• Author
      Max
      Keymaster

JohnnyMac
        Participant

:good:

William Crowe
          Participant

THANKS!! Excellent review for us noobs…..I picked up some nuances I missed in class.

You mentioned “the Forum” and discussions there – do you want us to share this information on open format, i.e. Facebook, personal/business websites??

wesmc
            Participant

Nice review. I assumed it is ok to share since it’s on youtube. Trying to motivate others, but seems they are more into memes and gun pictures than actually learning to deploy their weapons. :-(

Max
              Keymaster

The video is totally public. I just won’t enter into follow up discussions on it / questions, on any of the series, outside of the MVT Forum. Please spread – I have been. Thanks.

zeerf
                Participant

Awesome Max Thanks for taking your time to put this together.

D Close

I liked the half attack for its flexibility. In the fireteam context, it provides a circular security position. You can react with at least two guns in any direction. Not optimal for a flank threat but there are always compromises. The biggest strength is the easy communication afforded with it. You are always directly clear to the leader, whichever position he chooses to occupy. Terrain permitting, this seems like a good night formation. Thoughts on that?
                    As Max states, none of this is dogma. Your terrain and other requirements will always have a vote on what works best. Best to practice this between classes with your gang so it flows. As the group becomes more skilled, there doesn’t need to be as much verbal queing. It just happens because your guys know what they should do.

Corvette
                    Participant

Nice video Max. Can’t wait to see others. Can you do one on hand signals or recommend a resource for that topic?

Thanks!

Max
                      Keymaster

I won’t do one ob hand signals, not only becasue it is retarded, but because I cover the (relatively few) needed at classes. It’s not sign language, as some internet resources would have you think.

I will be covering tactical interest topics
                        around those taught in class. So not actual class material, because that is for class. But depth to it or additional subjects such as this video.

farmer
                        Participant

I like it.
                          1) The time went by quick, which to me means that it was not boring or repetitive.
                          2) The rate of speech was good & clear.
                          3) And you told us what the next topic would be, (Patrol Leader position), which was a question that popped into my head during one of your maneuvers.
                          4) I think it was very well done.
                          5) The magnetic board & magnets was a good idea.

farmer

hellokitty
                          Participant

You get these vids rolling on YouTube and next you will have companies ask you to wear or review products. You will get free stuff. And you become famous like Sir Elton John. :yes:

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                            HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                            FOF X3
                            OPFOR X2
                            CLC X2
                            RIFLEMAN

RRS
                            Participant

Very good. RTR fastest with the mostest

Is camoflauge and various sub-topics a possible topic?

I think the vid is great for recruiting new attendees. Vids like this will make them feel more familiar and comfortable AND more likely to get off the couch and go. stop internet surfing and start training.

For alumni….As to content, it was a great review. Gotta keep it fresh in the the mind. Repetition…repetition. Thanks max :good:

Max
                              Keymaster

Camo and concealment? Who knows. It is intended to be interest talks around the general subject of training. As tome progresses, it may evolve.

Just ordered a better camcorder. Gopro is shite.

Lloyd
                                Participant

:good:

I thought it was awesome! Should be a great marketing strategy. Short, simple, and lets folks know MVT is above and beyond the typical square range crap.

One topic I’d suggest, since it’s one of the biggest benefits I’ve gotten out of MVT training: Get your head out of the target! Know who is where, what they’re doing, etc. Whether it’s SUT or everyday CCW, you have to be able to rapidly shift your focus back and forth between “target” and “everything else”.

JohnnyMac
                                  Participant

Although I think the MVT community is in some ways a TTP focused crowd, a video on matching gear to the mission/task should get a lot of views…you know, because the average person likes to buy shit and watch videos, instead of train.

RRS
                                    Participant

I asked the camo question because I have been reading accounts from the Germans at Normandy, getting their asses handed to them and trying to put myself in their place against over whelming fire power and wanting to be invisible.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.