the un-trained eye. Your videos posted from Texas this year were totally confusing till I read the tactical manual and had an understanding of small unit tactics. You need to walk the uninitiated viewers through their movement and progression. Otherwise its a bunch of dudes who appear to be firing all over the place.

I personally have been sharing the channel when the opportunity presents itself. Like this weekend I will be meeting up with a small group in the Philadelphia area who have similar interests.

Max
                            Keymaster

Thanks, but I have no intention of becoming a full time YouTuber. Hence the cheap and low key format and production. Videos are simply movies taken at class. I know channels have a lot of slick stuff (money) going on, but the point here is not to turn MVT into that. The current format of the office chats is easy for me and low budget. I have too much else going on to become a YouTube channel.

It is on the other hand possible that I could take videos down that are confusing people? Let me know and I can simply delete them if they are doing more harm than good?

Hessian
                              Participant

I understand that you don’t have aspirations on becoming a full time Youtuber. The chats are great in breaking down the Tactical Manual for those who have purchased the book and are interested furthering their education by attending your HEAT classes.

I don’t believe taking any videos down is necessary. Most of the videos that were confusing are from 3 years ago they have little to no text in the video and a brief description below the title. Those who understand the Tactical Manual/ MVT way will understand whats going on. Future videos could use brief cuts to an instructor breaking down what the user (non MVT educated) is about to witness.

Abacus
                                Participant

You could extract the audio and put it up as a podcast. That might get you more ears of not eyes. It also would insulate you from the next YouTube him Purge.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.